• Breaking News

    Monday, December 6, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 06 Dec 2021 06:22 AM PST

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Tarn Adams talks about Premium Tutorials.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2021 08:11 PM PST

    The Palisade Protecting the Peninsula (Masterwork) (Armok Vision) (Humans)

    Posted: 06 Dec 2021 05:57 AM PST

    boss hen: shaking around giantess by the head

    Posted: 06 Dec 2021 06:58 PM PST

    Just had the most disappointing forgotten beast encounter ever

    Posted: 06 Dec 2021 02:39 PM PST

    I just got into this game this week, but having seen some of Kruggsmash's videos I had some idea of the potential danger of these things. After playing for a few in-game years getting nothing done I decided I had enough of this fortress and it was time to start anew on a better location and with a better design plan after watching better guides.

    I decided I wanted to go out with a bang, being brought to ruin by some major threat. But even so, years passed without me getting attacked a single time, no elves, no goblins, nothing. Even with deliberetely bad choices I hoped to bring my fort to ruin, diggin way deeper than I was ready for, channelling lava close to my stairs, nothing seemed to try to kill more than one or two dwarves every so often.

    Then, a forgotten beast appeared. FINALLY, I though, finally something could destroy the fort so I could restart anew. I thought for sure I was done for, but then I read the description... It was described as a huge snail with noxious secretios, sure it didn't seem like much but if I didn't send any squads surely it would kill everyone, right? It's not like we had any good armor, or weapons.

    Then, not even thirty seconds after the warning, I go check my units list, and - the forgotten beast was dead. Checking the reports, it seems a single marksman that was visiting hit a couple of good shots, one which pierced the brain. And so I had to manually abandon my fort to ruin.

    submitted by /u/QuantumMemery01
    [link] [comments]

    The Intense Micro Needed to Build Aboveground Structures (Masterwork)

    Posted: 06 Dec 2021 07:41 AM PST

    A tour of my megaconstruction project (The House of Snot) [Nottingham], a recreation of the Disney's Robinhood town and castle, with residents!

    Posted: 06 Dec 2021 07:25 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment