• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 29, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress ☼large granite pot☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼large granite pot☼


    ☼large granite pot☼

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 06:32 AM PDT

    Longdeath (year 57 of 1005) Keeping a fort alive for 1k years. Live for 5+ hours. (vid will be linked once offline)

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 10:34 AM PDT

    Retaking a fort fallen to the undead! (2hr, starting at 7pm UTC)

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 11:54 AM PDT

    Just wanna give a big shoutout to Status, the Cyclops who visited last night...

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    And the human swordsmen who turned on my dwarves after killing it, clogging my moat. Fun!

    Just learning to play, so far that was my most interesting failure, lol.

    submitted by /u/Bucky_Ohare
    [link] [comments]

    Labor/Job Priority (Info not suggestion)

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 06:45 PM PDT

    Ever since the 0.40.20 update I've heard that there are hard coded priorities for the different labors in the game.

    For the rest of this post assume that I never change the priorites on any of the designation jobs (so I keep them at the standard 4 priority) and I never use anything like work orders or "do task now" or anything that might affect the priorities. I'm just focusing on the innate job priorities. So if I had a dwarf with, for example, only the carpentry and cooking labors enabled; and I had 100 carpentry jobs lined up waiting for a dwarf to do them and 100 cooking jobs waiting to be done; and I had no other dwarves in my fortress to take any of these jobs. It is my understanding that the dwarf would do all of the carpentry jobs then move on to the cooking jobs after if carpentry is higher priority than cooking (or vice versa if cooking is higher than carpentry).

    Also I'm not concerned about job priority within labor classifications. Don't talk about which of the cooking jobs he would do first, I don't really care about that. Just talk about if he would do cooking or carpentry first.

    If that is true then if I figured out the list/ranking of job priorities then I could have a dwarf with the weaponsmithing labor enabled and I could also enable every labor that I know is lower priority than weaponsmithing. Then this dwarf would always do weaponsmithing jobs as long as they are available but if none are available he would do these lower priority jobs. Then if a new weaponsmithing job becomes available he would take it as soon as he's finished with his current low priority job.

    And then you could do this with all your jobs that you want skilled laborers doing. They could have their main labor as the highest priority labor you assign so that they're always doing that but if they run out of jobs to do with that labor they still have lower priority stuff to do instead of idling.

    If anyone has or knows of a place this list/ranking of job priorities exists and could point me to it it that would be amazing.

    If anyone could tell me where in the code to find the relevant values and tell me how to read those values so that I could figure out this ranking myself and could edit it after any update that changes it, that would probably be even better.

    If anyone could make a tool/program that automatically finds these values in the code and displays this list/ranking of labors so that after any update to the game we could check the ranking that would be beyond amazing. If it is possible then I would even petition that such a thing gets added to dwarf therapist so that the labors are ordered highest priority on the left and lowest on the right so that if you enable a labor you are able to safely enable any labor to the right of that labor as well without worrying about your dwarf not doing the labor you want them to.

    If it is more complicated than that because things like distance to the job and when you assigned the job affect which labor is picked then feel free to tell me off. (But as far as I know stuff like that only affects which job in the specific labor the dwarf will pick first and is irrelevant to this discussion of labor priority so if it's not relevant please don't discuss it below)

    If I don't get any hard answers I might try to do some testing where I get a fortress with only one dwarf and I make sure at least 2 or 3 jobs of each labor type are available to be done and then I'll enable every single labor on that dwarf (except the exclusive ones) and create this ranking based off of the order in which this dwarf does the available jobs. So if no hard answers are in the comments and you know of any mods or anything like that which would allow me to spawn in items for all the jobs in a risk free testing environment feel free to include those below and that would help me test.

    submitted by /u/JamerLaFrance
    [link] [comments]

    [Stream] The military outpost of Daggerfence! No invasions yet... Might need to go poke some elves! (Live now for 3-4 hours)

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 06:51 PM PDT

    How did I mess up this bad? (modded)

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 12:38 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment