• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 24, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress Dwarf Fortress is Steams 13th most wishlisted game right now.

    Dwarf Fortress Dwarf Fortress is Steams 13th most wishlisted game right now.


    Dwarf Fortress is Steams 13th most wishlisted game right now.

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 04:27 PM PDT

    It dawned on me that maybe you can speedtrain your dwarves by grabbing them with a walrus man in adventure mode.

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 09:02 AM PDT

    So a common way to train defense in adventure mode is

    a) find a small harmless animal like a guinea pig or a squirrel

    b) grab it's limbs using wrestling so it cannot attack you and do harm

    c) then punch . that makes time pass a gazilion times - it leads to the animal attacking you till it passes out of exhaustion, every attack giving you some xp.

    I just recalled having read a post somewhere about a guy that trained ALL his combat skills on the same animal - and he found out that it trained the animal as well. So he ended up with a small sucker with legendary skills and godly strenght that could in fact hurt him. Like a Hulk-squirrel.

    Now.

    If you

    a) Make a fort, retire it

    b) Return as an adventurer - a really big animal man like a walrus man, so you can grab the dwarves safely.

    c) Probably you need to train some first in small animal so you're strong enough to grab a dwarf like it's a squirrel.

    d) Then did the same with the dwarves - grab them with wrestling and hit . till they pass out from exhaustion -

    • It seems to me you might get dwarves to legendary skills for whatver skills is used here in a very, very short time. They'd get legendary striking, kicking, fighting, wrestling and get super strong I think.

    And IDK if you could train their dodge/defense by grabbing them and then striking them for a day with something harmless, like with a leaf? (Probably don't do that with a dwarf you iike, I'm not sure but it might damage them.)

    It would probably work with children too and be even easier with them?

    I don't play atm, but if somebody feels like trying it it would be fun to read it.

    submitted by /u/Orange-of-Cthulhu
    [link] [comments]

    Giant slugs a huge monster in the form of a slug. Probaly the giant animal I whould want to meet least in df.

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 11:41 AM PDT

    Recovering stolen artifacts

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 04:09 AM PDT

    Hi all!

    I've recently devoted myself to trying to recover my fortress's first artifact, a cat bone mask called Ivorystatic. It was coveted for ages and eventually stolen.

    I can see a few things online about preventing theft, but does anyone know if there's a reasonable way to recover one once it's left the fortress? The 'recover ivorystatic' mission in the civ view seems to do very little, my squad leaves, comes back after a while and there's absolutely nothing in the report, no movement or anything. Possibly because they don't know where it is.

    One way I've tried which seems like the most likely to work is become an adventurer and go searching for it. I can't ask about it (I guess my adventurer didn't know about its existence, maybe I should make one that starts in my fortress?)

    Since I've tried a few things I thought I'd ask for advice so you can tell me if it's even possible, am I searching in vain? : p

    submitted by /u/Jimverse
    [link] [comments]

    Efficient method to save time when you kill many numbers enemies in their sleep.

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 05:53 PM PDT

    I just wanted to share this tip. I found a place with loads of goblins in a fort, and naturally I waited till they slept and then went in to kill them all. Like 60.

    I found out scratching is a great attack - just use ONE scratch attack to the throat of the sleeping enemy, and then you move on.

    They will bleed to death, so you kill them with just one attack. I haven't seen it fail even once.

    I trying diferent things, but found scratching their throats to be much better than strangling them or trying to decapitate them.

    submitted by /u/Orange-of-Cthulhu
    [link] [comments]

    No motivation to play?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 02:33 PM PDT

    I've been playing DF but I hardly find a motivation to play... there are no goals (only the goals you want to accomplish). I now I can improve a lot of stuff, have more dwarfs, etc, but I don't find any motivation to spend my time doing it.

    Why do you play this game?

    submitted by /u/susosusosuso
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment