• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 1, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress Falling rock is no joke

    Dwarf Fortress Falling rock is no joke


    Falling rock is no joke

    Posted: 31 May 2021 07:57 PM PDT

    An uninvited guest

    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 02:38 AM PDT

    So my first dragon arrived at my 300 strong fortress, so me assuming we're in for some fun but not ready to completely give up the fortress make a new totally under ground burrow and station my army at the entrance of it, the dragon appears to be going to one of my 3 entrances into the outer wall so I lock it, I expected to either fly over or go to the next entrance with the broken draw bridge and the door wide open with eleven bodies, but no it just sits there at the birch door the only entrance that's blocked letting all my dwarves come in side, and I have no clue what saved my fort here

    submitted by /u/ultramarine0123
    [link] [comments]

    DF did it again. I found myself exclaiming "Oh no, not the cripple child!"

    Posted: 31 May 2021 01:25 PM PDT

    Stargray has had better days. 12 years into it's existence, a huge invasion reduced the population from 280 to 46; the streets are loaded with corpses.

    Gel was 10 years old when he was killed, and resurrected to be undead. His mother died in the defence of the outer gates, his father was a cheesemaker who was also resurrected but slain again. His older sister died too. He plays next to their corpses.

    This is just one of the many families that lived here who are tragically torn apart. The mayor, Thala, is the widow of the previous mayor, captain of the guard and legendary hero, "Bruto" Glitterplots the Ultimate Peace. Their 6 year old daughter was born in Stargray, and died there. It honestly really broke my heart.

    So there I am, wondering if I should abandon the fort and start a new one... or at least clear the corpses a bit to properly memorialise the heroes of the fortress, and I get a notification with red text. A weregilla; it comes into the streets and immediately runs for a child that happened to be loitering about.

    Not just any child; Casast is 11 years old but has fought off 3 zombies and a goblin to survive and gained a hero's title as a result. He couldn't run because the motor nerves in his right leg had been severed during the siege. The weremonster died fighting the crippled child (!!) but before it did, it infected the child by biting it and even injecting venom.

    I feel so bad that I'm gonna have to kill off this kid before it turns and kills other kids next full moon.

    Only this game makes me say stuff like that and feel this way

    submitted by /u/DumDumDumDaaah
    [link] [comments]

    DFFD - File: MacOSX Vettlingr Pack "Snip Snip Edition" 47.05 - 1.5!

    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 05:08 AM PDT

    First Dark Ages mod embark, and it is the coolest embark site I've seen (used the raws into the Mac LNP 47.05) - sunken volcano and three pillars of different height. The Prestigious Spears strike the earth in Bronzeenters!

    Posted: 31 May 2021 03:21 PM PDT

    First Dark Ages mod embark, and it is the coolest embark site I've seen (used the raws into the Mac LNP 47.05) - sunken volcano and three pillars of different height. The Prestigious Spears strike the earth in Bronzeenters!

    I'm definitely putting the entire fort into those three pillars with multiple bridges in between and probably the entire outside smoothed and engraved. Assuming I don't find the FUN of the dark ages before I get to all that. And that my piping of the magma up the centre of the eastern pillar to create a magma filled sky-aqueduct with a 14-z-level high magma-falls works. Does every pillar *need* magma plumbing? No. Will it get it? Yup.

    https://preview.redd.it/4saxg0zv5j271.png?width=1924&format=png&auto=webp&s=ef10738772175258c1af6a0d485fffd8cc17a05e

    https://preview.redd.it/96s1obbv5j271.png?width=1382&format=png&auto=webp&s=a603a7b86306e2ddd1aaee49841c6a5fb17cffcc

    submitted by /u/loosed_seal
    [link] [comments]

    The Spanish Fortress is here again!!! [ESP/ENG]

    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 11:52 AM PDT

    Workshops Classic vs Steam Side by Side.

    Posted: 31 May 2021 03:49 PM PDT

    Pro tip: use bridges as scafholding whilst building multi-z-level constructions.

    Posted: 31 May 2021 03:47 PM PDT

    Bridges are quick and easy to build, and also quick and easy to take down.

    Believe me, you'll wish you'ved use bridges in the past.

    submitted by /u/booleanfreud
    [link] [comments]

    Vettlingr Win64 mini Pack "Vettlingr's Revenge: The Revengening!" by Artist's Request

    Posted: 31 May 2021 02:27 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment