• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 1, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress I kid you not it named my war dog this in adventure

    Dwarf Fortress I kid you not it named my war dog this in adventure


    I kid you not it named my war dog this in adventure

    Posted:

    [Kruggsmash] Watermaster #3: Water We Even Doing

    Posted:

    When times are tough, I always think of this unlikely excerpt from the Wiki

    Posted:

    As you will be constructing walls in an aquifer layer, the construction will get suspended very often. Yet every time your construction workers get the chance to touch the wall, its construction will proceed a little bit and will be done eventually. Just be patient and keep unsuspending the work.x

    From the page for the "Double-slit method" for walling off aquifers. As of the recent update to aquifers, this page is much less relevant, but I still can't help but think about this.

    Whenever I'm feeling overwhelmed by whatever tasks I have to do, I think about this excerpt and remind myself that as long as I keep chipping away at the task, it'll get done eventually.

    It's weird the ways this game leaves a mark on you.

    submitted by /u/qweiot
    [link] [comments]

    One Wish That I Have For Dwarf Fortress Steam Edition

    Posted:

    I truly hope that there will be a mod in the steam workshop that makes you manage a goblin fortress instead of a dwarf fortress.

    submitted by /u/Ice_Frosty_Raven
    [link] [comments]

    Nearly shat myself when this thing rushed into the fortress.

    Posted:

    [SPA/ENG] Live with a collaborative Fortress on 47.05

    Posted:

    A simple resurrection chamber using a captured necromancer

    Posted:

    A simple resurrection chamber using a captured necromancer

    I managed to design a simple resurrection chamber using a captured necromancer so I thought I would share it here!

    https://preview.redd.it/gq7wv7sloiq61.png?width=71&format=png&auto=webp&s=de652212d0f80a5d14e1d86ec78bf0fd6b36e8ec

    Starting at the necromancer in the bottom right, the tiles heading north are a gem window, lever-controlled door and pedestal, then an L bend. When the door is open, the window allows line-of-sight to the necromancer but prevents them from leaving. I chose a window rather than a fortification to protect the necromancer from marksdwarves

    The door to the left is another lever-controlled door - basically a reset if I need it. Cage traps everywhere in case of zombies or escaping necromancers

    Basically you assign the corpse to be raised to the pedestal. A civilian carries it around the corner, sees the necromancer and runs away, dropping the body. The necromancer sees both an enemy and a raisable corpse, raises the corpse and viola - either a zombie or intelligent undead! So far I am 1 for 1 with intelligent undead with a planter who got his head caved in by a tantruming militia captain.

    Edit: 2 for 2 intelligent undead. Also apparently death doesn't cure high stress, so now my tantruming legendary swordsman now has superpowers :/

    submitted by /u/chipathingy
    [link] [comments]

    I wonder if dwarven squads will stop throwing themselves at enemies like idiots in a future version

    Posted:

    Even when you order them to move at one point, once they see an enemy, whatever you can do, they will throw themselves at it, even when it is a goblin accompanied by hundreds of other goblins and as many war beasts.

    They could stand where you ordered them to go, and wait from enemies here, but no. They will go outside of the wall inclosure, beyond the drawbridge, and isolate themselves in a big wave of enemies they won't survive.

    Will this behavior even be fixed?

    It would be great to go even further and define war formations, that would be defined in the military screen and selectable in the squad menu, like 2 lines of 5 dwarves, 3 lines of 3 with one behind them, a line of 6 on the left and 4 to the right... and especially for them to KEEP the formation as much as possible. This would also make them so much more efficient at defending bottlenecks.

    But now, I just want them to at least stay in a radius around the point you tell them to move, even when they see enemies. This would prevent us to lose soldiers because they are too dumb to live.

    PS : reposted because of misformulated title

    submitted by /u/Stained_Class
    [link] [comments]

    Fall of the Mushroom Kingdom - Dwarf Fortress?

    Posted:

    Excellent Dwarf Song to Listen to While Playing!!

    Posted:

    No comments:

    Post a Comment