• Breaking News

    Monday, March 1, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress Future of the Fortress 1 March 2021: "The player can design their fort, and with the map rewrite, we intend the underground to be more varied and interesting, and this should lead to player conundrums and stakes and choice and risk and all that sort of thing, as they go about dwarfifying the space."

    Dwarf Fortress Future of the Fortress 1 March 2021: "The player can design their fort, and with the map rewrite, we intend the underground to be more varied and interesting, and this should lead to player conundrums and stakes and choice and risk and all that sort of thing, as they go about dwarfifying the space."


    Future of the Fortress 1 March 2021: "The player can design their fort, and with the map rewrite, we intend the underground to be more varied and interesting, and this should lead to player conundrums and stakes and choice and risk and all that sort of thing, as they go about dwarfifying the space."

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 05:03 AM PST

    I don't want to play this game anymore.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 08:49 AM PST

    So this has never happened to me before, but a 79 year old woodcutter just took a tree to the leg and I guess I need a new woodcutter, I'll point out I had also just embarked, clearly my dorfs couldn't wait to have some 'fun', even tho there's a perfectly serviceable volcano I'm digging into.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 12:12 PM PST

    An adventurer of the night

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 06:30 PM PST

    My bard/trader/visiting noble trap is working well

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 12:22 PM PST

    Info regarding a specific magic mod

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 07:15 AM PST

    I remember that in late 2019 there was this magic mod I used to play in that was very interesting, it had some specific things bout it, such as a race of wizards whose magic would produce smoke that would teach you spells if you enhaled enough of it, or alchemy and such things. I can't seem to find said mod by looking at the mod thread listed in the bay12 forums, and even so I'm not sure if it would work on the most recent version of DF. would you know how I could find such mod?

    submitted by /u/Dandelidim
    [link] [comments]

    Anyway to mod saves to have fortresses count as hillocks?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 12:16 PM PST

    Like the title says I'm trying to figure out if I can mod any of my fortress saves to count as hillocks instead of fortresses as I want to start a world where I can settle hillocks then settle a fortress that can become economically linked to said hillocks.

    submitted by /u/Rorsten
    [link] [comments]

    Wishing i had more people who understood this game to talk to

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 01:10 PM PST

    Over many years and many fortresses ive experienced alot of df and really love the game but most people i know irl or even online dont understand anything about what im saying and its hard when i really want to talk about my experiences with someone who can appreciate them. Its for this reason i had the idea of trying to make a small group of interested people who feel the same who want to make a small discord group or something of the sort to share their fortresses stories. If interested send me a pm or a comment

    submitted by /u/EveWake
    [link] [comments]

    TIFU by underestimating how tough giant cave spiders are

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 02:21 PM PST

    By Armok's bloody beard. I have a fair bit of experience with DF, but I've never been keen on clearing the caverns. This time would be different, I vowed at the start of my current fortress.

    Things were going rather smoothly; the fortress was well underway. A weregiraffe, goblin invasion, and a giant were quickly disposed of. Feeling good, I decided to tackle the caverns. Big mistake. Turns out that just 1 giant cave spider in a narrow corridor is dangerous enough to kill 15 of my military dwarves, which is roughly half of it. Webbing everywhere! It just methodically injected dwarves with venom and shook them about by the head, thus fracturing spines. What a mess!

    It wasn't a good end of my evening, but man. Let's just say I'm not looking forward to tomorrow, when I'm going to assess the damage.

    submitted by /u/sircyrus0
    [link] [comments]

    I don't know what's going on in this fort anymore, but I'm sure Armok is pleased.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 12:58 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment