• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 16, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress Not really Dwarf-related, but Tarn's official title is a bit 'different' compared to the others

    Dwarf Fortress Not really Dwarf-related, but Tarn's official title is a bit 'different' compared to the others


    Not really Dwarf-related, but Tarn's official title is a bit 'different' compared to the others

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 11:30 AM PDT

    Say hello to my new fort's first baby! Born with a very long beard already braided, and chews his fingernails before his teeth have grown in. Dorf babies are WEIRD.

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 11:33 PM PDT

    Question on Horse Eugenics

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    To give brief context I have not played in about a year and coming back to the game I decided to give myself a large scale but relatively simple goal for my first fortress, so I picked a (iirc) 1x7 embark at a 5 tile wide straight leading into a bay and I am building a rock bridge across it. I, underestimating how many distractions from this project would manifest decided to create a side project while I am working on the bridge. I decided that the dwarves had some weird cultish wish to create a superior breed of animal, and I decided on horses. I know for a fact that pigmentation at the very least was determined by genetics but I wanted to see if i can get every horse to be muscular and not be scrawny/fat/short etc. Also to get every single possible color as well. Why I picked horses I do not really know but so far I have done well working towards the latter goal via raiding the elves. I started by immediately butchering all males that where not strong or muscular and any females that where had any negative descriptors below average. When the Goblins and Elves 4 years in decided to declare war on every other known civilization on this side of the continent I was distracted from the program for a short while. Which led to a population explosion while I focused on fortification and training a military. It is the seventh year now and the bridge is about 75% complete and last year I restarted the program with stricter requirements with any non strong or muscular female horses also being butchered. I have noticed though that skinny/short/scrawny/fat etc foals are still being born, which leads into my question. Does the genetics system in game only apply to pigmentation and nothing else? Do these physical descriptors have much of an effect on the animals at all? Are they completely random at birth? The only info tangentially related to this is that dwarves themselves can gain and lose weight which effects how much fat is on their bodies and effects the description. But what about stuff like short or muscular? I couldn't find any answers on this so I am wondering if I just wasted bridge building time on this.

    submitted by /u/MumkeSupremacist
    [link] [comments]

    Slab in a necromancer tower doesn't have anything written on it.

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 09:10 AM PDT

    It just shows the "You read (the slab)" part.

    Edit: I used DFHack to spawn a slab that actually works.

    submitted by /u/Jelly_Noodle
    [link] [comments]

    Longdeath Millennium (Year 37 of 1000) Streaming 5 hours. Vod will be in comments once offline.

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 10:47 AM PDT

    Hurt my lungs by talking too much

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 05:40 PM PDT

    I set up a macro to train comedian and intimidate in adventure mode by interrogating someone and then telling them seven jokes to calm them down and ran it hundreds of time. After it ran a while I noticed that my speed was half what it should be, so I paused the macro and investigated. It turns out it was from being dizzy, which was the result of both my lungs being injured.

    I read back in the announcements log and didnt see any messages about getting attacked or anything that could explain it. I think it was the repeated talking. Anyone else seen this? Good game

    submitted by /u/WuQianNian
    [link] [comments]

    Chancemorning the Frosty Saint-Waxes

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 02:10 PM PDT

    Here's the latest episode of The Tale of Three Cities, and its a tense time at the evil ruin where our previous adventure party members are hostile, there's a wild demon at the wild fort, and Utopia looks like ... well, utopia in comparison

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 12:35 AM PDT

    PAX 2020 Panel on Procedural Generation, with Tarn Adams, Andy Nguyen, Adam Saltsman, Jason Grinblat and Tyler Sigman. Hosted by Tanya X. Short.

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 11:09 AM PDT

    Pinching with Superdwarven strength

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 09:11 AM PDT

    My adventurer, Pinches off body parts and severs the nervous tissue of his enemies. He's only a competent wrestler...

    submitted by /u/Flankspider
    [link] [comments]

    Choose my next adventure!

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 12:28 AM PDT

    I have been playing a lot of adventure mode recently and I'm looking for fresh ideas. Give me a roleplay idea, goal, or challenge and may the highest voted win. I will post the results with the character's legend viewer page when I'm more or less "done"

    Bonus if it is something that can be ended with a retired adventurer. Near/Suicidal counts as retired ;)

    submitted by /u/7Aero7
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment