• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 23, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress Quick Look at Windmills in the Upcoming Update

    Dwarf Fortress Quick Look at Windmills in the Upcoming Update


    Quick Look at Windmills in the Upcoming Update

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 06:04 AM PDT

    Krugg, you've infected my game!

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 02:16 AM PDT

    DevLog 22 April 2020: "This week, we've started in on the world map."

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 10:35 PM PDT

    [Kruggsmash] Scorchfountain Ep.6: Two Heads

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 04:48 AM PDT

    Steam :: Dwarf Fortress :: Beasts, night trolls, and werecreatures, oh my!

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 09:02 AM PDT

    Machines and Tree Shadows

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 08:28 AM PDT

    Don't forget, folks, you can make your own masks at home!

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 10:11 AM PDT

    Natural Necromancer Vampire

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 06:45 PM PDT

    WHY...*SOB* *SOB*

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 11:56 PM PDT

    I think the religious simulation in this game is getting too realistic...

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 09:13 PM PDT

    Forgotten Beasts Needed

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 11:30 AM PDT

    Hey, all! In my D&D game, the players are helping a bunch of dwarves reclaim a lost dwarven fortress. Part of this involves killing forgotten beasts every now and again! As this will be a steady source of battles going forward, I'll need a lot. What are some forgotten beasts you've battled in your fortresses? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/FedashMadhas
    [link] [comments]

    She took the kids, he isn't taking it too well

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 08:29 AM PDT

    Dwarf Fortress Interview with TheEqualsE

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 10:40 AM PDT

    Ah, the hubris of man

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    Ah, the hubris of man

    A visitor came to my fort just as a necromancer siege began, and one of them got into a fight with a necromancer. The necromancer won, and decided to raise his former enemy as an undead.

    However, he raised him as an intelligent undead that retained thought and loyalties, so he got right back up and started fighting his resurrector again.

    The fight went on for some time.

    I don't know where the extra name came from but hey, can't fault either party's persistence.

    Eventually, however, the peddler got his final revenge.

    Don't start a fight you can't finish, and if you can finish the fight don't keep bringing your opponent back from the dead until that changes.

    submitted by /u/Libertine-Angel
    [link] [comments]

    Year 1, Winter: I have already achieved peak Dwarf Fortress

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 12:28 PM PDT

    Spellcrafts .44.12

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 12:22 PM PDT

    So I wanted to try and add Spellcrafts to my Masterwork Dorf Fortress game, as I have some other mods that seem to work pretty well, but have seemingly run into an issue. The one who created it has seemingly updated his mod to the most recent version and doesn't have any backups of the older version anywhere I can see. To each their own I guess, though this makes it TERRIBLY inconvinent when some people are waiting for other mods to update. Can anyone help here?

    submitted by /u/angel71090
    [link] [comments]

    War and trade

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    These are the two most confusing topics of DF. I don't know how to do exports. Is it the same as just trading with the caravan or is there a way to send out my goods. And war is just that maybe you get attacked once. you get nothing out of it. I just need an understanding of these topics because I am new. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/whyamihere1245678901
    [link] [comments]

    It might be an unpopular opinion but Forgotten Beasts are neither !Fun! Or interesting to me and need a huge rework.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    Titans have a place in the lore. So do Demons that become masters of a goblin civ. Necromancers have their towers, vampires their long history of murder and secrecy and were-creatures their alter egos.

    But forgotten beasts seem, well forgotten. They come in, they are hostile, they die real quick, and you wait for another one that doesn't leave an impression.

    There 10x more of them than Titans for some reason and they are a chore to deal with as they drop nothing valuable unless you can catch them to become trapped web spinners.

    My suggestion: they should be time before time heroes and have gigantic armor and weapons. At least it gives you incentive to kill them, to melt their gear. They should also be less frequent and more dangerous. As well, some should not be immediately hostile. Also having 5 FBs on the map at the same time just makes them lose their mystique.

    submitted by /u/Metadomino
    [link] [comments]

    Necromancer werepangolin fighting his own arm (bonus: when did the arm grow legs and a head?)

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 07:23 PM PDT

    Finally got my first werewolf

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 11:43 PM PDT

    Finally got my first werewolf

    And I've got to say, pretty disappointed. I mean, my fort is just past it's first year so I'm happy enough that it didn't go under due to a lone werewolf, but I wasn't expecting it to be a one hit kill either.

    https://preview.redd.it/cf7rjt3ikiu41.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=d600264d07f91fc605931a768f9d13a140fc896d

    I was planning on finishing getting my underground farm setup before calling it a night, but I've really gotta figure out the problem of my doctor getting bitten before I worry about anything else. Haven't managed this before, not entirely sure how to get him alone.

    submitted by /u/Galahaund
    [link] [comments]

    Bug / Poll: Pets are trash / treasure

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 11:26 PM PDT

    In my current fortress there is an interesting bug: if you have a coffin for a pet that has died, and it has body parts (in this case hair) that were severed in the fight that killed it, those parts will generate a job to move them to a refuse stockpile. As soon as a dwarf is done hauling it to the stockpile, another dwarf will realise: "Hey! That's Astod's leg! That doesn't belong there!" and put it back into the assigned tomb. This same dwarf will then think: "Wait a sec, this is an alpaca leg bone. Good for crafts." And so on.

    I don't think I've seen this bug elsewhere, but I think I'm going to stop wasting coffin space on pets.

    submitted by /u/Varalas
    [link] [comments]

    The No Nobles Bug --- Potential Cause/"Fix"

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 01:42 AM PDT

    I have encountered this bug multiple times in the last couple of weeks on a new region created, I only use two mods, the BPFA mod and DFHack.

    I believe that this bug has something to do with the generation of a world, I suspect this as I recently created a new region with history of 5 years, and with EVERY fortress I created in that region I didn't have a noble position, I also tried using the make-monarch command through DFhack and got a (NO MONARCH FOUND) or something like that.

    I then gave up on my hopes and dreams in that region and make a new one, letting history go up to 125 years.....And Huzzah! The bug was fixed.

    If any of you are having issues with this on embark, you'll have to make a new region (based on this assumption that this is indeed the issue).

    submitted by /u/Jiggily-Jellyfish
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment