• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 27, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress Mini maps and disembowelment. Dwarf Fortress steam edition update.

    Dwarf Fortress Mini maps and disembowelment. Dwarf Fortress steam edition update.


    Mini maps and disembowelment. Dwarf Fortress steam edition update.

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 10:00 AM PDT

    Steam News - Mini maps and disembowelment

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 10:46 AM PDT

    [Kruggsmash] Chamberpoint Ep.3: Reinforcement

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 04:05 AM PDT

    I tried my hand on the UI - Feedback always welcome. :)

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 06:56 PM PDT

    My militia commander threw a tantrum during the charge against invaders

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 04:32 AM PDT

    I recently had my first goblin siege. The battle itself went quite well. I had a fairly large militia (25 axedwarfs in full steel equipment) and the invaders were a few goblins and dwarfs. I had a few losses, but nothing too bad. The aftermath was much more complicated, with my hospital running out of cloth. On top of this, the horrors of battle had taken their toll on several dwarfs, including my militia commander, who starts throwing tantrums.

    In the end I manage to handle the situation pretty well, until about a year later, when a new goblin siege takes place. This time the invading force is significantly larger. I order all my squads to get in position and attack their force head on, thinking I still had the numerical advantage. Especially since I had a powerful Axe Lord Necromancer on my side.

    And this is when it happened. In the middle of the charge, mere moments before our forces clash, my militia commander throws a tantrum and starts hitting his subordinates. Naturally, being level-headed professionals who have their priorities straight, my dwarfs do what they must and about half my militia abort the charge and run back into the fortress to report this heinous crime. With a large portion of my fighting force suddenly and nigh-inexplicably absent, the casualties were much higer than expected. In the end, I lost about a dozen dwarfs, including my Axe Lord Necromancer.

    I can just picture it. In the midst of battle, the commander punches a subordinate and all his men just run away shouting "Mayor, mayor, the commander hit Urist!" and then run back to the fighting, half their allies having fallen in their absence.

    submitted by /u/Agentlien
    [link] [comments]

    I used Advanced generation setting's Painting mode to try painting America, it didn't end well.

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 08:58 AM PDT

    You don't sound very calm!

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 10:24 PM PDT

    They never learn

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    My dwarves filled the pond for the mist generator, but I doubt the mist will be pleasing. Am thinking water would be better.

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 12:19 PM PDT

    The kung fu eight year old

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 03:13 AM PDT

    Started playing the game two days ago

    Watched 4 hours of tutorial - Holy sh*t

    Built straight down, my first fortress

    In love with my legendary woodcutter

    Two in game years later, no wars no invasions

    Still have to solve every problem by looking in the wiki

    Have 87 dwarfes, all pretty happy

    A four year old dwarf went insane because of "the stress of day to day life"

    Laugh, silly game

    Didnt look it up in the wiki, thought it was fun

    She stoped eating and starved - Ok I guess

    The trader went insane seeing the childs corpse when they moved her body

    Started a fist fight with an eight year old

    Ok wtf, reads the report

    Eight year old dodges every punch

    Eight year old kicks adult insane dwarf in the shoulder so it bends

    Insane trader continues fighting others dwarfes

    Out of nowhere the woodcutters shows up

    He brought a battleaxe to a fist fight

    Hits the trader dwarf in the stomach

    Eight year old continues kicking the insane trader

    Look up how the woodcutter is feeling

    "Is happy because he got to fight"

    Continues to carry the body outside like nothing happens.

    " Ok, so I have a kung fu eight year old dwarf and a legendary woodcutter"

    Imagien they are good friends

    Looks like things are going along smoothly or what do you say?

    submitted by /u/Jesus9704
    [link] [comments]

    The fortress lives without any citizen

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 08:54 AM PDT

    I don't know if this is a bug or if there's something hidden, but I've just lost my last dwarf to something, which I'm betting was an angry ghost. Despite showing 0 citizens and 137 Other, none of them friendly (and a bit over 1200 deceased), the fortress didn't succumb. Some of the few living animals are still going back and forth and now I'm just waiting for either a trade caravan to arrive and see what happens, or for a new wave of migrants.

    submitted by /u/icastfist
    [link] [comments]

    I wanted to make an evil biome fortress to learn how to deal with contaminants and fun dead stuff. Unfortunately, there is no fun stuff, only dead trees and necromancer migrants. I have heard that necromancer ruler can create an evil biome.

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 05:19 AM PDT

    How do I remove the bloodstone? (Novice player? Completely vanilla version)

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 03:23 AM PDT

    Streaming the Tiny Tower and it's time to get organised. We have walls and ramps, so now it's time to get the layout sorted and figure out what should go where. VOD will be in the comments after the stream is ended :)

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 12:02 PM PDT

    Me too, Urist. Me too.

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 05:12 PM PDT

    An interesting Elf

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 10:17 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment