• Breaking News

    Friday, August 28, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    ☼Fortress Friday☼

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    Our weekly thread for posting interesting events without cluttering up /r/dwarffortress. Screenshots, stories, details, achievements, or other posts are all welcome here! (That includes adventure and legends mode, even if there's no fortress involved.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Plump Helmet Man

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 07:39 AM PDT

    BF - Defensive artistry

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 05:50 PM PDT

    Finished my new office, celebrated properly

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 11:49 PM PDT

    A crazy career change

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 12:45 AM PDT

    Apparently a common misconception is that they won't deck you with a book about that very topic

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 12:30 AM PDT

    DevLog 28 August 2020: "Been working on various matter - display support for various of the creatures and their child/undead variants, first attempt at the giant mushrooms underground, and a variety of items that weren't yet supported."

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 02:04 AM PDT

    Had my first theft of an artifact, and uncovering of a plot! The thief has been executed.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 09:35 AM PDT

    Dead Cave Moss

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 05:52 AM PDT

    Hello bearded mustards,

    I have a problem. A strange one, because for the first time in my entire DF experience a thing that I saw cannot be found using google or reddit.

    My underground pasture, which always was with a 1/7 water level, suddendly became filled with 3/7 water because of !!SCIENCE!!. Now my floor is full of Muddy Dead Cave moss, Muddy Dead floor fungus, etc. Animals don't eat it, not even now that there is no more water there.

    Will it ever go away? Will alive cave moss and floor fungus come back? May I avoid to butcher my entire farm?

    DFHack solutions are accepted because I was making !!SCIENCE!! with light aquifers so I don't feel guilty at all

    thank you all in advance

    submitted by /u/TheFaither
    [link] [comments]

    DFHack Part 6 - createitem (Item Materialization)

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 07:59 AM PDT

    So I was talking around and a child hits me with this...

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 06:53 PM PDT

    Legends of the Crusader World - The Crusade against Death

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 06:55 AM PDT

    I'm still exploring my crusader world, and I'm actually enjoying finding the lore through adventure mode. Statues, survivors, books, etc just lying around and fillin in the gaps. Here's the other post on crusader world if you haven't read it: https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/i0lykk/while_trying_to_create_an_apocalypse_world_i/

    TL;DR. Intelligent super human undead feed humans to undead beasts. Humans crusade relentlessly.

    The necromancers launched an invasion against humanity while they were in the middle of their crusade against the goblins in 190(having already absorbed the elves)

    Entire regions swept of life and the intelligent-undead leaders would literally feed the humans to undead beasts for extra gruesome deaths. Imagining the undead dogs from the second Resident Evil movie. Human leaders were corrupted and sold out their own towns only to then be fed to animals.

    The humans lost territory over a century to the point that only the heart of the crusader empire was safe from them as they had a mountain range between them and the dark tower. BUT. In time as the goblins were finally beat and other necromancers either willingly converted or were absorbed they put their full focus on crusade and have spent the last 50 years invading and resettling territories that were now filled with shambling zombie hordes

    Now there's a no man's land between the necromancer tower and the new crusader towns where zombie scouts, crusader scouts and random bandit gangs meet and brawl

    And of course there's us scouring the land looking for the history of this world and such.

    submitted by /u/WarriorofArmok
    [link] [comments]

    Adventure Mode Is a Mind-numbing Nightmare

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 06:48 PM PDT

    Can somebody please tell me what the point of adventure mode Is?

    I've played DF for a good 8 years now, and Adv mode is fun to dick around and gouge some eyeballs out in, but with the villains release I was hoping it would finally have a satisfying gameplay loop. I get in there, ask around for troubles. Uh oh, there's a baddie at this dark fortress who stole an artifact. You should return it! Now this is going to be some fucking badass shit! I get on my horse and ride off into the horizon. I arrive at the dark fortress, teeming with a goblin horde. I dismount, walk inside, and the goblins just let me in. Nobody attacks me or questions why I'm there. So I start asking around for this dude with the artifact. Oh yeah, he's here somewhere. I proceed to ask hundreds of goblins over the course of an hour. None of them were the culprit. I'm starting to lose my mind from boredom. I break some children out of cages to give myself something else to do. Oh shit, this is gonna piss the gobbos off, now we're gonna have to fight off the horde of greenies while I lead these children out! Nope, goblins still do not give a fuck. After another hour of asking around (at 2fps because I have to wait for the green bastards to update), I give up, and turn off the game.

    How the fuck does adventure mode even work?

    submitted by /u/Soapmac72
    [link] [comments]

    An apreciation post

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 08:17 PM PDT

    Well this is my first post on this subreddit, and in reddit in general. I have been playing DF on and off for about 5-6 years now, i know that for this game it may be little, but i'm young and still bad at it and to a degree i'm as in love with this game as the day a saw a video on a now dead youtube channel and watched week by week a unfinished tutorial that made me be lost in curiosity, and wanting more. This game has been with me for longer then all of my friends - i move a lot and i'm not the best at internet things- and the people who make content on it and the developers have been, over the years, some of the most amazing and inspiring people that i feel like i've seen on the various platforms i use, they and this game, helped me through a lot. This subbreddit alone has helped me solve a fair share of my problems on this arcane game, and that's disconting the forum post and the wiki articles that helped as well. Anyhow, i'm a soon to be dad and that kinda resparked my passion for Dwarf Fortress, and if this game has taught me anything is that the world is full of random things that can happen and a lot more that can go wrong, but you should always remeber one thing and it is that no matter what, it always should be about the fun, even when you loose.

    Thanks to the people who make this game and to the comunnity, strike the earth!

    submitted by /u/sailoryaoy
    [link] [comments]

    Succession Fort Year 2.5 Live at 6PMEST

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    Hi all! Like my previous fort implied we have come back with a new name, the succession fort which fits more with the DF theme. Tonight I will be finishing up the year before passing it off to TastyAndTheCats. I will be streaming starting at 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM EST. You can find it here: https://www.twitch.tv/mossygriffin

    Edit: Are we are done with year 2! Check out the links below.

    Year 1: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/718743205

    Year 2 (Start): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/721410655

    Year 2 (End): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/723462198

    Be there or be an elf!

    submitted by /u/mossygriffin
    [link] [comments]

    DFHack Part 5 - tiletypes (Placing raw stone)

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 11:15 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment