• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 2, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress I got The Second Age of Legends after I have been playing for two weeks and this is my third fortress. I think I'm lucky.

    Dwarf Fortress I got The Second Age of Legends after I have been playing for two weeks and this is my third fortress. I think I'm lucky.


    I got The Second Age of Legends after I have been playing for two weeks and this is my third fortress. I think I'm lucky.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 08:26 AM PDT

    Here's the second episode of my Lets Play featuring the embarks in my tutorial vids. This episode has it all! The amazing story of the evil ruin, animated in Legends mode, drama in Adventure mode and the progression of the other fortresses in fortress mode. Enjoy :)

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 09:38 AM PDT

    World-Gen Rocs have been breeding a lot

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 10:33 AM PDT

    The Bay 12 Games Report, August 1st, 2020

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 03:45 PM PDT

    Goblin dancer in my fort as guest

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    Does that mean that i am at ...PEACE with the goblins????

    HOW

    submitted by /u/Wolfkralle4
    [link] [comments]

    Artifacts are a dime a dozen, but prophetic ones...

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 08:35 PM PDT

    Artifacts are a dime a dozen, but prophetic ones...

    This artifact just finished. I never hit space after the announcement for the completion came; I wanted to go look at it. I'm not usually in the habit of looking at artifacts, I'm not sure why this one was an exception.

    https://preview.redd.it/8wx0cpk5eie51.png?width=1089&format=png&auto=webp&s=c3702f484ed2fdc1275cb3d8733e636dff4c8057

    Hm, I don't actually remember what that looks like. Some sleuthing finds it, it was the last artifact made before this one.

    https://preview.redd.it/a1qma54jeie51.png?width=1090&format=png&auto=webp&s=bddb1647865e46369c4840051de7b82cacd1910c

    For context, this was completed a few seasons ago.

    submitted by /u/MegaCrobat
    [link] [comments]

    DevLog 1 August 2020: "A monthly report. Also a Future of the Fortress."

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 04:37 PM PDT

    We are no longer striving to do what we set out here to do, we are now only trying to survive.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 05:00 PM PDT

    1st of Hemitite 802: It has now been over two years since we have come to Udducim and already we have strayed from what we came here to do. Our animal handler, Morul Rainedringed, who's idea it was to make this fort in the first place was one of the 7 who died to the giant cave spider at the end of our first year.

    Since then we have not made traps or cages to try and lure and capture dragons like we had come here to do. It was a naive idea, one that may get all of us killed if we try to focus on it rarher than our defense. No now we deal with the other denizens of this world.

    Last year was the most lucky I have been all my life and also the most unlucky. In the beginning of summer we were besieged by undead lead by Tosid Netplank, we had only just gotten a militia together to start training and they nearly outnumbered our entire population. We hunkered down but Armok was not done with us yet. An undead beast came into the second cavern layer, we have no way of knowing if it was with the undead above but it does not matter. Luckily we walled that cavern up the year prior so it couldn't get through.

    And as if that wasn't enough trouble for one year one of the dwarves that came in with the last migrant wave was a vampire. We found one of our kin drained of blood in the dormatory we had set up for the new migrants.

    But sometimes fate is strange and sends unlikely allies to help. A goblin adventurer by the name of Ashi Oceanbrushes, a competent swordgoblin, arrived to help take care of the crundle problem we had in the second cavern layer and she was about to get more than she bargained for, or so we thought. Over the course of a day she slew over 20 undead with her steel sword making sure to only engage one at a time until Tosid called off the attack. At the same time the crundles she came to kill had killed the forgotten beast below and we had found and imprisoned the vampire to live the rest of their days on the other side of a smooth granite wall. We named Ashi "Siege Breaker" a worthy name for this strange creature.

    Do not misunderstand me this was a great deal of luck to only lose 1 dwarf to a vampire in the middle of all of that strife but this conflict is far from over. Tosid has returned and he has more troops than ever, Ashi alone will not be enough this time and I fear even our megre army will not be either. We are outnumbered 7 to 1, they once again have as many fighters as we have citizens. Each of the lower caverns have a forgotten beast and we cannot go to the surface, please if you see mother tell her I'm sorry.

    Signed, Sigun Practicedbell - Expedition leader of Udducim "Willfulworks"

    submitted by /u/Galigen173
    [link] [comments]

    Why do animales/monsters in cages sell so well

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 11:57 AM PDT

    I can sell a cave spider for 2000

    submitted by /u/Wolfkralle4
    [link] [comments]

    I am not a monster, she deserves it

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 04:33 PM PDT

    Future of the Fortress 1 August 2020: "Yeah, the continuing plan, which seems feasible thus far, is to maintain keyboard alternatives everywhere."

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    Help designing an ideal embark.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    How would I go about making a map where there is a lot of terrifying mountains. All dead creatures instantly resurrect into the undead. There are a lot of wicked clouds that roll in. These clouds turn everything into undead thralls. There are 100 titans roaming the map. Any tips on how I can make a hardcore map like this?

    submitted by /u/gravitonium
    [link] [comments]

    The wrestling army

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 10:07 AM PDT

    Im on my 4. fort (the other ones didnt fail i just didnt leanr that the fun is in losing)

    And my whole army consists of drunken Wrestler dwarfs...

    I love this game

    submitted by /u/Wolfkralle4
    [link] [comments]

    Got my Toad's leg lopped off in Adventurer mode [mod]

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 11:29 PM PDT

    I only recently got into Dwarf Fortress (tried to over the years, but last month something finally clicked), and I decided to give the Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom mod purely for the novelty of recreating a brutal fantasy adventure like Berserk but with Mario characters. So I made a Toad and sent her out into the world, she kills a Beanish bandit only to get ambushed by a group of feral Goombas and have her foot lopped off by one of them. I managed to crawl back to my starting location before I got ganked by something else after sundown and rested till most of her wounds had healed, but now I'm not sure what to do? I don't want to retire her just yet cuz she's got some dope battle scars, but at the same time I don't know where I can get any crutches to allow me to stand again. I'm mainly asking for advice I guess, but I also wanted to share this little tale since losing a leg was still entertaining as hell, even if my character's kidna screwed.

    (update: She lost her right hand to a goomba as well, and after wandering for a while she was murdered by some boogeymen as I was trying to get unfrozen water)

    submitted by /u/Boredom_Flakes
    [link] [comments]

    movement

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:47 AM PDT

    would it be better for the movement of creatures not to just teleport to a tile

    but hop onto it if you don't know what i'm talking about i mean like the movement in keeperrl

    submitted by /u/Nakovv
    [link] [comments]

    I'll be streaming a tundra fort tonight at 7:30pm EST, come by and have a dwarf named after you!

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 04:13 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment