• Breaking News

    Monday, July 20, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 05:10 PM PDT

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Oh no smoke, how annoying

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 05:27 AM PDT

    An Overview of Dwarf ~ Human Combatives by Urist

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    Reminder: Do not attack intruder necromancers while they are next to the refuse pile.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:40 PM PDT

    And Now: A Second Pre-Fight Promotional with Urist McGladiator! (Dwarf Fortress Gladiator Tournament V, Round 2)

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    "Goddamnit when I tell you to get this ready before we go live I- for Armok's sake!

    "Good afternoon to all the Urists out there watching this, I hope you're not surprised to see me after that last fight, and I sure as hell hope you didn't make the mistake of betting against me! My condolences to any who did, but honestly, you should have seen it coming! Nobody can stop this minecart once it's headed down the tracks!

    "My next opponent is a Raven man, and cudos to them, I thought that I'd be fighting the Foul Blendec, even sort of looked forward to it, but a Raven Man? That's just as good. Raven Men are small, when I take 'em down it'll demonstrate that I'm just as capable of picking on the smaller gladiators as I am at picking on ones my own size!

    "Disa Shaftleap came here looking for respect, and I'll give 'em that, but I hope they don't mind if I don't give 'em anything but that, 'cause believe you me dearest viewer at home, and all the managers and gladiators too! I'm not gonna let them get any farther in this tournament. But hey, losing to the eventual winner of the tournament is almost like being runner up right? A lot of that much coveted respect can come from getting that position.

    "Or at least pity, though that doesn't sound quite as good does it? Just like last time folks, a bet on me is double your money, but a bet on the Raven man is money for the bookies, as much as you might be impressed by their performance against that evil creature with the whip, a copper scourge is no match for a platinum warhammer, and neither is any steel spear!

    "McGladiator will see you in the arena, Shaftleap! But you won't leave it!"

    (To bet on Urist McGladiator or any of your favorite gladiators in the tournament, follow this link!: https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/hteogb/dwarf_fortress_gladiator_tournament_v_round_2/ You don't need to have bet in the previous round, nor do you need to have entered a gladiator into the tournament! Wager today!)

    submitted by /u/69CommunismWillWin69
    [link] [comments]

    Hey, tried to rebuild the mines of Moria or some inspired dwarven fortress...

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    Gladiator Tournament V - Kosak Stormclaw VS. Adil Furnacedrinks!

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 02:43 PM PDT

    "Marlin", Master Speardwarf, commission for u/bourglar

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 05:29 PM PDT

    The Religion of Cobalt Canyons

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 09:22 AM PDT

    So, half of my fortress is into this religion, it is a ground based religion.

    More and more things keep pooping up about it, and I am truly FASCINATED. It kinda feels authentic.

    Something like the importance of Ethiopia for the Rastafari religion, but with more depressing tone

    a hammerdwarf, now a citizen has the following status "I recited We See Cobalt, at the Copper Dates (my tavern) I enjoyed that. I am determined to gather all things I can find out about this religion (including see if this poem, song does have a text)

    I would like to dig in legends, but I don't know how to without destroying the fortress (I am new, and bad with computers if you could help me with that I would be immensely grateful and I will share everything I know about the Cobalt Canyons...

    submitted by /u/TheCobaltCanyons
    [link] [comments]

    The work of Edodnakas, Giant Cave Spider

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 01:02 AM PDT

    Let's see shots from your most intricately designed fort

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 12:26 PM PDT

    I feel like so many of my forts always end up looking the same: haphazard and random with no real inspiration to "look" like anything or follow any symmetry. Would love to see what some folks have come up with either practically for fort economy or aesthetically.

    submitted by /u/bathswithdad
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment