• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 21, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress Spent too long on this little loop for a video I'm making for school!

    Dwarf Fortress Spent too long on this little loop for a video I'm making for school!


    Spent too long on this little loop for a video I'm making for school!

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 08:17 PM PDT

    I edited the GIF by Tacodude7729 as a world gen screen concept

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 04:30 AM PDT

    Found this DF inspired piece in r/PixelArt

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 09:08 PM PDT

    Ideas for modding based on movies.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 04:48 AM PDT

    How would Dworfs react if they were in diferent movies? Or how some movies would be if they happen in DF? Thats the questions that lead me to this.. Hope you like it.

    Need for speed: dwarves will have a new need, every now and then a dwarf will want to ride a metal minecart really fast.

    Fast and furious: dwarves have a new mood, every now and then a dwarf will create an artifact minecart. (Pimped up ride).

    Mad max: Fury road: on rare ocasions in desert biomes, two trader caravans will spawn and they will have a moving wagon fight to see who gets to the fort first.

    Matrix : Every now and then a dwarf will write a book about how the world they live in is a simulation, controled by evil beigns that rejoice in their suffering.

    Saving private ryan: you can now send a squad to rescue soldiers captured behind enemy lines. Soldiers will have toughts on that mission and you can read them to see what they think of it.

    The lord of the rings: you can send a squad to destroy artifacts in specific dangerous places. Destroying Artifacts can make its creator (or former owner) enter a cripling depretion.

    Please comment your ideas too. With luck we can get some modders to see it and maybe create some of these.

    submitted by /u/RamonDozol
    [link] [comments]

    In the Object Arena, a blind combatant petted me after I took his sword. Things are awkward now.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 07:59 PM PDT

    I recently started engraving, this one is one is...something I guess.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    Divinebrass - Madmen and Admin (2hr stream starting now)

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 10:59 AM PDT

    Buzzard causes construction accident, Fish Cleaner loses both hands.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 12:42 PM PDT

    Looming Darkness III - Adrinna Castator's Speech: Pre Round 2

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 08:46 PM PDT

    What -- this primitive equipment is a clusterfuck! Exactly what happened to electricity and speaker systems? Oh, you don't know what these are? Well, strap in, because you've got a lot to learn... Jeremias, give me a hand, will you? This fucking midget is the guy who services the equipment. There was another one leaving this place with a big hammer... half-naked. At least he didn't leave a mess.

    No doubt you would have seen me dispatch Spiro. I will become the winner of the tournament soon enough.

    I was one of the very few who survived the destruction of my own world. Fewer still found the facility and its people responsible for the destruction - the one who succeeded in opening that great rift in time and space.

    The number who survived its horrors and entered the rift, unscathed? None, until now. The record of two people will never be broken, not for a long time.

    In fact, I was surprised to see how many of my people had found your world. I saw records of towns and bases built by my people - though I have reason to believe some of these have fallen.

    No matter. I, along with my friends shall meet with them. Nothing shall stop me from finding and rebuilding the civilisations of Earth -- what? Yes, my people named it that. Don't laugh now - I hear your people named a particular city "Boatmurdered". Just, what the fuck kind of name is that, in God's name!

    Anyway -- again with the questions?! Yes, my people worship a god named God! NOW LET ME CONTINUE! Jeremias, give me your - No, I don't care. JUST DO IT!

    (An explosion is heard, then a soft *thud*, the sound of flesh hitting wood.)

    Sorry about that. Gross, that'll take a while to clean up.

    As I was about to say, yes, our weapons and armor are... particular... and, no, you may not have them.

    Wait. Let me check my notes: "24/12/2063: traded 15 bullet-resistant vests for 10 adamantine sheets" Well, *your* armor is also spectacular, but fighting off the demonic forces is pie for Jeremias. Travelling through rifts in time and space was his *job*. Unlike mine.

    That dead-eyed salamander is a survivor, and clearly she can handle herself. Like me.

    But how long has she trained for? How long has she spent scavenging, making hard decisions for survival, or...

    Does she has the burning, all-encompassing stubborn will to live? Has she spent the past few years constantly fighting, constantly pushing herself to her limits from sheer necessity?

    The apocalypse is a crucible. People are ground to razor-edges or broken on its steel. The old self is melted down, and something... something else emerges.

    But above all, it is not the desire to test my skills here in the arena that brought me here. Nor is it the prizes, or the thrill of combat that I miss from when I wandered the broken world.

    In the world I once inhabited, people are simply left when they fall. There is no time for farewell when every second risks infinite monstrosities leaping at you. The only tangible thing is a rotten corpse. Sometimes the corpses rise to become plated monstrosities as tall as a tower.

    Here, I can get something more. A song, a story penned with your primitive pens. Maybe a small plaque inscribed with my name.

    If I cannot find my people, Jeremias can. He shall be the one who gathers them and rebuilds a new Earth from the ashes of the old.

    This is Adrinna Castator and Jeremias Brab, signing off.

    submitted by /u/Extension_Driver
    [link] [comments]

    The Wonders of Children

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 08:29 PM PDT

    Dwarven Shotgun + Traffic Areas + Minecart Grinder

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 11:36 PM PDT

    CloudDorf take 2

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 12:43 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment