• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 27, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress Lost my first fortress

    Dwarf Fortress Lost my first fortress


    Lost my first fortress

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 02:48 AM PDT

    My tale is not so different from many others. But I learned an important lesson. My expedition had been quite the success and over the course of 3 years my motley crew of dwarfen ruffians turned and empty hill side into a bustling hamlet. Boasting over 100 occupants and moving like a well oiled machine my society was moving towards becoming a true dwarven utopia. A side from the goblin thief here and there things had been quiet in the country side, that was until, the weregecko came. Quickly I ran all my occupants into ur "oh shit" burrow and raised our draw bridge, although it was too late for some 6 of my hunters and gathers the rest made it to relative safety, or so I thought. Many moons past and we forgot the horrors of the beast attack, until one fateful moon. 3 of my dwarves had been bitten running from the beast a month prior, and now they themselves had turned. It was a blood bath unprepared for a beast within our own walls the were gekkos made short work of most of the dwarven occupants the few that remained were driven insane by their grief. How could they come so close only to fail? Slowly but surely they died one by one babbling nothings to themselves and wandering the once bustling halls of their city. Calptrips was no more.

    submitted by /u/HlfDrnknPrblyondrgs
    [link] [comments]

    Dwarf fortress for D&D world building

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 07:55 AM PDT

    I've been thinking of making a D&D world from scratch and it occurred to me that using dwarf fortress as a kickoff point on the answer would be awesome :-)

    submitted by /u/redstonebrain40
    [link] [comments]

    Crow Man (Kenku)

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 09:40 AM PDT

    I can relate

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 10:41 AM PDT

    The Mayor is locked with a child in the food storage room, continuously having meetings with... the child.

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 04:15 PM PDT

    So my forts obviously keep coming to terrible ends. Slowly getting better.

    My current one is under siege... but I managed to build out all by two of the invaders... those two invaders slaughtered my entire fortress... except for 4 dwarfs randomly safe across the map.

    Two hunters, got pushed into a river during the fighting, and some how got stuck on the other side, unable to get across... nor can the invading forces get across to them.

    by a stroke of Luck the Mayor was in a meeting... with himself, at the time this all went down and I had him build himself in his dorm... slowly managed to open up and close the way behind the invaders.

    I managed to get him and a infant to the food storage... where it grew into the child stage.

    I'm wondering if I can out last the siege, considering two of them are locked in with the food and drink, while the other two are left to forage on the other side of a river till help can arrive and build a bridge.

    Also what are the ramifications of a child being raised solely by a narcissistic coward of a dwarf mayor? One that is currently excessively day drinking, while scheduling meetings to issue mandates, while undead goblins loot the meeting hall?

    What even is this fucking game?

    submitted by /u/GaiusSorcery
    [link] [comments]

    I have soooo many questions about this migrant wave

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    Let them eat alligator!

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 08:11 AM PDT

    Let them eat alligator!

    And so it came to be, in the winter of 259, the fortress Togal Nadakmishos came under siege by the 40 strong goblin cavalry led by the dwarf Edem Dastber and human Smunstu Uraroslar, riding steeds of finely minced beak dog, and towing 10 trolls behind them. Rather than raising the drawbridge, a hastily constructed wall of 80 tame alligators was built inside the gates. As the goblins approached the alligators could smell their dinner coming and moved to take the first bite. The initial wave of goblins was safely stored for later consumption inside finely constructed cages, but then the two waves of green smashed into each other over the drawbridge. Under cover of alligator, 50 dwarves armed like steel Spartans (shield, helm and weapon), were sent to ensure that no goblins were left unharmed. After a short battle we regret the loss of 3 dwarves and around 25 alligators, but find in our larder some 15 beak dogs, 6 goblins and the dwarf and human who led the invasion. In honour of the dead we rename the drawbridge Thermopylae. Now, what to do with the captured dwarven traitor and human...

    Excuse me, you there, goblin redecorating squad, would you kindly repaint our walls in alligator blood? We'll provide the paint, but you'll need to open the can, if it lets you!

    submitted by /u/ryanbennitt
    [link] [comments]

    Tutorial Fortress Part 2- Getting Started E04 | Dwarf Fortress 2020

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 01:40 AM PDT

    Telears fabulous embark goes on! German DF-Stream with dwarf naming! [waterfall+volcano]

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 07:33 AM PDT

    Blubb Blubb everyone!

    At http://www.twitch.tv/GaryTheGammarid

    A lot of dwarfs are still without a viewer name. That has to change!

    Today we proceed in getting magma to make magma forges. Our military wants to raid some necromancers!

    Let's hope the undead will not walk all year :D

    submitted by /u/GaryTheGammarid
    [link] [comments]

    I pray that it will be ok tommorow

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    Crashes with Stonesense

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    I just downloaded the latest LNP starter set. It brings with it DF 0.47.04 and all the goodies.

    I'm using the Spacefox 16x graphics

    I've set up soundsense and install the sound packs. That's working great.

    I've got Dwarf Therapist loaded and that's working great.

    But then there's stonesense. No matter which graphics set or which print mode I use, it tries to load and then crashes DF. I've searched through the directories and I don't see an error log. This is a brand new world and yet it crashes every time

    My computer is an i7 quad core 3.41 Ghz w/16 gig of Ram. A 250 gig SSD for the C drive but DF is on my 1 TB D: drive. The video card is an RX480 so the rig should easily be able to handle the graphics.

    The only thing I can find online is from 2017 or earlier suggesting not to use the TWBT print mode with stonesense and to use STANDARD. I've tried every print mode and every one crashes.

    Any ideas on why this may be crashing or if there's an error log which might help us determine the real issue?

    submitted by /u/DruLeeParsec
    [link] [comments]

    Streaming Telear's Fabulous Embark :) Link to the VOD will be in the comments after we're done!

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 07:57 PM PDT

    No No No No No!!!!! found a web of a venomous spider that is X3 the size of dwarf!!!!!

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 02:07 PM PDT

    (Discussion) How do you prefer to set up your embark profile?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    For me this is a constantly developing thing, (ex; last embark I got killed pretty quickly by fully armored zombies, so now I embark a fighter in every game) but my embark preferences tend to look like this

    2 miners
    1 farmer/cooker/brewer
    1 doctor
    1 leader
    1 military
    1 woodcutter/carpenter/craftsdwarf

    submitted by /u/Anonymo_Stranger
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment