• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 28, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress Holy hell this game is dark sometimes

    Dwarf Fortress Holy hell this game is dark sometimes


    Holy hell this game is dark sometimes

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 05:14 AM PDT

    I made for my friend

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 10:01 AM PDT

    Legendary comedian

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 02:25 PM PDT

    Reclaiming Historic Ruins

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 09:03 AM PDT

    Reclaiming Historic Ruins

    I've finally decided to plunge into DF a couple of weeks ago. So far I've been keeping to the standard mode and experiencing with a couple of tilesets and all but that is it. This all changed today.

    My last fortress collapsed due to a sneaky werelamma outbreak (damn visitors) that eventually led to the death of 90 something dorfs. In the end, I dug deep into an aquifer and established a sealed mini colony many z-levels down to keep the remaining 10 werelamma dorfs away from the world and retired the fortress.

    After such a massive timesink endeavor failed I decided to try and reclaim a historical ruined fortress. I have to say I am totally surprised. It is something like 40/50 z-levels deep with no hostiles or any creatures at all barring typical cave lifeforms, plenty of metalsmiths' workshops, seven magma smelters, a heap of resources and weapons and several tie ins to massive fungi "forests". I had no idea your dorfs have to explore the ruins to reveal most of the place and I'm still waiting to see if I missed some fun-oriented event.

    Below a screenshot and an Armok Vision render of the "main level" many z-levels below ground. There are at least 2 more similar to it and 5 with sizeable cave ground and some divisions. Great stuff indeed!

    EDIT:

    Graphics are by Vettlingr - 32x32 tileset

    Many thanks to PeridexisErrant! This starter pack contains pretty much everything a newb could want. Before this, I rolled with Kruggsmash's (https://imgur.com/K24i6R9) tileset which is closer to vanilla but enhanced, in my opinion.

    https://preview.redd.it/nib5wade8o751.png?width=2560&format=png&auto=webp&s=02fb5b3266f1a8516f90591d93454fbb9149e8ad

    submitted by /u/Azorico
    [link] [comments]

    A second tutorial video! How to use pumps, pump stacks and mist generators

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 10:14 AM PDT

    there's a new DF Talk episode!

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 10:07 PM PDT

    DevLog 27 June 2020: "Suddenly, an episode of DF Talk appears!"

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 11:17 PM PDT

    A small sketch showing my love to a certain dwarf miner-expedition leader, you will always be our BOSS of the MINESHAFT. Too bad all was screwed up by goblins :/

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 06:56 PM PDT

    Tutorial Fortress Part 3 - Getting Started E05 | Dwarf Fortress 2020

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 07:04 AM PDT

    Satisfaction at Dead Goblins

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    I'm just getting back into DF again after a 5 year hiatus, and I'm getting hammered by stress. Now, from what I can tell, that's just a problem in this build, but I think part of the issue is that dorfs are not taking the satisfaction that they should from seeing the corpses of sub-dorf gobbos. It seems to me that the dead bodies of the enemies of their civilization should provide the opposite of horror...it should provide hope, a sense of accomplishment in the killing power of dorfdom, and a sense that the world is as it should be. I wouldn't go so far as to suggest that gobbo corpses should arouse them, but knowing that your fortress can take care of invasions surely seems a good sign that it might be a good place to raise a baby.

    How do I do this? How do I edit the RAWs in order to make seeing gobbo bodies remove stress and provide positive feelings?

    submitted by /u/mdtexeira
    [link] [comments]

    The Massacre of 259 and why I'm not accepting visitors into my fort again

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 11:47 AM PDT

    This is a really weird story and I still don't understand how it happened. It just happened a few hours ago I've decided to write about it. If anyone has any ideas tell me because I really had no idea what was happening. I didn't even know what was happening when it did. This is the second fort I have ever made. (My first fort I embarked in a random location with no minerals)

    A few in-game months before it happened I had just dug deep enough and found flux stone to create steel. I was doing normal things and digging out a new dining room for my dwarves. Then it reports to me that 3 of my dwarves have died. A farmer, a miner, and a beekeeper. Each of those dwarves was on different Y levels of my fort and were a good distance apart, though they all died for no reason without a few minutes of each other.

    I tried to check what happened to them in the logs to which I was surprised to read that literally every entity within my base was fighting. In the announcement log, it said visitors, pets, and a few dwarves were all fighting. But when I checked around my fort I didn't see anybody fighting each other. The 3 bodies were being hauled to coffins though I still don't know what killed them, it was only 3 dwarves out of my 200 so I didn't really think that much of it.

    I went back down into the mines and designated more rocks to be dug. Then I started getting reports that random pets were dying. I looked back up into my tavern and realized one of the visitors was enraged. There was blood everywhere but nobody had died yet. I sent my 6 dwarf military to kill the one visitor, but apparently that was a big mistake.

    I check back and nearly all of the visitors were enraged. Random humans, elves, and goblins were reported to be dead or fighting. My temple was also covered in people's blood. Half of my military was killing random visitors while the other half was in random parts of the fortress. More time goes by I realize random dwarves in random places around my fortress were being killed.

    I didn't know what was happening so I tried to wait it out. My 11 miners were still mining and my 3 carpenters were above ground making furniture. All that really matters? The Count of my fortress was still alive too. When checking my population I saw 100 visitors and dwarves died out of 200. My 3 military squads the fortress guard, marksdwarves, and miner militia were not following my orders. Much of my soldiers are already dead from reasons unknown.

    Now here I am there is dozens of dead bodies all over the fort. Dwarves are still fighting in random places and I don't know why. I only have 24 coffins available. I assume it all started from that one enraged visitor who died, but I don't know.

    A few in-game days before it all happened a zombie deer showed up and killed a human visitor. I killed the deer but the human was dead. That might have been what set this in motion, or it might have nothing to do with it. I still don't know what killed those original 3 dwarves nor do I know why my fortress is fighting itself. There are so many dead bodies everywhere I don't know what to do with them. My 1 mason probably died so I won't be making coffins anytime soon. Much of the corpses are not dwarves so I don't think they will haunt me if I don't bury them? Either way, I'm not letting there be 70 visitors in my fortress ever again. Maybe a maximum of 10 or something if any. Any ideas of what to do now? Some people are still fighting but it doesn't even show up in the justice board.

    submitted by /u/proNoscoper420
    [link] [comments]

    Why you need dwarven justice... (get rid of crazies without micro-management)

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 05:21 PM PDT

    animal abuse? More like shield training!

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 03:20 PM PDT

    one of my spear dwarf monster hunters was taking an unusually long time killing a cave toad. After looking at the combat logs, I noticed that he was literally just beating the toad on the head with her (bronze shield), knocking it out over and over, essentially dooming the toad to eternal torment. The entire time, my weaver was trying to get a drink but kept getting interrupted when he repeatedly pathed through the cavetoad. Eventually, a hammer dwarf monster hunter put the toad out of it's misery. In the end, the spear dwarf spent 24 PAGES of the report log just bashing the toad.

    submitted by /u/Jammer_Hammer_Games
    [link] [comments]

    Can we have a relaxed mode?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 02:10 PM PDT

    I suspect my opinion won't be popular. Please read before you downvote me to the magma sea.

    I am a solid gamer for this sort of thing. I've played DF a bit and lost my share of forts. I've played Factorio a ton, including various death worlds (hard mode). Factorio death world is a lot like DF, in that you need to prepare for a lot of things pretty quick and be ready. And sometimes that is fun, but sometimes I want something a bit more relaxed. I haven't played DF recently because I am mostly looking for something to relax a litte, not crush my spirit.

    So what I want is a little easier mode where it isn't quite so easy to tantrum spiral and fun. I'm not sure what exactly that would entail but maybe a bit more resilient dwarfs. Maybe no invasions. Of course lava fun, tree falls, sudden water slides should still be in, wouldn't want to miss all the fun.

    Sometimes I just want to chill out and have a nice plump helmet wine with my manager as we work out the orders and optimize the bed en-jeweling.

    submitted by /u/fireduck
    [link] [comments]

    A new butcher

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    Lately my old legendary butcher has died of old age,.Such a shame but catsplosion has to be contained, so a new one been appointed. After some time the guy has become experienced enough to become a Butcher as a profession, with a fitting announcement.

    Believe it or not, but it said that Catten has became a butcher. How fitting.

    submitted by /u/EbergarTheDwarf
    [link] [comments]

    My first titan

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    I just killed the first titan that has come to my fortress, it was some kind of fire breathing dragon that burned the forest were is my fortress so I had to kill him, 12 dwarves or so died.

    submitted by /u/TheNecromancer5
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment