• Breaking News

    Friday, June 26, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    ☼Fortress Friday☼

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    Our weekly thread for posting interesting events without cluttering up /r/dwarffortress. Screenshots, stories, details, achievements, or other posts are all welcome here! (That includes adventure and legends mode, even if there's no fortress involved.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Training pups to be warhounds

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 09:03 PM PDT

    I generated a world with 2% of the normal rain, and ~X20 rain variance between different areas, the world has only 1 river and after 500 years only 9 humans and 20 dwarves are alive, I'm gonna try to survive where many others failed

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 08:51 AM PDT

    *Record scratch* *Freeze frame* "Yup, that's me, you're probably wondering how I got in this situation."

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 10:45 AM PDT

    The amount of scheming visitors is absurd, but on the bright side I found the perfect hammerer to deal with them

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 03:27 AM PDT

    I just started playing Dwarf Fortress and decided to draw my first expedition leader! May Oboktögum become a grand fortress for dwarven kind and hopefully, I will have some FUN!

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    ah good, a dancer has come to preform at my tavern. oh, she's human.....and a zombie.....and only has one leg...

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 07:41 AM PDT

    The Giant Massacre

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 09:09 AM PDT

    This is a Story about my second fortress and now I love Dwarf fortress. I am having a lot of FUN.

    My fortress is small. Home to 80 dwarves most of them are just civilians with little to no training. Had some failed strange mood here and there. But it was peaceful. There was a Human which is an experienced hammerman, Rodoh. She asked for citizenship in my fort and I was like "cool, I can have a Human in my fort". Even though she is a Human, she has the second highest skill in military than any other dwarf. (She has the most tsundere personality I've read in Dwarf fortress btw). Then the most unexpected thing has happened. A Giant Came into my area. It had a good number of kills and it has a Silver Hammer. I was scared of it so I ordered my dwarves to close the gate. When The Giant was near the Entrance two dumb gloryhound dwarves goes out of the fortress right before the gate was closed shut. They were killed obviously. That is about 1/5 of my force. And worst yet, one of them is the Military commander and the highest skilled soldier i had. I was disappointed in him but was quickly replaced with Rodoh, my human hammerman. She then trains my dwarves in the art of Hammering. They only went up from Dabbling to adequate hammerdwarves in 6 months. The giant is still rampaging around my Fort killing Bards and Poets. Until he settled down across the river under a tree. He is just standing there as if he is waiting for me to open my gates again. I am inspired to make an art about it (still not finished though). It tells me that the Giant is never gonna leave my area. So I decided to send out my adequate and UNARMORED army towards the Giant in hopes that it gets killed and none of my other dwarves die (fingers crossed).

    One Dwarf went ahead of the group and fought the giant. The dwarf smashes with his hammer but was too weak the giant Didn't feel his weak attack. The Giant then swings his Hammer and smashed the legs of the dwarf making him fall into the ground. The Giant slams the hammer on the poor dwarf's Arm Mangling it. But... There on that Day, one Dwarf Warrior Entered the fray. Saving the day. BY STUBBING THE GIANT'S TOE WITH HIS HAMMER.

    The Giant FALLS OVER IN PAIN. Then THE WHOLE CREW CAME AND PUMMELED THE LIVING HELL OUT OF THIS GIANT. Teeth are Flying everywhere. The dwarves kept on hitting his stomach making him Vomit all over himself. Fractures Everywhere. The Giant grabbed on of my dwarves but he kept losing his grip on them because they kept on smashing his hand with hammers. Rodoh sat there watching as The Giant turns into a living Pinata. His ribs fracture making him struggle to breath. He is puking everywhere. His arms and legs are being Pummeled into a pulp. Strangely the dwarves didn't try to hit him in the head. I only see 2 or 3 head bonks. One dwarf tried to pull his teeth out for no damn reason. And Rodoh, My human, feels happy, she must have trained her dwarves to be Cold Hearted Whack a mole hammerers. After 39 Freaking Pages of My dwarves Hammering their pinata The Giant dies with its Bone, and teeth scattered everywhere. Leaving me with me 1 Crippled Dwarf and 1 satisfied Human Hammerer. I was Happy that the giant died but I was disappointed that the giant Didn't put up an epic Fight.

    Lesson learned. Overestimate your opponents because you might turn them into a corpse that imitates a Lovecraftian horror.

    submitted by /u/FredChickenthegreat
    [link] [comments]

    Defeat is also a part of a journey.

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 12:39 PM PDT

    Defeat is also a part of a journey.

    Yeah, it's me. The newb guy with the fort in the pit. It's actually called Hamlet Therethinleth "Snakecities". Never paid attention to the name.

    Anyway. I did what you guys told me, I made a moat and a drawbridge. By the way, thanks a lot for a TON of support to a new player. Keep being so friendly, DF community!

    So, WEREMOOSE came as legends promised. And... I didn't raised the bridge in time. I lost a lot... Let's just say that I was frustrated almost to the point of leaving the game. But I persevered and actually had pretty chill play session after the attack.

    I'm burying the deaceased in the mines, where all the dwarves feel like at home...

    submitted by /u/WiseBlizzard
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks so much for existing.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 11:33 PM PDT

    I work in politics and I get so depressed when people dont do work they pledge to. I am so happy I have the dwarves who all work together towards a common task. Without them I'd be so much more depressed.

    submitted by /u/Few-Weekend-5552
    [link] [comments]

    Here's the last of my tutorials for the playlist of things that you'll probably need to know for the first year in your fortress. I look at simple ways to manage labour and the important things to look for when deciding which dwarf to give the nasty jobs to.

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 02:29 AM PDT

    The Earth has been struck, winter comes but what else? | Dwarf Fortress - Sandy-Clay-Loamglared Playthrough

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    Show off your ugly forts

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 08:58 PM PDT

    It seems like whenever a fort design or pic is posted it's always this intricately designed work of art, or some paragon of symmetric efficiency.

    I want to see the opposite. I want to see forts that were dug with little planning and things just grew organically.

    submitted by /u/illithoid
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Input and Youtubers for a Succession Style Let's Play

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 08:52 AM PDT

    Hey Urists,

    I and Listless Onion(another Youtuber) were talking about doing a series where different people play for an in game year and then pass the save. Its basically Boatmurdered but with video documentation instead of the writing.

    So far we have discussed doing it over a volcano, with Goblins and Elves nearby. Each person should add their own "chamber" to the civilizations temple. I am interested in getting this to chain as much as possible, so please feel free to share this with your favorite youtubers.

    What are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Orange01gaming
    [link] [comments]

    I'm at war with a goblin hamlet ecomically linked to me.

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 12:02 AM PDT

    I have no idea how this is supposed to work.

    submitted by /u/NZSloth
    [link] [comments]

    On tilesets.

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 02:37 AM PDT

    wich one do you use ?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Gwakkerboybaggot
    [link] [comments]

    My Metropolis! "Rimtaratem" Castlerat! year 3(?)

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 08:53 PM PDT

    Tutorial Fortress Start - Getting Started E03 | Dwarf Fortress 2020

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 01:16 PM PDT

    Any !FUN! suggestions for adventure mode?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 07:44 PM PDT

    So im a really fan of adventurer mode, but after becoming a vampire necromancer several times, pillaging villages, creating big wooden forts, killing titans/dragons/ect, visiting Vaults and enslaving demons i just cant help myself to not become bored of it. Right now im generating a 1000000 years pocked world and will be browsing legends and exploring it, and if there is something interesting i will share it there, but im pretty sure that world will be really empty because of the amount of semimegabeast(too deep into generation to change it) and the only thing that would be interesting is to find some artifacts and interact with ancient beings,that will not make a lot of fun. So im asking for an advise-what cool wordgen params/meta tasks/ect. Can i do to add some fun and improve my experience?

    submitted by /u/Rithodano
    [link] [comments]

    A Brand new Twitch Playthrough, with the aptly name Sandy-Clay-Loamglared

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment