• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 4, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress (chuckles) I'm in danger.

    Dwarf Fortress (chuckles) I'm in danger.


    (chuckles) I'm in danger.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 07:59 PM PDT

    Creeks and Rivers Images Released (Steam Edition)

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 10:53 AM PDT

    We have Legendary Adamantine Weapons, Legendary Divine Metal Weapons, but the real Weapons were the corpses we made along the way... weighing a massive 11000 Urists, now that is a Legendary Misc. Object.

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 08:38 AM PDT

    Kruggsmash: Scorchfountain: Contemplations on the Horn Beetle

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 03:08 AM PDT

    So I tried channeling the river near my fort. For fun mostly. Lost at least three miners in end and had to dislodge a body from its watery tomb via channeling to the caverns.

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 05:46 AM PDT

    My fortress banner! By my Friend cooler!

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:44 PM PDT

    Dealing with fortress scaling

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 09:54 AM PDT

    Hello all.

    How do you deal with the problem of fortress scaling? One problem that I have had in the past is that the small starter fortress that I make later gets in the way of a larger fortress that is more efficient for more dwarves that I build later.
    Do you build a "disposable" fort to start with? Do you command it all to be mined out and then re-walled? Do you build in a way that allows you to repurpose your rooms?
    I'd love to hear the different ways you solve this problem

    submitted by /u/bikeandrunforever
    [link] [comments]

    Steam Community Update 4 June 2020: "Noble-drowning facilities (AKA water)"

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 12:42 PM PDT

    Small Play Area with Black Border

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    Hello, I've recently developed an interest into Dwarf Fortress after hearing about it and started playing but noticed that as soon as I start a new fortress, the area of land I start on has a quite small area. I can scroll the camera North and South slightly until it reaches its limit but I can't even move the camera at all East or West. When using K to look it doesn't move the cursor or camera beyond these limits and I was wondering what could possibly cause this issue? It appears that the edge of the map East and West has a black limit and cannot allow me to view the map any further even upon zooming out with the scroll wheel or changing Z levels.

    If I'm to develop a fortress, to be limited to such a small section of the map wouldn't work after a while with expansion and I was wondering if there was a fix for this since from what I have seen its not happening to others on playthroughs. I looked into it slightly and it said about using numlock but I tried that and it still didn't allow me to scroll any further with either the numpad or arrow keys.

    Would I need to set the CPU as the primary Graphics Processing unit at all or possibly rework something in one of the folders? I'm using an Intel 7700K and a Nvidia GTX 1050ti, an Aorus Master motherboard and 16GB of DDR4 RAM if the specs are needed at all for a possible fix.

    submitted by /u/Teedeous
    [link] [comments]

    Just a reminder the Windows PeridexisErrant Starter Pack is mirrored at df.wicked-code.com, during these trying times of Bay12's hosting transition.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    I was hoping for a sword or breastplate, but at least someone is gonna have a nice coffin when they die

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    This could be an episode of the Maury Show

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    Am I the only one who likes the current interface?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 03:07 PM PDT

    I mean, sure, it's hard to get into if you're not used to that kind of thing, but honestly, I think the current interface has a sort of precision and cleanliness that you just can't achieve with a mouse for this kind of game.

    I honestly prefer it over a mouse, a mouse just doesn't feel right to me.

    And yet, people complain, which I just don't get.

    submitted by /u/booleanfreud
    [link] [comments]

    Man Uses World’s Most Difficult Computer Game to Create … A Working Turing Machine

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 07:22 PM PDT

    half done features and confused?? slight rant XD

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    So i get this is the first half of the villains update? it's kind of annoying that the devs seem to half done things the stress is broken and just out right sucks and ruins any fort after some time "fun" and now my artifacts get stolen... NOW i actually enjoy that i like the whole system and letting the captain of the guard find out whats going on BUT...

    I have a guy in my jail who STILL has one of my artifacts ... and i assume there is no way to get it off them other than to kill them... whats the point in having a jail if i just have to kill them in the end to get my dam artifact back or let it leave the map... where is the fun in that.. I convicted the guy so why ... whyyy is the artifact not being removed from him.. it's so annoying and ruins any fun from the whole point of the update as i either have to kill them or let them go... it really does kill any fun with the whole feature.

    submitted by /u/evillittlestew
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment