• Breaking News

    Friday, June 5, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    ☼Fortress Friday☼

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    Our weekly thread for posting interesting events without cluttering up /r/dwarffortress. Screenshots, stories, details, achievements, or other posts are all welcome here! (That includes adventure and legends mode, even if there's no fortress involved.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Adventure Mode is amazing!

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 02:29 AM PDT

    Adventure Mode is amazing!

    I went in blind. Created a Miner Dwarf peasant.

    My wife picked out my religion, and so I ardently worship Thetrus, the goddess of Rainbows.

    The society I live in appears to be run by some sort of Goblin torture cult.

    I just. I don't even know where to start:

    https://preview.redd.it/um777v7y82351.jpg?width=1030&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=4801774e4b841f344c9657510aec02fd2927d816

    submitted by /u/0versalt
    [link] [comments]

    I'm working on an AI that can generate a mostly optimal fort design

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    My mayor had a peculiar demand

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 12:23 PM PDT

    Well that escalated quickly.

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 02:20 AM PDT

    Units of Dwarf Fortress

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    I think this is better for the Bay12 Forums, but I want to find what units of measurement DF uses. I know of [SIZE:] (cm3), Temp (Urists, equal to 102 degrees Fahrenheit per 1 U), Weight (Again Urists, equal to kilograms), but I'm not sure of contact area (square centimeters?) and penetration size (cm3?) for weapon attacks, SHOOT_FORCE (foot lbs or Newtons) and SHOOT_MAXVEL (cm3/s?) for ranged weapons, and the many *_STRAIN_AT_YIELD tokens in the raw (foot lbs or Newtons again?)

    I remaking my civ mod into a more refined version. I'm using civs from 15th-century onwards and demographics from the 21st century with 15th-century tech rather than taking them from the civ games.

    submitted by /u/SchoolFellow
    [link] [comments]

    Execution by vampire

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 04:39 PM PDT

    DF Stream today with a special embark! Dwarfs will be named after ppl in chat! [GermanStream]

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 12:19 AM PDT

    DF Stream today with a special embark! Dwarfs will be named after ppl in chat! [GermanStream]

    Hello everyone!

    I will stream today on https://www.twitch.tv/GaryTheGammarid with a very special embark. It will be a waterfall and volcano embark with dangerous surroundings!

    The stream will start around 18:00 utc+1. Unfortunately for most of you I will stream in german, but if you want to have a look I would still appreciate it :)

    Of course I will name dwarfs after people in chat!

    FYI: The embark is from a set of worlds that were generated using a script by user Telear from SalfordSals Discord.

    Volcano and waterfall embark, today!

    submitted by /u/GaryTheGammarid
    [link] [comments]

    I am a trifle disappointed with this outcome...

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 05:33 PM PDT

    College of Dwarfology - Chapter 8 (Light and Heavy Aquifers)

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 03:31 PM PDT

    In this chapter, I took a surface level pass at the new Light aquifers. There are some in our fold that have sworn off aquifers and I thought we'd ease them back in.

    This chapter can be found at:

    https://youtu.be/prIgZETQLqg

    and the main dwarfology thread can be found at:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/ely84n/college_of_dwarfology/

    My School semester has ended so I'm starting to switch over into production mode again. Expect more in the coming weeks and for my quality to pick back up as well.

    I may see some of you in the Q and A threads as well, If enough people seem to be stumped by a question I may just tackle it in a College of Dwarfology video so make sure to ask questions if you are stumped by something.

    submitted by /u/RNGstrategist
    [link] [comments]

    Bad decision for a first year, no military fortress.

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 02:46 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment