• Breaking News

    Monday, June 15, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 05:10 PM PDT

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    After 8 years of playing, my first ever contribution to the DF community! A quickly thrown together guide on setting up a military

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 07:21 AM PDT

    Cursed Hospital

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 05:47 PM PDT

    The First Battle of the Geshud's Bridge, ended fatally

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 11:11 AM PDT

    What's your dream update

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 05:12 AM PDT

    Ignoring how hard it would be to add to the game, what would your dream update look like? Personally I'd like for more ways to explore and interact with the world outside the embark site in fortress mode. I start feeling isolated when I have to wait for things to come to me so I wanna be able to initiate interactions like diplomacy and trade with other civilizations and visually see them without having to go into adventure mode.

    submitted by /u/Kurosakiikun
    [link] [comments]

    Just a friendly reminder ��

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 02:22 PM PDT

    If you fell trees, don't forget to check if, for example, your underground farm is right below. If you cut the tree, you'll end up with a hole in the ground and leeds enemy sieges right into your fort.

    submitted by /u/Benerad
    [link] [comments]

    Making Losing Interesting

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 09:25 AM PDT

    Because of how complicated and complex the game is, the biggest thing I take away from a failed fort is a great story. I don't always learn my lesson, like how I shouldn't put the lever for my drawbridge on the wrong side, or how building my blood-filled hospital next to my dormitory only causes everyone to be a little... tense. My most recent fort failed because a group of craftsdwarfs decided to work on weapon masterpieces and decided to try the weapons out on the goblins in the tavern, causing a war I could not win. I tell my friends about it, they don't always want to play the game based on my failures, but the stories I have from the game will both haunt and entertain me for a long time. I am a pesky gamer who does not enjoy losing, but once I stop being upset about losing, I'm already into DF again and making new stories of outrageous events.

    submitted by /u/adoredpopcorn
    [link] [comments]

    Live with Dwarf Fortress playing Telear's Fabulous Embark! Tonight's goal is to pipe the magma from the volcano to our base

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 12:23 PM PDT

    I'm glad this isn't my problem.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    The best time to deliver a compliment

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 06:49 PM PDT

    An idea about military rations.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    With squads having the issue of starting to suffer from thirst and hunger if having to be in militia mode too long how about adding the ability to give them rations in backpacks, satchels, etc. that contains some water and food to extend their ability to stay in militia mode?

    Maybe some tea or coffee-like stimulant too to extend their ability to stay awake? Could help the issue of stuff like the friggin commander falling asleep right before engaging the enemy and getting pummeled.

    submitted by /u/elixxon
    [link] [comments]

    Lazy Newb Pack Download

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 11:52 AM PDT

    Hey there,

    Its been a while since I've played DF but I'd love to get back into it. For some reason all the links I'm finding for the LNP are dead. Is something going on? If not could someone send a live link my way?

    submitted by /u/polr13
    [link] [comments]

    Was browsing legends mode, and found this...

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 09:58 PM PDT

    So a fight in the tavern got a little out of hand.... 10 years of SMOOTH sailing...

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 09:43 PM PDT

    i guess i'm running an animal spa then

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 05:06 PM PDT

    Back With The Raiding Fortress we must wipe out the goblin scum

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 05:30 AM PDT

    Dwarf Fortress Roundtable Podcast has released Ep. 32: In Which a Goose Is Convicted And Alexei Stops By to Talk About Roguelike Celebration

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 09:32 PM PDT

    I want to develop, will people need a museum tool (question mark)

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 03:11 PM PDT

    I thought about making a museum tool tool that lets you browse and read about all the art that was created in your world and you could sort by artist or by location or by type and stuff, it would take me billions of years, do people need it or I'm the only one who wants it?

    It seems like it would be the easiest thing to program EVER, just a lot of drudgery

    submitted by /u/orenog
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment