• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 14, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress Just a reminder the Windows PeridexisErrant Starter Pack is mirrored at df.wicked-code.com, during these trying times of Bay12's hosting transition.

    Dwarf Fortress Just a reminder the Windows PeridexisErrant Starter Pack is mirrored at df.wicked-code.com, during these trying times of Bay12's hosting transition.


    Just a reminder the Windows PeridexisErrant Starter Pack is mirrored at df.wicked-code.com, during these trying times of Bay12's hosting transition.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    It's the big struggles in life that define who we are

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 10:28 PM PDT

    Found a dead, drained body in the bedroom. Then this happened.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 04:15 AM PDT

    My first gobo siege after about two in-game years and my first fort that did not starve or die from thirst

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 04:59 AM PDT

    This is my first fort that did not starve or die from thirst, in truth is this a hard and very satisfying game.

    So here is my question, I survived my first ever siege by goblins and my two military squads were slaughtered but we survived as a fort. How do I turn my fort back around, my inhabitants are demoralize, dramatized, they are going insane, going berserk , they are dieing and I cannot seem to figure out why. The workers stop working because of depression from the siege.

    I do have food, beer, but I do not know how to restart my fort.

    submitted by /u/brodriguezz88
    [link] [comments]

    Fixing Soundsense! Part 2 of my german DF Tutorial series!

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 08:05 AM PDT

    Typical DF shennaniganery

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 03:30 AM PDT

    I have only really played DF for 5-6 hours or so, and still don't know half the mechanics. Having not played for about half a year, I boot it up again and generate a new world. An hour passes. I notice the text at the bottom "movement keys to look around". I want to move left, so as a hella gamer press the a button.

    I am now at year 172 of a new world gen, I have finished 2 cup noodles.

    submitted by /u/pedanticPixelmancer
    [link] [comments]

    The more I read the Steam forum, the more I am concerned about the kind of players it will bring

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    I hesitate to use the term 'elitist', but the DF community (both Reddit & Bay12) is by and large, very chill. Enjoying this game requires a very particular mindset, and I just don't see that kind of understanding from Steam players who are expecting that a new coat of paint will make DF more forgiving. Nor the other end of that spectrum; those who expect a grand epic quest, then realize that for the most part, you have to make your own fun / stories. I know we have a long ways to go yet before Steam release, but I am concerned none the less.

    submitted by /u/Immortal-D
    [link] [comments]

    At Age 132 Xuspgas the dwarf queen became immortal, and can now focus on her true dream: Ruling the entire planet!

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 06:26 PM PDT

    I'm terrified but also highly amused

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 11:29 AM PDT

    LNP can't launch df on Manjaro

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 11:28 AM PDT

    Hey folks, some months ago I was already playing df and everything went well. Now I wanted to play again and downloaded the latest pack from McArcady1.

    I can start LNP just fine (although some textboxes have really light gray text thats hard to read(see here). Also LNP asks me every time I start it, if I want to import user content. DF also works totally fine if i start it manually. Starting dfhack manually works fine too. But I can't start it using LNP.

    I had the issue with the light gray text before which went away after installing python3-tk if I remember right. But the issue came back. I tried reinstalling tk but no change. sdl_ttf is installed too.

    Edit: I get the same error no matter if I set the Terminal to konsole or xterm

    Edit2: Nevermind, I was blind and typed "xterm" in the custom command field. i should have selected it above which program to use to start DFHack. It works now, but LNP still has the very light gray text.. if someone knows a solution, let me know!

    This is the error log from a fresh DF install:

    Running PyLNP 0.13b (OS: linux, Compiled: False) WARNING: Unknown option: PRIESTHOOD_UNIT_COUNTS WARNING: Unknown option: TEMPLE_VALUE_LEVELS WARNING: Unknown option: GUILD_UNIT_COUNTS WARNING: Unknown option: GUILDHALL_VALUE_LEVELS WARNING: Could not determine installed graphics, tileset is curses_640x300.png/curses_square_16x16.png Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/USERNAME/Desktop/Dwarf Fortress/df_0_47_04/core/launcher.py", line 91, in run_program run_args = terminal.get_terminal_command([path,]) File "/home/USERNAME/Desktop/Dwarf Fortress/df_0_47_04/core/terminal.py", line 25, in get_terminal_command term = get_configured_terminal().get_command_line() File "/home/USERNAME/Desktop/Dwarf Fortress/df_0_47_04/core/terminal.py", line 122, in get_command_line s = subprocess.check_output( File "/usr/lib/python3.8/subprocess.py", line 411, in check_output return run(*popenargs, stdout=PIPE, timeout=timeout, check=True, File "/usr/lib/python3.8/subprocess.py", line 489, in run with Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as process: File "/usr/lib/python3.8/subprocess.py", line 854, in __init__ self._execute_child(args, executable, preexec_fn, close_fds, File "/usr/lib/python3.8/subprocess.py", line 1702, in _execute_child raise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg, err_filename) FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'kreadconfig' ERROR: Could not launch ./df_47_04_linux/dfhack Exception in Tkinter callback Traceback (most recent call last): File "./tkgui/tkgui.py", line 542, in run_df launcher.run_df() File "/home/USERNAME/Desktop/Dwarf Fortress/df_0_47_04/core/launcher.py", line 55, in run_df raise Exception('Failed to run Dwarf Fortress.') Exception: Failed to run Dwarf Fortress. During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3.8/tkinter/__init__.py", line 1883, in __call__ return self.func(*args) File "./tkgui/tkgui.py", line 547, in run_df message=exc_info[1].message) AttributeError: 'Exception' object has no attribute 'message' 
    submitted by /u/BC337
    [link] [comments]

    Where to go now?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 09:32 PM PDT

    So I've watched a lot of YouTube videos and enjoy the "high level" DF play. I decided about a week ago to give it a try. I've been playing a ton!

    Finally got a fort up and running that has been pretty stable with a healthy 100+ dwarfs and a ton of entertainers and human visitors. I'm slowly adding new things like beekeeping and finally caring about the 150+ tame animals.

    The tricky thing is the management at around 15 dwarfs was easy enough to control. At this point I need to learn a lot of the deeper systems to run my fortress. For now I'm enjoying just pushing a little further.

    I feel like I'm losing steam with it though, not sure what to do next. At this point it's a lot of waiting around for my dwarfs to stop socializing and praying (to be happy) and get to work. Materials all over, needing to build larger projects take forever and sucks all my dwarves from other tasks, etc.

    I'm at a crossroads: to get more out of the game would take a lot more time, patience, and effort which I don't know if I have. Any tips for pushing through, or should I just call it a fun experiment and go back to watching YouTube?

    submitted by /u/oSeabass
    [link] [comments]

    I can't download anything

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 04:00 AM PDT

    I can't download anything

    Does anyone know how to fix this I can't download anything not even the " PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack"

    https://preview.redd.it/i3r20br6wu451.png?width=1600&format=png&auto=webp&s=9494488a48400ecb3465918963aadc45fb4ffccc

    submitted by /u/tuttyfruti
    [link] [comments]

    Beardless Male Dwarves

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 01:10 PM PDT

    I've noticed that in my new fortress, a large number of my male dwarves are beardless.

    At first when I saw only one or two I assumed that they had come from a human or elven civ, but it seems that a lot of the dwarves from my own civ lack beards.

    Has anyone else seen this in their fortresses? I've played for years and I don't think I've ever noticed male dwarves without beards.

    Here's a pic of one of their descriptions.

    submitted by /u/justaguy3
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment