• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 18, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress Mirrorwisp The Deep Web

    Dwarf Fortress Mirrorwisp The Deep Web


    Mirrorwisp The Deep Web

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 08:10 AM PST

    Shout-out to Kruggsmash

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 02:59 PM PST

    I would like to give a major shout-out to Kruggsmash.

    I just finished his splatterface series and I have to say he has been consistently producing some of the best dwarf fortress content I have seen.

    For the better part of a year I have been watching every one of his videos as they come out, and it has been one of the highlights of my week every time.

    The insane amount of work that goes into those videos, as well as the consistently high quality narratives, not to mention the tens of beautiful drawings he makes for every single video every week is insane. It really makes the game come to life. It's hilarious, detailed, and heartfelt every single time.

    He is one of the best adventure mode players I have seen, and my skill level could never be near his. I usually die pretty quick, but he finds the time not only to survive, but paint a picture and tell a story. And a great one at that. It's incredible.

    His videos have inspired me to get good at the game and keep coming back to try a new fortress.

    I usually never take the time to get to know my dwarves because I'm so busy micromanaging my own stupid plans, but he does, and it just goes to show how much more rewarding the game is if you engage with it on that deeper level.

    Truly a legendary member of this awesome community.

    I really felt the need to say this, and I hope you guys feel the same.

    So thank you, you bearded bastard!

    submitted by /u/weigert
    [link] [comments]

    Opinion poll about graphic.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 09:03 AM PST

    Figuratively, lets throw dynamite in our methane swamp.
    Literally, lets make a poll.

    Album with 5 presentation pictures

    Humans || Dwarves

    Some pics

    Forum thread with much more pictures

    Even more

    People. As a ordinary player, I would be interested to know opinions of other players about the following questions:

    • 1) What are you think about official tileset from an aesthetic point of view?
    • 2) Do you like the overall style?
    • 3) What are you like\don't like in style by categories - npc, items? Please, without conversation of architectural style - ramps and walls, I think these will kill this thread ahead of time.
    • 4) Don't you have to strain your eyes to look at the screen comfortably?
    • 5) Do you think that this drawing style is complicated or simple?
    • 6.1) In your opinion, will there be artists-imitators for this tileset?
    • 6.2) Will large user mods be made for official tileset, such as adding new races or packs with new war equipment with full graphic support?
    • 7) Does the release of an official graphic tileset mean the inevitable natural oblivion of other graphic tilesets? This question not about ASCII-like tilesets.

    Try to answer from your own point of view, without any references to authoritative persons from community.
    Yes, I understand that questions about graphic is too early, but anyway.

    submitted by /u/Vordak_Chief
    [link] [comments]

    BF - Missive from the Mountainhome

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 02:26 PM PST

    Supposedly dead dwarf is now a spy

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 02:43 AM PST

    Hello! Finally diving in.

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 09:59 PM PST

    Downloaded the game maybe two days ago & I'm excited to finally start. Spent a lot of today & most of last night watching tutorials, & I'm finally diving in. Decided to join the subreddit community while I'm at it!

    My 'fortress' is already full of blunders from not properly using commands & I'm happy to be here haha

    submitted by /u/Anonymo_Stranger
    [link] [comments]

    Phantom limb production

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 11:39 AM PST

    A drunk dwarf and I came back from and reckless infiltration into necromancers' territory and unluckily the drunk dwarf lost his right foot fighting against a zombie. I brought the journey up with him in the first tavern we saw. Mistically, when I came back to the tavern to say hi little drunk! I saw he is now producing shocks and shoes. It has happened to other characters in the past. I thought it was a feature of the game but now I think it is a bug

    submitted by /u/Percennio
    [link] [comments]

    "Who's this author I'm his biggest fan?!" "OH we threw him in the trash compactor awhile ago"

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 11:04 AM PST

    College of Dwarfology Part 2

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 02:06 PM PST

    Hello everyone! I have published the second part of my college of Dwarfology series.

    In this new chapter I go a bit long, but i cover how with 6 dwarves and a river, you can sustain an entire base of up to 120 dwarves. This includes Food, Booze, Clothes, and crafts for Trading.

    The video touches on the topics of Construction indestructibility, Z-level Immunity, and Dwarven Beard Magic.

    THIS IS NOT AN END GAME SOLUTION. This is merely a solid footing with which to expand your dwarfiest base concepts.

    The link to the video is:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnr9N_yhMPs

    but more importantly the link to the College of Dwarfology panel is:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/ely84n/college_of_dwarfology/

    Im making a presense in the Q and A threads but stop by the Dwarfology thread and submit an idea you would like to see a video of, if you are a visual learner.

    submitted by /u/RNGstrategist
    [link] [comments]

    dfhack request: automatic job un-suspender (mainly for double slit method)

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 03:13 PM PST

    The big pain point of breaching an aquifer with double slit method is dealing with cancellations: wait for an urist to appear on screen, q, s, Esc, rinse, repeat. Sometimes you're mistaken and the job wasn't suspended. Sometimes the stairs is flooded, so it's suspended, but no dorfs on screen. Until you finish, you can't manage much else in the fortress.

    What if there was a script that just un-suspends freshly suspended construction jobs every couple of ticks? An advanced version could maybe take a designation and only limit itself to there.

    I think that could revolutionize the double slit, but have no clue how to write this. Has this been discussed? Are there existing ways to remove the pain? How would one go about implementing it?

    submitted by /u/PlenitudoPotestatis
    [link] [comments]

    The Ultimate Fortress

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 05:40 PM PST

    Zaterith, Stabthroat.

    Its symbol that of a dwarf stabbing an indeterminable figure's throat.

    A fallen Fortress, lasting since the birth of its realm, Cheramyl.

    ...alright, enough mysterious speaking. I've got a big plan here, lads. A big plan. I'm doing an event in a DnD server I mod and want the biggest, craziest, most insane, Dwarfiest Fortress I can get. Anything within the realm of possibilities of Dwarves is allowed. I'm not closing the thread unless a mod does or the event starts.

    Nothing is off-limits. Give me your wildest ideas. I'm looking for the design of the fortress itself, from the very start of the entrance to the last room you can enter, which will be the throne room. Traps, hallways leading nowhere, secret rooms, vampires stuck in walls, whatever you want.

    Go nuts.

    Edit: Apparently I wasn't clear when typing what I said, even just five comments in. This is going to design an abandoned fortress that has existed since the birth of its realm, Cheramyl. Try to keep that in mind, but don't be afraid to go nuts like I said.

    submitted by /u/Danisiwa
    [link] [comments]

    just nice bath while fishing

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 03:47 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment