• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 9, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress Got a new hen for my egg industry

    Dwarf Fortress Got a new hen for my egg industry


    Got a new hen for my egg industry

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 07:54 AM PST

    My First Artifact :D

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 01:23 PM PST

    dwarf fortress- why I keep downloading the game despite never actually playing

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 05:21 PM PST

    I will be honest. I've never actually TRUELY played dwarf fortress, oh sure, ill wander around a bit in adventure mode, or load in a world and look around at the tiles and such, but I never manage to get much further than that, it's daunting, and I can't seem to grasp anything the quick guide says.

    but this post isn't about that (Trust me, I've tried), No it's about what keeps me downloading this game, and actively "playing" it. my favorite past time in dwarf fortress is going and generating worlds, saving them, and loading them up into legends viewer. i love reading about the great wars and battles, looking at the maps about fallen civilizations. looking at historical figures and what they did. I've NEVER found a game that does what dwarf fortress does with history, and i honestly wish more games did go that in-depth, because learning about the past is one of my Favorite things to do! (That, and watch games AI build, research and fight each other while I do nothing.)

    Honestly, it just amazes me of how in depth the randomly generated history is. I mean, even the ART section has a history of it being lost, found, offered to lords. it's so in-death that in a battle that leads to 5000 deaths. I can see the individual soldiers family history, What battles they fought in when they were born when they died and everything in between

    honestly, it amazes me, and it's what keeps bringing me back. I know it's not how you are supposed to play dwarf fortress, but until the day i can grasp that, this is the thing I love doing the most.

    submitted by /u/shadowbolt_bloodmane
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment