• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 7, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress Forgotten Beast Oda

    Dwarf Fortress Forgotten Beast Oda


    Forgotten Beast Oda

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 09:36 PM PST

    An update on my beast trapping adventures.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 10:00 AM PST

    [44.12] Meph's ☼Warlock Tower☼ - For those that can't wait for the villains release

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 04:04 AM PST

    Yes, it was a very dangerous quest

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 11:32 AM PST

    uhhhghhmmnygg ... i didnt know this is a thing. hurts just from reading

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 01:24 PM PST

    Armok Vision Falling through World

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 12:24 PM PST

    I'm using Windows 10 + Lazy Newb Pack (Most recent) I got Armok Vision to work once, but I can't use it anymore.

    I've completely reinstalled LNP/ Dwarf Fortress + deleted everything in Appdata, deleted the Armok Vision in My Documents.

    I can go around in godmode view, but whenever I go FPS I fall through the world. I've tried spawning my chara above ground level, on ground level, and under ground level.

    No idea what's going on.

    submitted by /u/unclearimage
    [link] [comments]

    The chest bump of death.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 07:52 PM PST

    Looking for thoughts on the Labors UI and Use of Helper Apps During Game play

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 10:18 PM PST

    I have recently started playing DF and am really enjoying the game. The more I play the more I am blow away by the depth and how fully-realized the game is. After a week of playtime I feel that I have only scratched the surface of what the game has to offer.

    I have to ask, though...What's the deal with all of the DF helper programs? Reading tutorials and watching the occasional youtube clip, I find that most reference a number of select tools used in conjunction with normal game play--dfhack, &c.

    I have been playing just straight meat and potatoes ascii DF and am wondering if others do the same? I can see why such tools exists, however, for the labor management in the base game is a bit of a nightmare. To be honest I am nearly thinking of using such apps as I find trying to manage labors with many Dwarves to be beyond burdensome . Is the labor system in the base game a UI oversight that may be changed in the future or are accompanying helper apps merely the future of the game?

    While I am not an ascii roguelike purist I generally like to give an ascii game it's fair share before moding with things like tile sets or other forms of additional software. Am I being bull-headed and other feel the same way or should I just take the cue that DF may be a better game with the works of software that others have created for better ease in management and control?

    submitted by /u/Ign1s-fatuus
    [link] [comments]

    Interesting/Unique Adv. World Generation

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 07:32 PM PST

    After doing several searches over the years and scouring the wiki for all the information I could, I feel I have a pretty good hold on the adv. Generation tools. I'm curious, however, as to how others may have used it to spice up their worlds. Typically I just do some minute changes to tweak it to my liking, like more volcanos and more open caves, but what things have you guys done whether extreme or minute to really change your dwarf fortress experience?

    submitted by /u/caelosbornlp
    [link] [comments]

    Awesome Tavern Name Generator Outputs

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 03:25 PM PST

    Awesome Tavern Name Generator Outputs

    Dwarf Fortress exceeds all my expectations. It randomly creates such beautiful distinct names for any dwarf location.

    Glovequest - The Bloody Diamonds of Confusion

    Nökorudil - The Dead Lanterns

    submitted by /u/Texxer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment