• Breaking News

    Monday, January 6, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress BF - Growing tensions

    Dwarf Fortress BF - Growing tensions


    BF - Growing tensions

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 06:09 AM PST

    Shrieking Sounds, the batwoman spearman

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 05:37 PM PST

    Alpaca wool socks and shoes are not the most efficient of weapons, but this stubborn minotaur refused to give up and finally scored a kill after 60 pages

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 08:44 AM PST

    Picked the game up again after a year or so

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 01:43 AM PST

    Picked up the latest version of Masterwork and jumped back into the game. Found an absolutely beautiful location on a volcano and got off to a strong start, but got complacent and didn't set up any defenses, or even a front gate or anything else to stop invaders if they showed up. Naturally, I got a visit in that first autumn from a titan, a web breathing monstrosity that was all tails, made of amber. So I sent my military after him, three crossbowdwarfs and a speardwarf, accompanied by wardogs. I drafted the miners, three legendary miners with iron picks, and sent them all in.

    And then they died.

    So I drafted the entire adult population of the fort, and stationed them outside, along with every war dog left, along with every other animal in the fort because they happened to be penned there.

    They ripped off both of its tails and cracked open it's body, but then they all died.

    And here I am, a smile and my face and a song in my heart. I love this game. I'll start again, and wait to see how the next group does.

    That titan's welcome to his new home though, he bloody well earned it.

    submitted by /u/The_Truthkeeper
    [link] [comments]

    Streaming Dwarf Fortress for 7 hours. (Will post vod link when I go offline)

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 11:28 AM PST

    Just with wood, this dwarf made this awesome thing. Although I don't know how to draw, this deep lore feeds the imagination a lot. Fck i love this game

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 04:05 AM PST

    The Crocs are learning...poor recruit...

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 12:37 AM PST

    question : can't install DF ubuntu 18.04

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 12:15 PM PST

    i download the packages from bay12 page and , what is the next process i have to do ?

    submitted by /u/LePhantome
    [link] [comments]

    The fun continues!

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 08:39 PM PST

    I did it tonight. I had a decent fortress going, was building a massive cistern outside for fishing. It was being fed by an aquifer. I had multiple pools of magma from the volcano that were feeding my forges and smelters. I had a decent squad of axe lords, and had fended off multiple attempts by werebeasts to come in. I even survived the great drought of 172 where I lost 54 dwarves and the last three finished the well (over the aforementioned aquifer) as a migrant wave came in.
    I decided it was time to spruce things up and expand the crowded tavern. So I built a huge room with a wall of crystal glass windows. The other side of those windows was magma. It was gorgeous. I tried to save the poor bastard who was to fill the other side by using the dog channel trick. He dodged right instead of going straight out of the room and was too slow. Burned to a crisp with his molten pickax slammed against the window.
    I sat for a bit and enjoyed the sight of the inn being used. Then it happened. An alert about inaccessible area. That shouldn't be.
    However, quickly dropping one z-level down I see a giant swath of magma. Pouring down my carefully crafted mine shafts. Raining down my main stairwell. Threatening to burn all my silly dorfs.
    I did it. I rage abandoned the fortress. Foolish of me. I may go back and reclaim it when I've subsided. But all the update talks make me not care to. I have my other world on my laptop that I can go work on. That volcano has the calling for a lava moat. Or a lava-fall. Or something. Not sure just yet. The fun continues!

    submitted by /u/el_heffe80
    [link] [comments]

    Theory crafting some armor

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 12:20 PM PST

    I know that there is already a "maximum efficiency" setup well established, but it relies on stacking a ton of repeat objects and feels a bit too exploitative to me, so I had an idea on how to make a maximum layer/armor setup that doesn't use the same item twice, and only uses native equipment.

    Here's what I've got so far, but feel free to offer some suggestions.

    Leather Hood
    Metal Helm
    Leather Gloves
    Metal Gauntlets
    Leather Mittens
    Leather Tunic
    Metal Mail Shirt
    Metal Breastplate
    Leather Robe
    Leather Cloak
    Metal Greaves
    Leather Socks
    Metal High Boots
    Metal Shield
    Weapon

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/TWWfanboy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment