• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 15, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress Complete list of changes coming with the Villain Update

    Dwarf Fortress Complete list of changes coming with the Villain Update


    Complete list of changes coming with the Villain Update

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 10:40 PM PST

    We did it Boys!!!

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 07:12 AM PST

    Never underestimate a wrestler.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:08 AM PST

    My adventure mode Attack On Titan base

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 10:54 AM PST

    My adventure mode Attack On Titan base

    I present Saint Dawns, the base of the Future Band

    I made this in adventure mode using 13 soldiers and O command

    When I was learning how to play Dwarf Fortress I red a lot of post on how to build in adventure mode and many users were a bit upset with the management of it, so I took it as a challenge. Among the problems I could red was the lag problem produced by lots of animal spawns that could potentially slowdown expensive PCs so, first, I decided to choose a place far away from rivers to avoid fish spawns. Also, I tried to avoid felling trees in my base so this way, I thought, I could stop spawns by giving less space to the game to spawn other animals. I cut trees away from my base I gave them to my followers (talking to them) and then, when we arrive at the base, I made them unequip using the O command. And fortunately it worked, I don't have any lag.

    Your retire soldiers can produce stuff for your army in your base in Adventure Mode!

    One of the most important thing I learned was to bring the rumor of the occupation of the main hall in the beginning of the creation of the base, this way the soldiers generate more stories around you all the time as the supreme leader you should be. In fact the second building you have to build after the Main Hall is a Tavern, this way they can tell stories there, storytelling is everything in Adventure Mode. You should group up with soldiers, build houses and from time to time you bring up the journey with them, this way you can assign them a location and they will stay living with you. When I retired Semod, an human legendary Spearman, because one Titan injured him he started to produce boots for the rest of the team as you can see above in the picture.

    My favorite squad

    After months of leading your group in adventure mode, you start to feel how your character develops strange and complex relations with their friends by themselves, I can't really explain it but when I come back to this save my character, Das, an epic elf bowman, is always alone in the bedroom with Isa, an elite Human Swordwoman, I think they have something going on there, if you know what I mean.

    Ok, I think that's enough, hope you like it, until the next one. Bye bye,

    PS: I modded my game so it is vanilla but I can make armorstands and weapon racks by the carpentry menu, if you want the reaction comment in the post and I will edit it to include in the post the text of the reaction.

    submitted by /u/Percennio
    [link] [comments]

    Pocket Worlds

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 12:46 PM PST

    I am home sick and decided to nurse myself back to health with a bottle of NyQuil and some Dwarf Fortress. Creating a new world, I never really considered the smallest world size setting but it has got me thinking. While such worlds are likely less taxing on older machine, are there any boons or inherent challenges in playing with them? What do people in the DF community think of pocket worlds and what goals have people set out to accomplish on them?

    submitted by /u/Ign1s-fatuus
    [link] [comments]

    Population and wealth requirements

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 05:15 AM PST

    I got a baron with only 14 dwarf, has the requirements for nobel/titan/siege changed in the last update?

    submitted by /u/TheTorla
    [link] [comments]

    My fort is at war with their own civilization

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:05 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment