• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 15, 2019

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 04:07 PM PST

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Sigun's adventure continues!

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 05:49 PM PST

    I' m looking for the best "Urist McX"-name

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 08:22 AM PST

    Hi there, I recently decided to give one of my game-account a dwarf fortress-styled name. I've come to conclusion that Urist McX would be a good one, but I don't know what certain suffix I should choose. Urist McIdiot or Urist McUseless sounded good for me, but it was still missing something. So that's why I am asking: What would be a good/ funny/ painfully generic lastname for Urist? Thanks in advance.

    Update: I finally decided to use "Urist McDagger" as my name (u/0v329000 's idea).

    Proof: https://imgur.com/a/UAZMf9R

    Fun Fact: Urist McDwarf (a name I have considered) was actually taken. Someone somewhere had this dorf idea too.

    Another Fun Fact: for inspiration I checked my legends and searched for Urist. Apparently there is a forgotten beast named "Urist the Demon of Starvation". Even if it was depicted as a giant menacing fire-breathing newt, I had the vision of him being a giant dwarf who just stands in one tile, vomiting everywhere while being drunk.

    submitted by /u/Irayn
    [link] [comments]

    The luckiest peasant out there

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 04:29 PM PST

    Started playing with a new adventurer today. The guy has courage, but his adventures weren't really... interesting. The usual stuff, killing random animals, making enough sharp stones to supply an entire army, whatever.  

    Figured I should check a fortress nearby, the lag is bad but damn, free stuff. Turns out he got there in the middle of a fight between noblemen, and boy was it big. I didn't really understand which side was the local one, so I just decided to go after them, picking their relics that they were using to bash eachother into a pulp.  

    Went outside, made up a new identity to cover my own ass (one of the surviving noblemen kept asking me for her shitty bauble) and decided to clear a nearby lair. When I get there, I start finding stuff scattered all over the place. More goddamn treasures. I assume one of the attackers ran away and got snatched by the beastie, so that means more loot for me and one noble less in the world. Anyway, I get in the lair, and surprise surprise, there's mama freak, papa freak and baby freak (god bless capable companions). At this point, you can already guess what comes next. Even more shiny trinkets.  

    So, little old Kos Lancemoss ended up with 15 shinies. There are a couple of books which might not be artifacts, though. Now I just have to find a way to store them safely, because I can't go around carrying a bone throne just for show.

    submitted by /u/Zhikse
    [link] [comments]

    my dwarf has ptsd

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 04:22 PM PST

    well sucubus since im using masterwork mod.

    she was attacked by a snake while picking up equipment (that she lost from another fight with a snake), almost died, but was brought to the hospital and healed.

    then shes going to pick up her equipment that she lost again, and she freezes with a blue exclamation mark. her thoughts and preferences says "she feels mortal fear after remembering a traumatic event"

    but then she snapped out of it a minute later. just a cool thing that happened in my fort

    submitted by /u/buki_chan
    [link] [comments]

    I got paranoid about werebeast infections again; only of the four locked up were infected. Makes for a great tragic story but I kinda feel guilty

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 07:11 PM PST

    Another recursive artifact

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 02:26 PM PST

    Unexpected lack of FUN.....so far.

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 05:23 PM PST

    So I've been playing a new fort for the last week. It's been kinda odd in that everything is going well. All industries are up and running.

    Making masterwork steel armor and weapons.

    I remembered not to give the inn alcohol this time.

    Emergency Air locks on upper entrance and entrance to the caverns are in place.

    I have by some act of the blood god not gone to war with the elves....YET although I already got a warning, so the countdown has started. Death the knife eared savages and all that.

    Got one legendary squad decked out in steel and iron. Along with a crossbow squad that sucks as per the norm. I also have one reservist squad made up of four goblins and a human. That last part is important.

    So I had one cyclops, one etten and two goblin raids. Nothing fantastic. Were beast scourge which are Bain of my existence have not showed up yet. No vampires for me to spend an hour investigating.

    Then I get the first forgotten beast today. A giant silver fish with one eye and deadly spittle. No big deal, I have a forgotten beast kill room. However I decided to send in the reserve squad just for shits and giggles. I almost always do that just because sometimes you end up with a massive kill count and a legendary warrior or he's dead and you replace him with some other poor bastard.

    So I sent the ragged reservists equipped with whatever scrap copper and iron gear I had left over from my main squads ( including a two handed sword for the human).

    I fully expected to be volunteering new non dwarf residents for reserve service shortly. However to my surprise they went down and curb stomped this thing. It didn't even get one hit in. They destroyed its legs and crushed its head "bruising the brain". I was very impressed.

    They get to live another day and one with the kill will get steel armor. Might even give him his own tomb for his inevitable demise. I like to honor the dwarves(or non dwarf scum) that do something noteworthy in my fort.

    submitted by /u/sharpie344
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment