• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 21, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress I always thought giant beasts swatting you to death with socks and such was ridiculous until I realised I kill flies with a towel

    Dwarf Fortress I always thought giant beasts swatting you to death with socks and such was ridiculous until I realised I kill flies with a towel


    I always thought giant beasts swatting you to death with socks and such was ridiculous until I realised I kill flies with a towel

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 03:39 AM PDT

    Urist strikes the fly in the head with the xTowelx, bruising the brain and shattering the skull.

    The fly has been struck down.

    On the same note, now I can't help but imagine occasional clothes-wielding megabeasts swatting away my dwarves and adventurers as if they're annoying flies.

    submitted by /u/FredHamptonRIP2
    [link] [comments]

    Apparently the Dwarf Fortress site is old enough to be accessed in Netscape Navigator

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 05:32 AM PDT

    A big rave party on my fortress!

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 07:04 AM PDT

    Not sure if this is appropriate behaviour for a doctor

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 06:01 AM PDT

    It might be stupid but after a few days of learning how to play and several unsuccessful fortresses, my first artifact was created. It's just a cabinet, but I feel extremely happy about this little event. I'm hooked forever to this game.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    Alligators got three of my dwarves within a couple minutes of starting. I’m having !FUN!

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 01:45 AM PDT

    Started playing a few days ago, and finally this happened. I must be doing something right, I guess!

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    I could be misinterpreting but I think this bard is literally just screaming at my tavern's patrons

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:38 AM PDT

    A couple flooding incidents later...

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    I built a fedora package of Enay's Lazy Newb Pack

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 04:09 AM PDT

    I'm one of these people that have been fascinated by dwarf fortress for years but have never taken the time to learn how to play it, so this weekend I decided to install one of the LNP packs and get started with the game. But, running Fedora, it turned out that getting the pack to run was not so easy and required some tweaks, and, after having gone through that process, I decided to create an rpm package so that future users don't have to go trough the same.

    Anyway, if any fedora user is interested in it you can find it on https://github.com/corollari/lazy-newb-pack-fedora. Also, all the files I used in the packaging process are in the github repo.

    Note: This is my first rpm package, so if someone that is knowledgeable in this area wants to chime in and criticize the package feel free to do so.

    submitted by /u/corollari
    [link] [comments]

    Guys. At what point do I just abandon my fortress and start again.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 06:46 AM PDT

    First okay through of the game. Been on easy cause don't wanna deal with goblins on my first game. I'm at 100 dwarves with like 40 animals. I have bedrooms. Meeting halls. Workbenches. Even a second level which was really confusing to try and do even though it shouldn't have been. But all my people are depressed and don't wanna do anything. I haven't got any seeds for plum helmets anymore and now nothing gets done. Why are my people depressed

    submitted by /u/Macer_68
    [link] [comments]

    I've broken my previous record, and at only ~15 years in, I've still got about 200 left to go.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 05:00 PM PDT

    Junglemined

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 12:46 PM PDT

    Creating my first fort since the new update: Junglemined, I'm super exited. I've spent the last three days or so doing nothing but laying out blue prints and setting up some modest accommodations to hold my dwarves over in the meantime. I've never planned a fort out 100% before really breaking earth, I always have a general idea but the caves tend to fuck me up. So this time I made sure to explore them before designing the layout, It is definitely the single nicest fort I've ever made. the surface will have some workshops, animal training areas/ war kennels, a temple to our civ's main god (a rain and agriculture god, very fitting for our jungle fort), the farmers guild, and the training area/ arena/ trap hall entrances, all surrounded by a wall of course. Normally I have my forts locked very safely away in the depths, but not this time, these dwarves have laid claim to the surface. Our former expedition leader (but future baron) doesn't actually mind the elements as much as most dwarves seem to, I'm sure that has factored into her decision to incorporate the surface. I've gotten some good ideas from watching kruggsmash, especially when it comes to roll playing. The fort isn't anything too fancy, not by any means, but it looks good. My plan is to make some candy for animal people and go adventuring. My world only has two cave levels because its easier on my old ass comp, and there are no werebeasts, fuck werebeasts. Oh yeah, the world is set to have a shit ton of resources, I always set it to 111. I guess you could say I play on easy, I'm alright with that. The dwarven realms are a brutal enough place, the least I can do is offer a little 4*4 patch of Eden. Does anyone else tend to cater the game to their liking in advanced world gen, or do y'all like to just kinda roll the dice?

    submitted by /u/kamihanta
    [link] [comments]

    Complete Military Setup Guide | Dwarf Fortress 2020

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 12:17 PM PDT

    How to Build Anything in Dwarf Fortress 2020

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 02:34 AM PDT

    the children of monsters are friendly to me.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 04:26 PM PDT

    the children of monsters are friendly to me.

    Anyhelp offer for the problem, it has been about 7 months, and the undead ghouls are not moving on (SIEGE), and the monsters of Rera are breeding and the those children are friendly,

    https://preview.redd.it/yk8nptubg5651.png?width=1796&format=png&auto=webp&s=3b246c91bd02b55cdfdefc646d37b0594766b031

    This all started when I sent out 3 squads to take over a less than 10 person tower, (whoops filled with undead and a necromancer, and these things). 16 of those dwarves were captured and taken to the enemy capital. (the others died?.). Then the SIEGE came, and I lost a few woodcutters, but no biggie.

    Organized 110 dwarves into new squads and sent them two days journey to the human capital (via the caverns) to raid and rescue my captured dwarves. Its been 7 months they are gone, and nothing happens . Well maybe two crashes a year.

    submitted by /u/hajji-8
    [link] [comments]

    Generate a lot of worlds

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    Generate a lot of worlds

    NikoKun and I created scripts for Windows and Linux (and maybe OSX) that automatically generate a bunch of worlds (and export there legends, Linux/OSX only atm).

    You can find the main thread here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176439.0

    If you have feedback let us know.

    https://preview.redd.it/zsnq6v1y35651.png?width=640&format=png&auto=webp&s=c0efe3b512d94f17c484e157586648b8c1190e72

    submitted by /u/Ralpha9
    [link] [comments]

    Lizards and Dwarves in a Human town.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 01:26 PM PDT

    Lizards and Dwarves in a Human town.

    just started a new adventurer, and the first thing I notice is that the town is full of Lizard-people and Dwarves instead of Humans.

    https://preview.redd.it/h5omktpyj4651.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=824819717e804ebeeaf452ad34fed9e470c58de4

    submitted by /u/sampeng1
    [link] [comments]

    Returning

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 05:13 PM PDT

    So I'm returning to DF and am trying to just use the in game tools to modify everything. Breaking off the rust and remembering the bindings has been taking some time. Don't know if I'll specialize in anything but I do want a killer trap hall for sieges and a safe passage for goods and trades. Hoping I'll finally get armies correct and maybe eventually see some clowns.

    submitted by /u/AKvanguard
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment