• Breaking News

    Friday, June 19, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    ☼Fortress Friday☼

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    Our weekly thread for posting interesting events without cluttering up /r/dwarffortress. Screenshots, stories, details, achievements, or other posts are all welcome here! (That includes adventure and legends mode, even if there's no fortress involved.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    By the great beard of Armok! It has finally happened, Kruggsmash has now an outstanding 100 000 subscribers! At last the milestone has been reached, congratulations Kruggsmash! You earned it!

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 05:11 AM PDT

    BF - Back to back FUN

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 01:29 PM PDT

    Yay! Another legendary wiffle bat!

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 12:12 AM PDT

    I don't know how to enjoy Dwarf Fortress, and I really want to

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 08:45 AM PDT

    What first got me into the game were the stories and interviews of this supposedly most complex game in the world, which was so legendary it was exposed at MOMA museum in New York. I suck at manager games (hell, they even give me anxiety) but I was willing to get over the hussle hurdle, watch some tutorials and get building fortresses.

    After a couple tutorials and that handy fan made walkthrough made with an actual save of the game you're supposed to go through, I still don't know how to "enjoy it". I mean, I really want to, I don't wanna miss out the fun. But in the end it kinda feels underwhelming.

    Maybe I'm still a newbie, but for context, my fortresses generally go like this: I dig into the mountain, first level is a quick stockpile, dormitory and meeting area. Then I dig another level and build other rooms to place some workshops, and the living areas.

    Then it stops. I just sit there, staring at my screen, just watching the little dwarfsmen doing their things. 0 idle dwarfs, everyone going back and forwards, and I just sit there crossing my arms. Then it gets boring and frustrating, because I know I'm doing something wrong but I just can't tell what. After this realization, I abandon the fortress and start a new one on the same world. I have done this cycle for about five, or six times.

    And I'm not blaming the game for being simple in its gameplay, maybe I am making it too simple and boring. Maybe I have no creativity for sandbox games, and shouldn't bother with them in the first place. But the difference with Dwarf Fortress is that I really want to know how to make it fun, because to be honest, it's gonna be a long long time before a game as unique as this one comes to the world again. Has anyone ever felt this way?

    submitted by /u/Porpoiselord
    [link] [comments]

    I am the Queen of Bridges! My viewers told me, so it must be true! Here's my next tutorial video talking all about bridges and doors and building a secure underground trade depot. The tunnel system has the potential for all kinds of future goblin-slaughtering designs...

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 09:25 AM PDT

    I swear these dang kids might as well worship social media now

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 04:47 PM PDT

    DevLog 19 June 2020: "Most lately we've experimented a bit with material recolors for items. These are done in code based on the RGB color provided in the raws for the metals so they should work with metal mods etc."

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 12:23 PM PDT

    [47.04] ZM5's Assorted Creatures - Majesty Creatures addon

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 11:06 AM PDT

    Meph/Normal graphics question

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 05:36 AM PDT

    is there a way to turn off my tileset with meph launcher for a short time? I'd simply like to see what my world and fortress looks like in standard graphics. But I'm unsure if this is doable. I've tried going into the init and changing graphics to No but that didnt seem to work.

    side note, is meph on 47.03 or am I just crazy? I thought I downloaded 47.04

    submitted by /u/Trestanray
    [link] [comments]

    Rimworld as a gateway drug

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 10:47 PM PDT

    I've tried df some years ago but could't wrap my head around it. Now, after playing rimworld for months and getting familiar with the colony- management genre itself I came around to trying df again. It just clicked right away and is now a lot of fun. LNP certainly helped aswell.

    submitted by /u/DebuggingBugs
    [link] [comments]

    I'm worried about our Queen...

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 06:14 PM PDT

    She's begun military training with our brown recluse spider soldiers, and has insisted on wielding three weapons in one hand. I wonder how effective that will be in battle?

    the spiders wield a total of 6 in case you are wondering

    submitted by /u/WarriorofArmok
    [link] [comments]

    Playing a fort for the long run

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    I usually quit forts after I get everything setup waiting for sieges. So I generated a new world and started at a place looking for fun. I found a location at war with 4 towers and started up with the goal to wipe out those towers. I quickly locked my 10 dwarves up as a wave of zombies arrived. Annnnnd left the food outside and wood outside. The total fort lasted 25 minutes. On to the next one. First thing I did was drag everything inside.

    submitted by /u/JasonP_
    [link] [comments]

    That is some dedication...

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 02:28 PM PDT

    Got bored so made something

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 06:02 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment