• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 16, 2019

    Dwarf Fortress I see your "fancy dorms" and raise you this pathfinding hellscape.

    Dwarf Fortress I see your "fancy dorms" and raise you this pathfinding hellscape.


    I see your "fancy dorms" and raise you this pathfinding hellscape.

    Posted: 15 Nov 2019 06:31 PM PST

    Oh, he is going to absolutely love it here.

    Posted: 15 Nov 2019 08:59 PM PST

    Troglodytes: Psychological Menace.

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 09:13 AM PST

    Trogs are considered sentient beings and as such dwaves hate it when they see their bodies or watch them die. This is problematic as the caverns like to send wave after wave of the fuckers at you, and they die easy like trash mobs to a squad of 5 idling crossbow dwarves watching your entrances. This, combined with random jobs that need to access the caverns like weaving will drive all of your dwarves mad.

    I think the only solution to the trog menace is to spam cage traps in the caverns and hope you have enough to capture all of them before they traumatise, at least, your military dwarves. Since there's an infinite supply of them and they can't be trained or butchered, I think you just need to throw the cage itself into magma or whatever other garbage disposal system you have set up.

    This post in memory of the fortress Murklens, who all went stark raving mad.

    submitted by /u/bheidian
    [link] [comments]

    Weirdest stuff

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 10:25 AM PST

    Weirdest stuff

    Yeah we all saw some weird stuff. Still, the games random art amazes me to no end.

    Maybe they only want a hug?

    submitted by /u/UnDebs
    [link] [comments]

    This is truly terrifying part 2

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 02:06 AM PST

    Running on a Chromebook possible

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 11:55 AM PST

    Hello, i've been trying to get more use out of my Asus C201P Chromebook. It's been freshly powerwashed and ready for developer mode, however i'm not sure its even possible to run DF on a crouton with such low processing power. The reason I listed my model number is because this device will unfortunately never have Crotini support, if only I had known back then :(

    So i'm pretty sure i'll need to install a crouton with xfce or unity. However I've had very little exposure to Linux, I'm not confident in my troubleshooting skills. I don't even know if the LNP or even DF will be compatible with what i'm trying to do.

    I tried the linux4noobs subreddit but didn't have much feedback. If anyone has previous experience with something like this I would love to hear from them. Any chromebook/linux guides on DF compatibility would also be helpful. Strike The Earth!

    submitted by /u/Grinning_Firemancer
    [link] [comments]

    Dwarf Fortress Goblin Reform Challenge

    Posted: 15 Nov 2019 07:26 PM PST

    Try to get 1 goblin as a long term guest. After 2 years they will apply for complete citizenship. This will change their ethics to dwarven ones. Post a comment about your reformed goblin.

    submitted by /u/Koopaplayer0927
    [link] [comments]

    Keeping up with beds

    Posted: 15 Nov 2019 08:41 PM PST

    My fortress has hit 75 citizens now, and I'm way behind on bedrooms. On top of that, the rooms are still made of the dirt they are carved from, and while I have access to vast amounts of marble it takes time to get it all replaced. How do you people keep up? The sheer quantity of bedrooms... and the amount of stone I need over time... What am I to do?!?

    submitted by /u/SlashyMcStabbington
    [link] [comments]

    The end of Fondleclasp and it's destroyer

    Posted: 15 Nov 2019 01:53 PM PST

    The end of Fondleclasp and it's destroyer

    Resurrecting a very old fort for the sake of sharing how it ended: attacked by a massive fire-breathing hill titan, that managed to infiltrate my fort and kill well over 200 dwarves. I wrote the remaining 20 off as dead and let the beast finish its work, though I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was killed by the boiling blood of my dwarves and elephants. 28 pages of combat logs. About 20 remain and I decided to retire it.

    https://preview.redd.it/ypf1i1ef6xy31.png?width=614&format=png&auto=webp&s=8df89b7430cab4b6fc911a21a1d6ba211f5346ee

    submitted by /u/DinglyDangle
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment