• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 30, 2022

    Dwarf Fortress I got a necromancer in my first migrant wave. Following drought, he's single-handedly rebuilding civilization

    Dwarf Fortress I got a necromancer in my first migrant wave. Following drought, he's single-handedly rebuilding civilization


    I got a necromancer in my first migrant wave. Following drought, he's single-handedly rebuilding civilization

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 08:04 AM PST

    So I went way to ambitious with my first few projects and totally forgot about the basics... you know...food and drink. Well, drought struck at the very start of winter and all the surface water froze.

    As the "Joe McRockface is dehydrated" messages began to arrive, I sent my miners down shaft after shaft to search for caves... but to no avail. They died one after another. Their corpses lined the fortress tunnels. With no one to collect the duck eggs, there was a duckling explosion up top. (Okay, that's more cute than harrowing but hey ho.)

    Anyhow, fast forward to now. Everyone is dead. Everyone apart from Zuthan Evanuzol, a Dwarven necromancer who arrived in my first wave. I almost quit when I saw him. I couldn't be arsed with necromancer shennanigans so early in my game. But I thought, Ach I'll just lock him in a room and make him my bookmaker.

    Well, now little Zuthan is single-handled running the fortress until another migrant wave arrives and I feel super guilty for being negative about his arrival.

    I'm sorry Zuthan.

    I didn't deserve you.

    submitted by /u/TheMeanderer
    [link] [comments]

    My dwarf just created adamantine artifact armor!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 04:53 PM PST

    Help to a noob in adventure mode.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 08:26 AM PST

    Help to a noob in adventure mode.

    Hey!

    I started playing Dwarf fortress recently, in adventure mode. But I have some difficulty in understanding.. My horses after some actions stand and do nothing. I've fought kobolds, horses have been in the fight, one is alarmed, the other is frightened. As far as I understand, the horse itself lay on the ground, and if you change the speed of movement on the horse (button S), then all possible options are to crawl. At the same time, the horses do not follow me. And if I want to lead them (button H), then they do not obey. I swear I can't take it and just kill them, they run away if I go to the city/settlement. I tried to calm them down, telling them jokes and bragging about my murders, and I also tried to argue with them about politics. But they don't want to listen. I also tried sleeping for a few hours, but that didn't help..
    Pls can you help me?

    https://preview.redd.it/cbwijib5que81.png?width=641&format=png&auto=webp&s=11541378a561d8f2fb211ce85529020ce36aca9b

    submitted by /u/NeboYasnoe
    [link] [comments]

    16x18 ASCII tileset, maybe useful for streaming (link in comments)

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 12:15 PM PST

    I was digging through some old archives and found a hand-drawn CP437 font I made out of boredom over 22 years ago. I think it aged pretty well.

    The fact that it's 16x18 makes it useful for video recording. If your window size has a 2:1 ratio (e.g. 100x50, 80x40, 140x70), then it will fit perfectly in standard 16:9 videos.

    I would have added this to the dwarf fortress wiki but my account can't upload files yet and I don't feel like "cheating" the requirements.

    I'm releasing it to the public domain if anyone else wants to add it to the wiki or make changes.

    submitted by /u/Cogwheel
    [link] [comments]

    I am bamboozled by seeds.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 12:01 PM PST

    I made a stockpile for seeds. Then I forbade seeds from my general stockpile.

    My dwarves proceeded to move all the seed bags to the seed stockpile, and then pick them all up and place them in an empty barrel in my general stockpile, and then leave the barrel in the general stockpile.

    What the heck.

    submitted by /u/bunbun39
    [link] [comments]

    LinuxDwarfPack Terminal Error

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 12:24 PM PST

    LinuxDwarfPack Terminal Error

    Howdy.

    So I moved to Linux last spring and haven't looked back. That said, I still cannot get DF to work with the LNP (which I prefer playing with).

    I've downloaded the latest release (https://github.com/McArcady/lnp-forge/releases):

    tar -xjf linux-dwarf-pack-0.47.05.r3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.bz2 sh Downloads/opt/linux-dwarf-pack/startlnp.sh 

    But the whole thing fails when I try to configure my terminal. I've tried several different methods, but I cannot figure out what the issue is.

    My main terminal is sakura, but when I run $TERM, I get:

     command not found:xterm-256color. 

    Running sakura -e $ gives me these errors:

    https://preview.redd.it/4z60iktfvve81.png?width=2545&format=png&auto=webp&s=0eddca78fa3cac3149d766ade96d9e0d3512ddb2

    And running alacritty -e $ gives me this:

    https://preview.redd.it/5rkzc8xuvve81.png?width=2473&format=png&auto=webp&s=2f51f6a5cf08361d0175781f3dcc8d60b7440e81

    Then the Dashboard says the test was successful, but when I try to play, the terminal pops up and then nothing happens. The game loads fine if I just play vanilla DF, but I don't want to do that; I like using the extra tools out there.

    So does anyone have a suggestion? I've tried with Guake, Tilix, Terminator, and xcfe4-terminal, same issues. If someone has successfully done this in Arch, either through the LNP or a combination of downloads and plugins, I'd love some help.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Phopaa
    [link] [comments]

    Sinthropides stream is live now! Unusually earlier today. (Until 15:00 GMT). Today we want to make sure all of the military has steel armor which is a part of the preparation for an expedition to the humans Empire. Also we have to secure another source of lignite.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 04:45 AM PST

    When has a god done something unusual in your world?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 02:07 PM PST

    You always hear about forgotten beasts and titans. Artifacts and artificers. But rarely ever gods.

    This is for what gods have done in your world and for what you, as an adventurer, have done in the name of your gods. Or, if you have even impersonated them!

    submitted by /u/AlmosFrostedGaming
    [link] [comments]

    fan boardgame for Kruggsmash's Splatterface

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 02:25 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment