• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 14, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress My Dwarves Have Been Fighting Hundreds of Millions of Undead For a Month And Are Starting to Lose.

    Dwarf Fortress My Dwarves Have Been Fighting Hundreds of Millions of Undead For a Month And Are Starting to Lose.


    My Dwarves Have Been Fighting Hundreds of Millions of Undead For a Month And Are Starting to Lose.

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 10:18 PM PDT

    About 1 in-game month ago, I sent out my final assault against the necromancers. I've had this fort for over a year now, and have been prepping with a single goal in mind, killing the necromancers that took over the world. At the end of world-gen, I was left with a world that had nothing left to be tarnished by the undead.

    Two necromancers, and their horde of reanimated acolytes, had done a hostile take over of the other 2 towers, reanimating their owners and repossessing their artifacts and forging a horrifying pan-undead union across the world. The two now arch-necromancers then went amok, one raising hordes of intelligent undead, while the other twisted literal millions into sapient experiments, to the point where the majority of the elves, goblins, humans, and sadly dwarves, were wiped out. Using their rapidly growing army they then, over the course of 5 centuries, took over everything, including the spires of the circus and their vaults, proving that not even heaven nor hell could stop them.

    However, I've been trying, vainly, to get some progress in destroying the undead menace. I've set up multiple fortresses, some of them falling to the horde, some falling due to some silly mistake I made, floods, clowns, etc. All of this so I could just make a dent.

    Then I made a discovery, turns out, the necromancers have 500 million undead at their site. My squad did their best, including my squad leader, a legendary dwarf, armed in full adamantine and wielding a massive silver warhammer, took out 250 by himself before finally being captured, with most of his squad being captured or killed along with their leader. Realized what I was up against, retired that fort, bad metals anyways, and settled on place with some good quality steel.

    Fast forward 20 years later, I've amassed a sizeable group of 50 dwarves, 1/4 of my population, clad in steel and adamantine, and a okish amount of war animals from the caves. We'd been raiding and had successfully fended of sieges of over 200 undead in straight combat without losses, and I was feeling, for once, ok about my chances. And so, I sent them out, marching towards the citadel of certain death that was the necromancer tower of Bronzereleases.

    That was over a month ago.

    I was confused, I thought the game had bugged out, and my guys were frozen in travel. The trip was only 3 days away. And then, I checked my military lists. 6 of my dwarves are dead.

    I have no idea how long this fight will last or if I'll even win or not, but I'm wondering if there's any thing I can do to pull my guys out. If not, send your best regards dwarves, I'm praying to Armok my guys make it out alive. I'll update this as things progress.

    TL:DR My dwarves have been trapped in a month long fight with several hundred million undead, and I'm not sure how to get out of it without everyone dying.

    UPDATE: Fighting is over, combat log has been going on for 10+ minutes, will notify you guys of the aftermath soon.

    UPDATE: Aftermath

    Will keep fighting

    submitted by /u/Foolishmemer123
    [link] [comments]

    Dwarfs dancing in a circle

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    Crashing problems

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 08:10 AM PDT

    Whenever I finish buying my resources and animals to begin the world my game crashes, any veteran here knows what might be the issue?

    submitted by /u/Raul_alb
    [link] [comments]

    Hammerstone #2: Rise of The Capital

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 11:40 AM PDT

    Cant get companions in adventure mode

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 07:45 AM PDT

    so i made a peasant character and went on to try to raid a tomb where a previous character if mine died, on the lazynewb pack or something along that name. Got 4 books and returned them to the civ thru trading.

    But even after all of this, i still cant get anyone to join me. they always said, "Ha! Such enthusiasm from such a you" or something along that line.

    can anyone tell me what am i doing wrong here? does books not count as an artifact?

    P.S., i did manage to become a hearth person and told to slay a hydra, which will be put on hold because i barely have any fighting skill.

    submitted by /u/OakLizard2047
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment