• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 5, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress Finally,my first fun time

    Dwarf Fortress Finally,my first fun time


    Finally,my first fun time

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 10:27 AM PDT

    My fortress was perfect. A lot of food,barrels filled with delicius beer made by the bests brewers,a lot of tributes of elfs,a good squad of strong dwarves and a giant room filled with robbed artifacts.

    Until they came.

    A giant of 30-40 zombies.

    I doesn't have any defense so my only resource to fight those things was my squad "the gauntlets of iron",the best of the best.they destroyed forgotten beast like paper,destroyed and robbed sites in seconds.

    But they never fighted anything like this...

    My dwarves fighted without fear,the first one in die was my legendary hammerdwarf,then my swordwarf,then the rest.

    Those thing killed my soldiers in second,IN FUCKING SECOND.they entered my fortress and killed the rest of my poor dwarves and my untrained squads "the boots of iron".

    10/10 the best game ever made

    submitted by /u/the_powerful_tim
    [link] [comments]

    [Kruggsmash] Crimsontrumpets 2: Beasts of Plains and Grotto

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 05:55 AM PDT

    Sirus Windpaw, Cheetah woman vs Evala Silverthorn, Swordelf - DFGT VI

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 04:31 PM PDT

    [the long night] went a little overboard making a symbol

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 11:05 AM PDT

    [the long night] went a little overboard making a symbol

    idk if to post this here or the meme subreddit but i started up the long night then made this while messing around in the symbol maker thing

    https://preview.redd.it/504ayzgoxkf71.png?width=409&format=png&auto=webp&s=a9a090067ac52845b4020cbf037bd6ab0b1e174f

    submitted by /u/leviand1
    [link] [comments]

    Playability with mouse for disabled gamer

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 12:11 PM PDT

    Hi guys, I've recently discovered dwarf fortress and watched some videos with my brother and he seems to think it would be a fun game to try to get into based on how hilarious some videos / review / comments about it are. The only issue is that he was diagnosed with ALS 4 years ago and had extremely limited use of his hands, he can only use a mouse with his right hand and is limited to only right and left clicks. Is this game playable like that? Or are there modifications that can make it possible?

    I'd very much like to see him enjoy a new game, since it's pretty hard to find him stuff he can really get into other than RTS games like civilization or AOE.

    submitted by /u/Agitated_Alligator46
    [link] [comments]

    Kind of interesting - I found this civilization in my world where the sole survivor and king is a necromancer!

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 02:05 PM PDT

    Playable kobolds in adventure mod, No mods explanation in comments

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 07:42 PM PDT

    Clamavi De Profundis have put me in the DF mood again!

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 02:50 AM PDT

    A biblical punishment... subverted by a brat

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 03:50 PM PDT

    Metalbalded journal, entry 11

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 09:26 PM PDT

    We've run into some unexpected… snags.

    First, the good. One of our animal trainers, Nil Sazirostar, had her creative zenith come upon her, and she crafted Ibeltost Fokáshunos, "Zenithvise the Hungry Wail," a magnetite floodgate bedecked with our people's most expensive gemstones. It glimmers with diamond, ruby, and emerald. I value it as the most expensive thing our town city has yet produced, bar none. I do not know where to place it. A matter for another time.

    I technically fulfilled the liaison's request for a military; we now have ten dwarves, the leader of whom, naturally, is commander Imush. They all have steel arms and armor. None of them has any skill whatsoever with their chosen weapons (other than Imush), but a military is a military.

    We had another migrant wave, bringing us up to one hundred eighteen dwarves total. This most recent wave was led by Mafol Kokebrigòth, a farmer. Always more work, always happy to have more laborers. I've expanded the forges and smelters to increase our steel output.

    Now, the bad.

    The trade depot deconstructed while the wagons were within. No one was injured, but the wagons were utterly destroyed. I'm not sure what caused the deconstruction; a problem with building with ice, perhaps? Whatever the cause, the marchants dejectedly left all of their wares scattered on the ice floor; without the wagons, they had no hope of carrying it anywhere. I am glad for the unexpected surplus, but it will take months to move all of it to rebuild the depot (out of stone, this time).Further complicating issues, the liaison refuses to meet with me to discuss anything. I tried to explain the situation with our mayor, but she refuses to abandon protocol over trivial matters of the mayor's guilt for murder and being an undead abomination unto all the gods. She is waiting patiently by the mayor's side in the jail, waiting for her release. The mayor, for her part, refuses to speak until she has been unchained. I only hope that the liaison does not lose consciousness down there.

    That is not something I would like to explain to the next liaison sent by the Mountainhome.

    — Vucar Melbilnish, manager, record keeper, and broker of the city of Kelroder, 15th Sandstone, 147


    Entry 1

    Entry 2

    Entry 3

    Entry 4

    Entry 5

    Entry 6

    Entry 7

    Entry 8

    Entry 9

    Entry 10

    submitted by /u/Cabbagetroll
    [link] [comments]

    What's your most [effective, fun, FUN, successful, efficient, inefficient, stupid, dwarvey, whatever] defense mechanism?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 06:22 AM PDT

    I usually build a deep pit with some weapon traps on a 1 tile wide path above it, with some stairs leading back out so any survivors will just try again. This works fine for the average goblin invasion, but anything that avoids traps will just run right through. I tried drowning chambers a couple of times, tried some things with magma, but I have yet to design something that I really enjoy. Particularly for forgotten beasts and the likes. What are some things that you came up with in your forts? Bonus happy thoughts for more unorthodox methods.

    submitted by /u/japie81
    [link] [comments]

    THE PINK PANTHER!?!? THE UNDEAD PINK PANTHER KING FROM THE YEAR 1?!!? ON A FLOODGATE OMG! 'this is a Highwood floodgate. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality blah blah , , ,. This artwork relates to the ascension of the Dwarf grave corpse Tholtig Wheelislands THE PINK PANTHER to KING in 1'

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 02:45 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment