• Breaking News

    Friday, August 6, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 05:09 PM PDT

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    ☼Fortress Friday☼

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 05:08 PM PDT

    Our weekly thread for posting interesting events without cluttering up /r/dwarffortress. Screenshots, stories, details, achievements, or other posts are all welcome here! (That includes adventure and legends mode, even if there's no fortress involved.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    A cavern collapsed deep underground and now I have a massive overflowing volcano at my doorstep

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 01:28 AM PDT

    Intercontinental Bridge

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 04:08 PM PDT

    Started experimenting with creating playing cards. I will probably post updates later [OC]

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 08:44 AM PDT

    Ideas for a "fun" start

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 07:39 AM PDT

    I've played dwarf fortress on and off for about a decade now. I have my standard troop of dwarves I take to almost every biome, with minor adjustments.

    Standard affair. Miners, growers, carpenters etc.

    I'm looking to hop back in this weekend, was trying to wait for the steam release but I've got the itch.

    Does anyone have any fun ideas for how I should kit out my starting dwarves for a not normal game? I'd love to hear them.

    submitted by /u/SidhwenKhorest
    [link] [comments]

    Gladiator tournament round 3 gladiators matchups!

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 07:13 PM PDT

    Oregon Trail-esc journey

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 09:40 AM PDT

    I am just beginning Dwarf Fortress again, but for a means of story writing. I generated the world and noticed a lone volcano directly in the center of the map (counted and everything lol), I want to start far away from the volcano and move my base towards it once I think I'm ready (for "The Journey was Harsh" purposes). Is it possible for me to even do this in Dwarf Fortress mode? Or do I have to get a mod for it (which I can't find)

    submitted by /u/RedditouilleTerry
    [link] [comments]

    That's a beautiful name.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 09:37 AM PDT

    Adamantine processing and the forges of Straphelm have produced great works..crowned by the most recent artifact, Bubnusvuknud, an adamantine high boot. My dwarves seem obsessed with this hoary marmot woman who settled in the Finger of Glowing in 101.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 10:14 AM PDT

    At the center of the kingdom Nîleszon, Straphelm. For long years we defended against goblin and necromancer monstrosity sieges, while growing our numbers, wealth, and power. Now our might will sweep the land clean of the evil that plagues it!

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 06:20 PM PDT

    Is There Anyway To Get 2nd Cave Layer Animal-People To The Surface? (Safely Or Not)

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 02:07 AM PDT

    So I found a tribe of hostile snake-people, most of which being spearmen. Obviously my first thought was to find an area above to begin recreating Sens Fortress from Dark Souls 1 for future goblins trauma. But I don't know a way to move hostile creatures that can't easily be trapped. Is there some kind of way to knock them out and or if possible to use cages, chain them up preferably without costing a dwarf each time

    submitted by /u/Shiny222
    [link] [comments]

    Building new pc tomorrow this will be the first game I download!

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 09:43 PM PDT

    Like the title says I'm building a fairly decent pc tomorrow. Ryzen 7 5800, 16 gb 3600mhz 16 cas ram , sli 4 SSD, gtx 1660 super (planning on upgrading gpu when I can pay msrp for a better card and only paid 280 for the 1660 which 2asva killer deal)

    I played the game years ago but was always turned off by the time it took to create worlds and how laggy it could get if you made your map size to big, especially as your fortress grew in complexity.

    Will my new pc be able to create worlds faster and handle larger maps?

    submitted by /u/ohyaa1
    [link] [comments]

    Metalbalded journal, entry 12

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 09:19 PM PDT

    Another two settlements tied themselves to us while I waited anxiously for the mayor's sentence to end. Razorbridges, a day to the northwest, and Sabretomes, a half-day to the north, have turned to us for protection and economic security.

    The vampire was released from her chain and immediately engaged the liaison in conversation. The liaison asked her who should become BARON of this land, and my heart sank. There was nothing stopping the vampire from installing herself as nobility for eternity. For reasons I still do not understand, she chose instead to make our chief medical dwarf, Doren Oshurmeng, our first true nobleman. As the vampire walked into her carved out tomb, she did not complain. She only smiled at me as the mason placed the last brick in the wall that would separate her from us forever, never to feed on another living being again.

    Kel Dallithoslan, child of one of our carpenters, had the creative madness take him. This is the first time one of our children has created an artifact, and it did not disappoint. His labors produced Mözirsut Sholkikenen, "Routedbled the Devious Illnesses," a reindeer bone throne.

    Our new baron will need a throne room. I do not know why the vampire chose him.

    I do not trust him.

    — Vucar Melbilnish, manager, record keeper, and broker of the city of Kelroder, 5th Moonstone, 147


    Entry 1

    Entry 2

    Entry 3

    Entry 4

    Entry 5

    Entry 6

    Entry 7

    Entry 8

    Entry 9

    Entry 10

    Entry 11

    submitted by /u/Cabbagetroll
    [link] [comments]

    Quick heads-up: saving, quitting and restarting can make some problems go away

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 02:50 PM PDT

    I know a lot of folks here probably have always this present when they encounter a problem, but still. I have been playing this game for a long time and sometimes forget it.

    I just came from playing a fort where a kitchen would not be deconstructed, no matter how many times I ordered it. Also, there was a couple of pieces of wall the dwarves would simply not build. There was, additionally, a craftdwarf workshop that didn´t process the jobs given.

    Everything was as it should be (related jobs were activated, no restricted zones were near, there was pathing and all necesary objects were avaliable...) and yet they would refuse doing the things mentioned.

    It fixed itself upon quitting and restarting the game. Lo and behold, everything was done in the first 30 seconds after loading. Nothing had changed. Sometimes, it seems, this is simply the way to solve problems.

    Anyway, take care and have !!!FUN!!!

    submitted by /u/Ghost1069
    [link] [comments]

    File Locations in Ubuntu

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 04:03 PM PDT

    Hey, everyone. Potentially stupid question; where the hell does DF store d_init.txt under Ubuntu? I thought for sure there would be some data in my home directory, but there isn't, and I've just about scoured every location I can think of.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Moominified
    [link] [comments]

    Siege appears and disappears

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 08:08 PM PDT

    Hey, I'm some two years into my fort (70 pop) and I've had several sieges appear on the edge of the map, one tile deep. However, when I unpause they immediately leave and the siege is lifted. I'm using LNP in pretty much standard configuration and no other mods. I remember this happening last time I played years ago too.

    What's happening?

    submitted by /u/Pettyrelic
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment