• Breaking News

    Monday, August 16, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 07:22 AM PDT

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Accidentally trapped my trade depot

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 08:45 AM PDT

    Carnage at Shipivy

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 02:20 AM PDT

    My Urist McUnhappy

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 08:12 AM PDT

    My Urist McUnhappy

    I'll introduce you my Urist McUnhappy : The Fisherdwarf Asmel Salultirist

    https://preview.redd.it/dw823qcuhqh71.jpg?width=296&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=9d428cef39a5b38c94940a285006f2340575d114

    Looks nothing serious, just bit unhappy, right?

    Well I'm Newb (this actually is my second fortress) and don't like Fun thing, so I'm trying to be as careful as possible.

    My 5-years-old Metropolis is working well, with many satisfied dwarves, but I found only one unhappy dwarf.

    Fisherdwarf, who don't want to be caught in rain. So I disabled his labor, and watched - but hey his stress is still increasing.

    I checked his though, and looks like he want to craft something. But as I already have two legendary +5 craftsdwarf (and 1 legendary +1 craftsdwarf), I didn't plan to give him a job. I just made him borrow to worship.

    But his stress is still increasing. So I checked his trait and-

    https://preview.redd.it/dn0iifw3iqh71.jpg?width=312&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=3371a9469d9c53f483ea242ab28f7a80f4355a57

    Uh oh. I don't really know well about traits, but short reading on wiki tells me this is 'not good'.

    Then I realized I have some place for him to practice craft - I actually had one vacant klin. In my metropolis there wasn't single one who has pottery job enabled. So I enabled him pottery, and made him bedroom.

    Yup, bedroom. I used dormitory for everyone (except novels). As I said this is my second fortress, so I followed instruction of wiki well. I thought dorm is good for small sized fortress (and never thought I would hit metropolis) so I used dorm. But I decided to give him small bedroom.

    Before this year, stress level of Urist Mcunhappy was 18k. Now his stress level is 11.2k.

    Hope you happy, Urist McUnhappy!

    Image of Urist McUnhappy, praying to Sarvesh or whatever.

    submitted by /u/dhnam_LegenDUST
    [link] [comments]

    help - cannot display items on pedestal

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 07:08 AM PDT

    help - cannot display items on pedestal

    Hi!

    I'm fairly new to the game and built some pedestals, however when I try to display something on it there is no option.
    Am I missing something? Or is it perhaps a bug?
    I'm running version 0.47.05, without any mods on linux.

    https://preview.redd.it/8m86m58g8qh71.png?width=404&format=png&auto=webp&s=32cb65f34ec1eacc3493e2d30ed155e6fb106b87

    submitted by /u/zsolt691
    [link] [comments]

    Unemployed animals are running amok

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 08:21 AM PDT

    I noticed that my animals, pastured or free-range, are occasionally flashing the cyan ? which I understand means "No Job"

    ...Why are my animals upset at their lack of work, and how do I make them feel fulfilled in life so they stop trying to cause FPS death?

    submitted by /u/Nose_Fetish
    [link] [comments]

    The fall of my first fortress.

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 05:10 PM PDT

    I was recently hacked and lost my first fortress.A ransomware infected my system and encrypted all the information on it.

    submitted by /u/Alternative_Bet_191
    [link] [comments]

    Curious about Dwarf Fortress 2D on Steam

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 08:52 AM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    I don't know much about this game but I just watched a documentary about it and got me interested.

    I have a question about the 2D version. I don't know much about coding either so not sure if this makes sense.

    My question is: How is dwarf fortress going to be developed? Since the game has been developed and became extremely complex for like 15 years now, is the developer going to take that code and implement somehow graphics on everything, or did he create everything from scratch and just takes slowly parts from it, or only takes the best parts?

    submitted by /u/pikareded
    [link] [comments]

    The curse of thirst.

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 12:32 PM PDT

    So, after a failed attempt at getting back to the game, where my rusty brain killed my fort with my first digging designation as they continuously collapsed the caverns on to themselves faster than I could stop it, I decided to try again, but this time not as dumb. I found a nice spot where two rivers merged, with waterfalls and plenty of resources. I even connected the two rivers with a channel to create a whole moat! It worked great until, in my neglect, the dwarves ran out of drink.

    APPARENTLY the water of my dwarf-made waterfall was now too enticing to resist, as I start up my game with 11 dwarves, and rapidly watch in horror as they all go careening down the waterfall carrying buckets. By the time I had even figured out what was happening, three dwarves were dead, and I got to see two more attempt to drink the forbidden liquid. The expedition leader was the 6th dwarf to fall down the waterfall, where they managed to cling on for dear life until they decided it was nap time and promptly drowned.

    submitted by /u/DiceAddiction
    [link] [comments]

    Dwarf Fortress Gladiator Tournament: Upgrade Post, Semi-Finals

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 03:52 PM PDT

    Document Hub

    The following managers were victorious Round 3 and therefore are eligible to upgrade their gladiators for the next round:

    The Arena Personnel asks you to provide your upgrades as soon as possible. The deadline is the Nineteenth of August, 17 GMT. We ask for your understanding on these matters; we need time to run and process the fights.

    Don't forget that the upgrades are to be sent in the private messages to this account!

    Good luck and go with Armok!

    submitted by /u/dfgt-Quartermaster
    [link] [comments]

    I'm looking for a mod.

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 07:03 PM PDT

    Basically, I've been playing a mod called the long night (you may have heard of it), and I want to mod the game so that ancient nanotechne (the long night's version of adamantite) can be duplicated using corroded metal like the other nanotechne varients in the mod. Anyone got any tips?

    submitted by /u/Korblox101
    [link] [comments]

    Tutorial de Dwarf Fortress em português! (DF tutorial in portuguese!) 2021

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 10:26 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment