• Breaking News

    Friday, July 2, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress My take on Guildhalls

    Dwarf Fortress My take on Guildhalls


    My take on Guildhalls

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 10:58 AM PDT

    My gladiator, Arachnida Chop Suey! Art commissioned from my talented friend. Glory to Arachnida!

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 06:34 AM PDT

    Usa was a forgotten beast. It was the only one of its kind. An enormous one-eyed parrot. It has a pair of squat antennae and it is ravening. Beware it's fire. Usa was associated with water lies and caverns.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 10:29 AM PDT

    Site Generation After Fortress/Adventure Mode

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 06:22 PM PDT

    Recently I've been trying to play on a single world for multiple years to really get into the lore and events and civilizations and also to answer some questions for myself regarding site changes AFTER world generation.

    In one world I halted world gen around year 5, played a single fortress until one of my dwarfs randomly became king (a civil war happened in the previous capital and that king was slain).

    Multiple forts later and various adventurers across nearly every civ took me up to around year 25.

    Here, I saw an established hippie village, that I had visited prior with a few different adventurers, start to generate the trenches found in a goblin pit(Legends told me that site had been taken over by a distant goblin civ).

    I had also noticed, can't confirm if it was there previously though, some new buildings in a human hamlet that I don't remember being there a few prior with a different adventurer.

    So as any good Urist McEinstein I started some science in a different world where I simulated world gen for 500 years. In this new world a necromancer tower first generates in year 59 (59-9-22 exactly)... PERFECT!

    I regenerate that world and stop world gen around year 56, Legends tells me the necromancer dwarf has no events from 56 until 59 when she leads her group over and founds the tower site. (In year 56 she is already the group ringleader).

    I found a fortress about 5 squares away from the future tower using a civ that the dwarf has had no contact with.... MONTAGE OF DWARFY THINGS IN FORTRESS MODE... and play until year 60.I retire the fortress, check with Legends, but our dwarf necro never founds the tower.

    Ok, redo, maybe I was too close to the future tower's site. I pick a civ on the other side of the map, again no contact with the necromancer, and play until year 60, but still no tower.

    So I've seen so far that sites can change and generate new buildings (goblin trenches over elven site) however I'm not sure (and also can't find definitive info) regarding the ins and outs of possible site changes after world gen.

    Questions and Theories:

    - Game generation differs between world gen and during fortress/adventurer mode? Maybe I just need to wait longer for the necromancer to eventually settle?

    - Is it that existing sites can have changes made to them, but brand new sites can't form post world gen?

    - Maybe I just need to track down the necromancer in adventure mode and science more...

    TLDR:

    What are the specifics about site changes AFTER world gen?

    • -*EDIT* New dwarven fortresses can be founded by other civs during fortress mode.
    • - Existing sites seem to be able to generate additional buildings/features?
      • *Confirmed trenches appearing in sites that have been/are invaded by goblins.
    • - Can new sites ( necro tower specifically) generate during fortress mode, adventure mode?

    EDIT: Similar post from 7 years ago, no definitive answers however:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/1pjlj0/necromancers_and_tower_creation_fortress_mode/

    submitted by /u/President_Wolfe
    [link] [comments]

    Noob Necromancer questions

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 08:04 PM PDT

    I just stared, my first fort was a complete failure because I didn't understand the game and all my dwarves died of thirst. My now second fort started better, but my first migrant wave had a necromancer. I thought that was cool and didn't worry, but the necromancer was also a hunter, killed an animal, abs raised it. Then my whole fort was dead except the necromancer. Can I save the fort and make an undead sanctuary or do I have to start over again? How would I make a necromancer fort work?

    submitted by /u/Unit_Omega000
    [link] [comments]

    Uhh... I think I just slaughtered a couple trader's wagons, I guess they're not going home with all their stuff!

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 04:51 AM PDT

    Dwarf excessively vomits after having artery ripped open and leg mangled, he seems pretty alright with it.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 12:18 AM PDT

    [Tournament Art] Yoko the Former Beetle Woman

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 07:45 AM PDT

    [Tournament Art] Yoko the Former Beetle Woman

    So here is my hero forge characterization of what it is my character :P

    "AAAAAarrrrrmooooOOook AAAAarrrMMooooOoOk"

    https://preview.redd.it/he8pswqkat871.png?width=734&format=png&auto=webp&s=aaa158d26ceac2d39c3e215550e5f2d63d265293

    submitted by /u/CalamarRojo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment