• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 27, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress Progress on my most successful fortress yet!

    Dwarf Fortress Progress on my most successful fortress yet!


    Progress on my most successful fortress yet!

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 06:09 AM PDT

    Thanks, Avudal.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 12:07 AM PDT

    Istrathdôbar [OC]

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 02:43 AM PDT

    Forgot the cavern gate open.. fortunately, my crack defense force was up to the task

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 07:21 AM PDT

    Just children playing outside

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 03:32 PM PDT

    Gladiator Tournament - Tips & Tricks

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 10:51 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    Last year I send a wonderful min-maxed steel scimitar-wearing Foul Blendec into the tournament, just to see it cut down in the first round, purely because of the lacking Discipline skill. Silly mistake, the gladiator just gave up and stopped striking the enemy.

    To help newcomers and old veterans alike, here some pointers to make your gladiators better and enjoy the tournament more, based purely on my wonderful experience of losing two years first round. XD

    • Take a few levels in Discipline. Stops your fighter from giving up. Otherwise he might panic once injured.

    • Gauntlets/Helmets are the most important armor pieces. Get pierced in the torso or a feet cut off, and you can keep fighting. Get your brain injured or lose your weapon hand... you are done for.

    • Feather shields! Feather wood is lighter than the rest. Heavier gear slows down a gladiator, therefore feather is the best choice.

    • Armor layers If you are wondering which clothing/armor covers which parts... here you go.

    • Weapons Remember that your gladiator might use oversized weapons, but without full force if they are too small. A kobold with a 2-H-sword doesn't deal much damage. Get something that fits your gladiators size.

    • Tools/Crutches are weapons! You can pick non-traditional weapons, especially if you are a large gladiator. Lots of strength behind a platinum crutch or ladle is not to be scoffed at. Or a dexterous fighter using carving and boning knives.

    • Heroforge is great for character art. It's a website for custom miniatures, https://www.heroforge.com , but you can design most DF units, with the proper weapons, shield and armor. For example here is my Crimson Gremlin.

    • Bet on someone other than you, never bet everything. That way you can keep being involved in the tournament, even if your gladiator dies.

    You can find the current sign-up here https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/o84jhy/the_sixth_annual_rdwarffortress_gladiator/ :)

    Cheers,

    Meph

    submitted by /u/Meph248
    [link] [comments]

    This is what happens when you give the humans their own island...

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 10:14 PM PDT

    I had forgotten how !Fun! Dwarf Fortress is.

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 12:43 PM PDT

    It's been a wile since my last fort was ended by a firebreathing lobster so decided to make another fort. Booted up the game and spent an hour on the embark screen perfectly customizing and falling in love with my starting seven. Clicked e and spawned in next to a river on top of the regular alligator soon to be known as "Stoppoems" who as soon as I loaded in killed all seven of my dwarves.

    10/10 game. Would recommend. I thought I would be spending my weekend in fortress mode but it seems I will instead be playing an adventurer on a quest for some nice alligator shoes.

    submitted by /u/PrinceOfPuddles
    [link] [comments]

    Experiments are fun

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 03:04 PM PDT

    Someone's noticed my catsplosion prevention measures

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 03:18 PM PDT

    Why are there only certain people I can elevate to a high status.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 03:02 AM PDT

    I recently got a really good medical person (I'm playing a kenshi mod) in a migrant wave and it turns out I can't select them as my head healer (in the nobles screen). It seems I can only select from a handful of individuals in my fortress of sixty, the same also goes for selecting a militia captain.

    I don't know what causes this problem so if anyone can help me I will be very grateful

    submitted by /u/RustyBrusher
    [link] [comments]

    dwarf spy discovered

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 09:17 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment