• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 2, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress My game just generated the America's and the Greenland too!

    Dwarf Fortress My game just generated the America's and the Greenland too!


    My game just generated the America's and the Greenland too!

    Posted: 02 May 2021 11:01 AM PDT

    LinuxDwarfPack 0.47.05-r2 (DFHack r1)

    Posted: 02 May 2021 08:06 AM PDT

    Simple pack for Linux that includes:

    * DwarfFortress 0.47.05

    * DFHack 0.47.05-r1 + TwbT + kloker (NEW!)

    * Dwarf Therapist v41.2.2

    * Legends Browser v1.19.2

    * Announcement Window v1.3.0

    * SoundSense-RS v1.5.1 (NEW!)

    * compatible DFGraphics tilesets: Spacefox, Ironhand, Phoebus, Vettlingr, Meph ...

    Ubuntu/Debian and tar.bz2 packages available here: https://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=7393

    .rpm, arch and .AppImage versions also available here: https://github.com/McArcady/lnp-forge/releases/tag/0.47.05-r2

    For feedback or support, see: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157712.0

    submitted by /u/McArcady
    [link] [comments]

    Dwarf Fortress Terrarium

    Posted: 01 May 2021 02:47 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I am posting this here as I didn't want to clog up the questions thread as this really isn't related to playing Dwarf Fortress in any capacity.

    My idea is simple on paper, have a small pc that plays dwarf fortress using the df-ai mod forever (obviously it will die at some point but you get the idea) and attach it to a cheap monitor I have to create a Dwarf fortress terrarium constantly on as a set piece.

    Issues:

    1.I've used df-ai before (a friend showed it to me and I thought it was fun to watch with stonesense on) but it pauses when the fort dies, you have to manually reset it.

    Possible solution: I could figure out how to code some sort of constant if-then check but I honestly don't know enough about coding to figure that out right now, so if anyone does have an idea let me know.

    1. What would be the best PC to run this, I've found some mini pc's such as the Barebone DeskMini or this HP. Essentially I don't care about cost if it needs to be higher but the requirements are being able to run this setup without crashing for as long as possible (I plan to make the terrarium openable to clean on occasion, and so could reset on occassion as well) and be as energy efficient as can be.

    All that said, posting here for advice and ideas on how to make this happen! Appreciate the help

    Edit 1: saw the Raspberry pi idea and think that is a winner (when they get in stock) as for the automatic restart it does indeed do that on its own (at least on the newest install of DF). Now I just need to build this thing for which I already have the monitor mounted in a 3d printed case with some room. Once the pi gets to me it should be as simple as putting it together and posting pictures!

    Edit 2:

    The game instance is done, I tested on my desktop and it will auto reset and was able to run for 12 hours unattended, leaving on for the week to see how it goes. Raspberry turned out to be unusable but I do think the idea of old office computers can work. For diy instructions I followed the usb bootable dwarf fortress tips commented in this post and am using essentially a small hdmi monitor hung on my wall. Once whatever computer arrives and tests well I will be 3d printing a case for everything. I'll post what the final parts and designs will be when done.

    submitted by /u/istayfrosti
    [link] [comments]

    So this is a thing

    Posted: 02 May 2021 06:41 AM PDT

    Furries, In my fortress!

    Posted: 02 May 2021 09:59 AM PDT

    The Dwarf Fortress Roundtable Podcast has released Ep. 50: In Which the Gang Gets Meta

    Posted: 02 May 2021 10:26 AM PDT

    Future of the Fortress 1 May 2021: "The necromancer path comes about from having the intrigue plot 'undead animator world conquest', ha ha ha... this plot should be given to any animator that has a dream of ruling the world."

    Posted: 01 May 2021 03:20 PM PDT

    Cavern Hints?

    Posted: 02 May 2021 10:44 AM PDT

    DFHack scripts to export/import (some) adventurer data

    Posted: 01 May 2021 10:36 PM PDT

    Hi!

    I created a set of DFHack scripts to export/import adventurer data. I often found that I would want to continue my adventurer's journey in a different world. Retraining my stats ended up being pretty annoying, so I decided to take the opportunity to learn Lua and play around with the DFHack API.

    At the moment, these scripts only handle attributes, skills, and professions (so I can have the same character icon when using tilesets). I hope to expand this script to make a near carbon copy of my adventurers, though I don't really know how feasible that is yet.

    You can download these scripts at: https://github.com/Quanzu/df-adventurer-exporter

    submitted by /u/quanzu
    [link] [comments]

    The Bay 12 Games Report, May 1st, 2021

    Posted: 01 May 2021 03:15 PM PDT

    The Spanish Fortress is here again!! [ESP/ENG]

    Posted: 02 May 2021 09:00 AM PDT

    Here it is. The first 13 levels of the "Abyss"

    Posted: 01 May 2021 02:58 PM PDT

    here some pics: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rk34zER-FNOGxSP6QJ21TwotyGXLwJ4J

    not quite as in the manga but it's all I can do XD added some details cuz it seemed fun and since the first cavern is really low it will take a while for the fun to begin.

    feel free to use it however you like and comment your opinionshttps://drive.google.com/open?id=19Hd9Bl3YK80m5zQdF0r_8mktYk8X7c5H

    also note that I generated some logs and I'm using fastdwarf, autodump or it would take an eternity to dig and haul

    8 legendary miners already

    submitted by /u/testing35
    [link] [comments]

    DevLog 1 May 2021: "And here's a report. Also a future of the fortress reply."

    Posted: 01 May 2021 03:11 PM PDT

    Found this gem of a codex in my world gen

    Posted: 01 May 2021 03:37 PM PDT

    Favorite Tilesets

    Posted: 01 May 2021 04:38 PM PDT

    What are some of yalls favorites tilesets? I've just been using the default graphics but I wanna try out some tilesets for my next playthrough.

    submitted by /u/Emojesus0925
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment