• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 30, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress I created a bedroom and dining room for my Sherrif in my prison fortress (everyone else sleeps in the barracks). It's also a bit of a cruel torture area for my prisoners b/c they watch him eat while they starve. Also the staties are of mussels.

    Dwarf Fortress I created a bedroom and dining room for my Sherrif in my prison fortress (everyone else sleeps in the barracks). It's also a bit of a cruel torture area for my prisoners b/c they watch him eat while they starve. Also the staties are of mussels.


    I created a bedroom and dining room for my Sherrif in my prison fortress (everyone else sleeps in the barracks). It's also a bit of a cruel torture area for my prisoners b/c they watch him eat while they starve. Also the staties are of mussels.

    Posted: 29 May 2021 08:41 PM PDT

    Don't mess with geese...

    Posted: 30 May 2021 12:04 AM PDT

    armor for wolf men fits dorfs and weighs a bit less

    Posted: 29 May 2021 01:33 PM PDT

    took a look at http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:List_of_creatures_by_adult_size, found out that you can craft armor and clothing for humans and dorfs alike, useful if you get many human visitors who want to become citizens. whenever you craft armor/clothing via the manager hit d for details and search hyenna or cougar men for the size. on the other hand wolf men are smaller than dorfs but their armor still fits, the wiki states emu men should fit too, but it's not true for me as it states ingame in the manager screen that the armor then is actually small.

    crafted one masterwork set in iron for both dorfs and wolf men then put each item on a pedestal to easily find it. the weights are this (hope text scales properly, writing on mobile)

    item wolf/dorf

    helm 6/7

    b.plate 14/16

    m.shirt 16/19

    greaves 19/22

    leggings 19/22

    1x gauntet 1/1 guess it can't go lower than 1

    1xhighboot 2/3

    so with a full iron set with 2 gauntlets and high boots you've a weight of 80 in wolfman sized armor and 94 for dorf's fit. Crafting a mail shirt still took 2 bars for the wolfman size. I guess mil dorf recruits with bad armor skill could profit a bit from lesser weight and ofc the fact that once you get many human citizens you don't have to create different armor sizes.

    wolf men = lighter armor

    hyenna/cougar men = armor that fits dorfs and humies

    edit stupid mobile browser formating

    submitted by /u/botwoncemu
    [link] [comments]

    Mega City Plan!

    Posted: 29 May 2021 09:38 PM PDT

    Mega City Plan!

    Remember Tower Bloxx? Well I have a better idea, how about build a gigantic mess of skycrapers and add so many layers and layers of streets(highways?) between roofs so that no sunlight is capable to reach the fround? A ridiculous layered city tuned up to eleven? I present you the future plan for Hourmined, the city of steel!

    the plan for the ground level, it consist 17 skycrapers

    Stupid Render of the plan of the city in external software better known as Minecraft. Each block is estimated to be around 10*10*8, the peak of the city shall be around 110 z level tall.

    It might took some time to complete though...

    submitted by /u/PHLP_N
    [link] [comments]

    Dwarf Fortress - Yet another tutorial part 2 - Time for booze

    Posted: 30 May 2021 12:03 AM PDT

    When your son doesn't become the cheesemaker you wanted him to be.

    Posted: 28 May 2021 10:28 PM PDT

    PSA on Dwarf Therapist migration_wave() scripting method

    Posted: 29 May 2021 02:21 PM PDT

    I couldn't find this information in the documentation for Dwarf Therapist, but if you are interested in filtering dwarfs by their migration wave with scripts in Dwarf Therapist, the number from the migration_wave() method appears to be formatted like so:

    The number has a total of 8 digits. The first 3 from the left are the year, and the next one represents the season (0=spring, 3=winter). So if I want to filter for the migrants that arrived in the summer of the year 251, I would use this code (parentheses added for readability):

    d.migration_wave()>251*(10**5) + 1*(10**4)

    This still requires more experimentation however - I'm not sure where the digits end up if you have a 4 digit long year for instance. However I hope this helps the next person that tries to use this method to help filter their dwarfs.

    submitted by /u/pufferfish911
    [link] [comments]

    26 Undead obliterate my 126 Dwarf fort .... FUN!

    Posted: 29 May 2021 03:32 PM PDT

    Last fort succumbed to zombies, RIP. Time to start a new one. I finally installed Kruggsmash tile set to kick it off. Backseaters welcomed!

    Live Now : https://www.twitch.tv/lefawndah

    submitted by /u/Lefawndah
    [link] [comments]

    I just started learning dwarf fortress. If I may, I'd like to write about what I like about this game and why I feel struck by a strange mood playing it.

    Posted: 28 May 2021 04:28 PM PDT

    As a pretext, it should be noted that I knew about this game and the insane happenings in it for years, I've read boatmurdered, lurked on the Bay12forums and as of late even watch Kruggsmash. But only now I started playing it.

    I instantly got addicted to it. Dwarf Fortress brought that feeling of wonder and amazement that videogames had when I was a child back to me. Maybe you know what I'm talking about, that naive feeling that open world games(I can but take examples from my own childhood) like, the Jak games, GTA San Andreas, or even crazy taxi evoked: The feeling that what is happing on the screen is not just a bunch of code in action, but a living, breathing world where everything is possible.

    Of course, my first fortress is not good. It basically is a hole in the ground where migrant children get entombed in the walls to starve them to death, but more often than not I find myself amazed at the bizarre situations that play out on- and offscreen without my influence. I mean, a giant chipmunk annoyed my dwarves, so a miner went out and struck it so hard with his pickaxe that all of its teeth flew out. Then, another guy ran out, picked up the teeth and he (I assumed) created some ivory bolts (only later I learned that I was mistaken and he was crafting normal bone bolts, not sure what happened to the teeth.)

    Then there was a lot of miasma, because some Urist McUncleanly kept his half-eaten, moldy bread in the kitchen for a year - turned out: "Urist McUncleanly cancels eat - reason: too depressed."

    I love it, I suck at playing it, but I love it - it is exactly what I thought video games were when I was a kid, but it is even better, as actually anything can and will happen. Of course you know all of this, but I just wanted to tell of that - don't get me wrong, but I feel like I personally have to thank Tarn Adams for bringing back the wonders of my childhood.

    submitted by /u/ThrowawayGhhfuhhijgh
    [link] [comments]

    Reposting a story worth reading: The Saga of Weatherwires, The Doom of the Diamond Cloisters, Children of Dwarves by /u/Zombie_Giant_Sponge , Alternatively known as DS on the DF forums.

    Posted: 29 May 2021 10:51 AM PDT

    This is a saga. It chronicles the rise and fall of Weatherwires. The prose is masterful.

    I belive that this is a story worth reading, so i'm reposting it.

    You can find a compliation here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14lQhE-rPk2H_kPA61WR5sp6xw0ifR196TjQFmBe8TEk/pub

    You can find the original forum post here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=93279.0

    Edit: you can find /u/Zombie_Giant_Sponge 's original reddit post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/3clzfd/the_saga_of_weatherwires_a_depressing_novellength/

    This is not mine, i'm just reposting it because i feel it's a story worth reading.

    submitted by /u/booleanfreud
    [link] [comments]

    It's my first time playing adventure mode. my fox died, I'm unironically sad

    Posted: 28 May 2021 04:30 PM PDT

    Genocide/gore discussions on this sub

    Posted: 30 May 2021 02:31 AM PDT

    Am I the only one who is getting seriously disturbed by all the gore and sadistic stuff that is routinely mentioned in this sub as a FUN story in DF? Yeah we fight elves but joking about elven genocide? WTF is wrong with you.

    Now there's this guy who says he made a torture room for hungry prisoners to watch their captor eat.

    I mean you can do that but making a post about it and the design, specifically to point that thing out?

    We're not in Dachau simulator subreddit here, folks...

    submitted by /u/ror6ax1
    [link] [comments]

    I don't know how I can help her achieve this, but I think I am gonna rename her to 2020

    Posted: 28 May 2021 03:33 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment