• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 13, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress I think I see a connection...

    Dwarf Fortress I think I see a connection...


    I think I see a connection...

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 11:47 PM PST

    My take on martial trance.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 06:33 AM PST

    The Most Offensive You Ever Did See

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 05:02 AM PST

    The Most Offensive You Ever Did See

    I think Zefon's been at the cavern shrooms again...

    I'm not sure how, exactly, but one of my masons has crafted a fine statue of.... nothing? This is probably a bug, and someone can probably tell me what I did to cause it, but I thought it was kinda funny so I stuck it in the statue garden. I think this was a mistake because now I'm getting dwarves with negative thoughts about "remembering [nothing] ." etc. So I guess they don't share my weird sense of humor and don't think an empty statue base is funny.

    I find their offense to this statue to be kind of hilarious honestly-- again, weird sense of humor-- but it made one guy so mad he tantrum'd so I guess I better remove it...

    ... Alternately, it's a black hole, and if you stare into the void for too long, the void stares back. I guess that could make you a little crazy after a while.

    submitted by /u/PogostixWithAnX
    [link] [comments]

    Corkscrewed a Dragon in the Face!

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 12:08 AM PST

    So my first dragon showed up and they are indeed a glass cannon. Green scales, black eyes and medium size. Playing in a world only 340 years old, so she must have been young. started out by lighting the whole forest on fire just to kill my sentry cat (RIP). Hilariously the dwarven caravan was leaving at the exact same moment and I had to close my trade gate on top of a wagon. Two wagons got out and burned to death. Happy to say the dragon was not able to melt my drawbridge gate made of chert.

    It then took the long way around toward my trap hallway. It had no trouble with the two caravan soldiers who immediately sought revenge by running out the back door and being eaten. A third one jumped/dodged off my long bridge, fell several stories into the caverns and may still live if he wakes up. The dragon then entered my killing hallway, setting off many traps, none of which made contact until a giant iron corkscrew landed the first and last hit straight into its brain.

    My entire army was waiting around the corner to make their way into the story books, but amazingly I lost no citizens. Just a cat.

    submitted by /u/applestabber
    [link] [comments]

    The version number in each release is the percentage of the game the developers feel is complete.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 05:35 AM PST

    If you want all the features, think about that the game is less than 50% done. We are at 47.05%. Just needed to have a reality check for the new members of this amazing community. Time is subjective.

    submitted by /u/shiny_dots
    [link] [comments]

    Hmm yes, courage.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 10:31 PM PST

    Second-ish attempt at mass producing custom GIANT worlds with quite long histories (2003 years, as a start) and heaps of megabeast lairs. It will definitely be FUN to read events in the legends mode and see how the history unrolls!

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 11:59 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment