• Breaking News

    Friday, March 12, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 04:09 PM PST

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    ☼Fortress Friday☼

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 04:08 PM PST

    Our weekly thread for posting interesting events without cluttering up /r/dwarffortress. Screenshots, stories, details, achievements, or other posts are all welcome here! (That includes adventure and legends mode, even if there's no fortress involved.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Dwarven diplomacy

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 01:57 AM PST

    The results of my overnight 1100 year world gen. I was hoping for "interesting"...

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 06:28 AM PST

    The mandates... they won't stop!

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 10:06 AM PST

    Made a fort then retired it. Made a party consisting of an albatross man and woman and retired them in the fort. FF a bit and I look in the Kitchen and, uh...

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 06:35 AM PST

    The Watchful Eyes Ep. 6: Baron's Throne

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 09:52 PM PST

    Bizarro Fortress (or, What Even Is Futuretour)

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 06:55 AM PST

    Fellas, I gotta tell ya, this is the strangest fortress I've ever seen.

    Zaludsigun, they call it — "Futuretour". At first I thought it was some weird attempt to flex, but now I can't say it's not some kind of grim warning about what's yet to come.

    We're situated, evidently, between a couple of necromancer's towers. Not that I saw them on the map when we were preparing to embark. Which means that, upon arrival, it was time to get underground fast before we got ransacked by regiments of rotting remains.

    In the process of digging the main stair shaft, no less than two adjacent settlements tell me they're looking to Zaludsigun as the shining economic future of our people, seemingly because we saw a gold nugget once while digging. This does not fill me with much hope for getting any meaningful outside assistance.

    Which in hindsight seems accurate, since we have yet to see a migrant caravan larger than three dwarves. Hopefully this coming spring will compensate for the current dearth of support.

    So, backtracking a bit — come autumn, our liaison arrives...

    ...he's an elf.

    We have precious little to trade, only raw materials, and barely enough to barter for a barrel of beer, but that doesn't stop him from offering to incorporate our settlement as a barony. Hopefully we'll get some more assistance now? I'm not holding my breath.

    Oh, remember how I said we're apparently next to a couple of necromancers? Yeah, the locals could give two shits about that. In fact, the locals generally act like they're on some pretty strong drugs. If they saw a failed experiment wandering around when we were still outside and settling in, they'd all circle up and start fucking kicking it until it ran off the map. I think it's a game to them. Maybe it's just something in the water here, or something they're not sharing with the class, but most dwarves I've dealt with before run screaming from a capybara, let alone an unnatural, shambling horror.

    Which brings us, specifically, to our woodworker. Onol fucking Stukosarzes. Armok help me, I'm scared of this woman. Couple months ago, we had a cave crocodile slip past the cavern entry and bolt up ten flights of stairs — I'm used to them sticking near the caves — and jumping the fucker when he's building a workshop. She responds, apparently, by taking the opportunity to curbstomp the beast. Now there are teeth everywhere in the craftsdwarf's hall, and we're still picking some of them up.

    Even with no teeth, multiple mangled toes, and a sizeable dent in its skull, the croc managed to take out one of our militiadwarves (who for some reason decided that attempting to wrestle the damn thing was a better idea than hitting it with the pick he'd been mining with the past six months) and severely wound two others, shattering one's hip and breaking the other's neck. They lay there paralyzed for close to a month while we hollowed out a quick space for a hospital. Reg Inethosor, our self-proclaimed "doctor" (read: amateur diagnostician and nothing fucking else, except for apparently some kind of wizard, maybe) commences treatment of the maimed duo, and, before I can even process that they're in the hospital, they're up and wandering around again like nothing ever happened.

    Oh, and somehow, four of our twelve remaining dwarves are already legendary at something. It hasn't quite been a year since we arrived, and we haven't had any strange moods. Hell, even having workshops is a comparatively recent development.

    Now we're cut off from the outside world by a half-dozen zombie goblins, which we have neither the weapons to fight nor any fuel to make weapons with. Fortunately, there's no way they'll be getting past the floodgate portcullis we rigged up, so we just have to hope that these mindless husks get bored and wander off.

    If we don't all die in the next couple of winters or somehow blow up the mountain on the way, I wouldn't be surprised if these knuckleheads end up going all the way to the cotton candy.

    submitted by /u/Pneumatrap
    [link] [comments]

    Actcircles "Bidokoshur" An artifact steel crossbow also created by my civ The Plain Gear. It's encrusted in cushion cut melanites and decorated with horse hoof and dog bone. On it is an image of a dwarf in jet. Turns out crossbows are much more complex than spears to draw, hope you enjoy it!

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 03:41 PM PST

    The forgotten beast Bâsentithleth Kun has come!

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 09:30 AM PST

    Fuck Monster Slayers. All my homies hate Monster Slayers.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 12:15 PM PST

    I'm doing my first cavern fortress and every week I have another petition for a new Monster Slayer to move in. I think nothing of it, I mean, of course everyone wants to live in my amazing fortress. So I'm about 20 hours into the fortress and the first goblin siege shows up. Bad news but I've got 10 naked dwarves with iron swords so I'm feeling pretty good that I can save the fortress with extreme losses. Then I look on the map and see a massive hoard of well armored and equipped goblins led by a lasher with a silver whip.

    I'm am sitting here wondering why my small fortress has such a large invasion force attacking it. Then I notice I have a population over 80 with 30 of them being Monster Slayers hiding in the caverns. Over half my population is Monster Slayers and children. Shit, I can't even zerg the gobos with naked peasants as they out number the zergable population.

    I'm shields down right now and can't just wall off. If the monster slayers would stop drinking all my booze and go buy time for us to wall off I'd be fine but no, they don't follow orders they just want to kill themselves on forgotten beasts

    Sigh, now I understand why other fortress have drowning chambers with "caverns" written on the door with crayons.

    submitted by /u/PrinceOfPuddles
    [link] [comments]

    There's a grief that can't be spoken, there's a pain goes on and on, Empty =chairs= at empty =tables=, now my friends are dead and gone.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 06:48 PM PST

    had a nice giggle while picking an emark spot

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 01:18 PM PST

    I realized too late that I FUNed up

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 05:39 PM PST

    Hello folks. About Scorch Fountain.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 10:32 AM PST

    Do you have any idea to what happened to it? And what about Moldath? Is he dead? Where is he?

    submitted by /u/Joseias_BR
    [link] [comments]

    Fotthortôsed, The first artifact of a new fortress.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 12:46 PM PST

    Interpret This!

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 09:26 AM PST

    Interpret This!

    Found out one of my macedwarves is putting the fort's literature to an unconventional use.

    https://preview.redd.it/t9a4nsatofm61.png?width=1634&format=png&auto=webp&s=29f6c4708ca57274051223e81018f4bf01ea3570

    submitted by /u/an_insult
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment