• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 9, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress I decided to Generate a world on all high settings and this is what resulted

    Dwarf Fortress I decided to Generate a world on all high settings and this is what resulted


    I decided to Generate a world on all high settings and this is what resulted

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 07:35 AM PST

    I decided to Generate a world on all high settings and this is what resulted

    TL;DR: Fellowship of the evil, elves forced to live in deserts, death continent, epic last stands, ultimate imperialistic dwarven empire.

    year 1050 Age of Myth

    Still in the age of myth; also with over 800 forgotten beasts. When you set megabeasts to very high the game generates a high number in proportion to world size. So very high on a small world is way smaller in number, and so because of a ridiculous amount of monsters the world is still in age of myth

    Future World is it's name and it has two main continents. On the leftern continent I kept reading the destruction of multiple dwarven civilizations by the same group, which also happened to be dwarven, and upon further research I seemed to be correct about it being a necromancer tower as it employed ample armies of the undead

    The Truthful Helm is a necromancer group that has integrated or purged most of the continent. They are a-okay with allowing living sapients to join them and have a thriving community of Giant olm people, but because of the nature of armies of zombies didn't leave many survivors when they were around

    https://preview.redd.it/q9u8luxcwgg61.png?width=857&format=png&auto=webp&s=7459b93206878c993bb95287d5a4bf8e3f429598

    Of the many civilizations they destroyed one was a goblin civilization: The Bulbous Evil

    They slaughtered the goblins, and I suspect that is where they got their army of undead from anyway. As the necromancers finished purging the southern end of the continent they were locked in a guerrilla war with the last members of the Bulbous evil. Only 30 members of the goblins survived and most fled. Some even somehow got to the other continent, but a handful fought on and I dubbed them the Fellowship of Evil

    All of their attacks on the necromancers were successful despite only being a few, and I wondered why

    Look at those pets....

    It's because they're all riding dragons and commanding jabberers!!! Move over Gandalf we don't need your eagles! Where we are going we don't need eagles

    The Fellowship successfully prosecuted the war until the Truthful Helms ceased to exist as a government. While their armies of the dead still live they are undirected and the necromancers are scattered and don't seem to be looking to rebuild.

    But in other good news: Elves are mostly extinct with most being integrated as slaves or into dwarven society the last free elves live here:

    yeah we got zombies, but least there's no elves anymore

    The last elves live here in a ruined forest retreat that is in a desert....literally no nature, and they're surrounded by armies of the dead so they can't leave. So being immortal and all they're essentially trapped in hell.

    We also have many random outcasts from the woods all over the world. The last goblin of his civilization on the other continent is on this one and he has lived in this camp since the world was first formed. A 1050 year old exile and last living piece of his peoples history

    With the forces of death and evil killing each other off the rest of the continent has been absorbed by the dwarves. 1/6 of the world's goblin population (well over 100k) belong to this dwarven civilization

    one of the few late history worlds where I've seen dwarves successful

    They rule the continent really. The wilds might be full of undead, outcasts, etc but the lands belong to the dwarves.

    The only other civs left not absorbed are the goblins and humans. Dwarves made peace with the goblins after beating them a ton. Most of the goblin settlements are in the frozen north where they've willingly lived in isolation for decades.

    Currently the goblins Most Wanted enemy is a polar bear woman who keeps breaking into their pits and stealing food from them

    Humans only notable achievement on this continent is spreading their religion successfully to be the dominant one, and other than that they mainly just die or get enslaved.

    On an island far to the east since early in history an elf has lived in exile here. What actions must an elf do to be exiled here by GOBLINS? and to have to stay for centuries?

    Now all of this was just the left or western continent. The eastern one is one anarchic destructive mess as no one civilization has won and megabeasts have played a more proactive role in history.

    Although even turning on legends mode for this world kills my FPS a part of me still wants to play around in this world. Who do I join? Bring back one of the many extinct dwarven peoples? Help expand the dwarven empire's lands? Maybe go adventure mode and face one of the many many dangers lurking in the wilds including the Fellowship of Evil and their dragons

    submitted by /u/WarriorofArmok
    [link] [comments]

    [Kruggsmash] Murderhall: Stress Test

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 03:04 AM PST

    So. A bird woman joined my fort and now my dwarves are eating her eggs...

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 08:10 AM PST

    I don't play often but this is the coolest name I've seen generated.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 08:52 AM PST

    Time-lapse of temple decoration, complete with gold floor paths and magma

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 12:48 PM PST

    Pumping Magma -- returning player

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 08:41 AM PST

    Hey all, it's been a while since I've had a fortress and I decided to give DF another whirl before the big Steam release (coming one day).

    First off I have to say I really am enjoying some of the dfhack additions to the game (I'm using the lazy newb pack). embark-assistant worked flawlessly. Labor manager and workflow make a lot of the mundane tasks so much more approachable. Do I miss dwarf therapist? I donno. Maybe.

    Also, I think I got 10 dwarfs in 2 squads started for a military. I must have gotten lucky this time and not missed any steps.

    So, I've discovered that I have a magma pipe coming close to my working levels and I want to build a small pump stack to bring up the magma up a dozen layers or so. I have a couple questions:

    • I imagine I will just use dwarfs to power the stack
    • Once I get the magma up to where I want it I can quit pumping?
    • How do I know if I have 'enough' magma?
    • How do I make sure my dwarfs stop pumping before I have to deal with too much fun?

    That's all I can think of, but it's been several years since I've done this so let me know if I need to think about other things.

    submitted by /u/gigarob
    [link] [comments]

    A new one to me: "Dark Dwarven Pits"

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 06:45 PM PST

    Worst injury a Dwarf / creature in your game ever was dealt?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 01:02 PM PST

    Be it getting someone's legs and arms chopped off in a single strike or an animal surviving an attack with such extreme wounds it should have died.

    What are some unique experiences?

    submitted by /u/Kyokyodoka
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment