• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 27, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress And that, dear dwarves, is why you don't throw a tantrum in a temple.

    Dwarf Fortress And that, dear dwarves, is why you don't throw a tantrum in a temple.


    And that, dear dwarves, is why you don't throw a tantrum in a temple.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 05:39 AM PST

    I'm starting to color code my mason jobs

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 08:49 AM PST

    FPS Death preventative measures 2021

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 10:24 AM PST

    What are some things that you can plan ahead for to prevent a slow FPS death?

    Such as:

    No large amounts of running water

    Constant dwarf pathing slowing down CPU

    Animals trying to pass through impassable doors

    Ect.

    submitted by /u/HarryDresdenStaff
    [link] [comments]

    This child might have been too obsessed with trains

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 10:48 PM PST

    So, I think my dwarfs were a bit on the nose when the named the inland sea at the heart of this map ...

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 06:19 PM PST

    Apparently, a good portion of my visitors has arrived to relax in this pool of stagnant water.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 10:26 AM PST

    Apparently, a good portion of my visitors has arrived to relax in this pool of stagnant water.

    They shouldn't be stuck due to the sides of the pond being slopes and I even made a staircase at one point but no they haven't moved since they just seem to enjoy the water. (And no they aren't dead)

    https://preview.redd.it/iywd3asrb2k61.png?width=390&format=png&auto=webp&s=2172b1d6a01d2169702bbe11123d814953c2b7a9

    submitted by /u/Alexalmighty502
    [link] [comments]

    player driven DF world idea!

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 12:18 AM PST

    ok so i have been playing some adventure mods lately and i thought about a really cool idea:

    what if a world was made and passed between players so that most of the places and forts and cities were player made, you could use mods like all races playable to play as all races (shocker i know) and wage war on other player empires and sites,

    also i would be very cool to wander a world like that in adventure mode and affect things like by becoming a king or maybe using a dragon to kill a site or becoming a necromancer and causing havoc.

    or just wandering around and seeing all things people made over time.

    my ideas on how to do that:

    you can make a world to stop generation at year 2 for example and make it with a very low site and population caps so the only sites that will be there will be the ones the empires spawn with,

    then the world could begin circulating between players and the player made history can begin,

    maybe there could be a public latest version of the world where every one who just wants to look around without effecting the main version, and maybe people who want to play and effect the world can place their name in a queue along with the amount of time they will need the world for.

    i think it would be and extremely cool long term project and i would like to hear what the community

    thinks about this.

    hell if there is enough people who are serious about this i can make a discord server or something and make it happen.

    pls tell me what you think, if you would be interested, and make suggestions on how to make it happen!

    edit 1:

    so a few people have mentioned that things like nacromancer slabs wont be avilable because the only generate in world gen and so i have worked on this for a bit and i mannged to spawn a slab with the secrets of life and death useing DF hack so if this project goes through there will be necromancers.

    submitted by /u/CringyDabBoi6969
    [link] [comments]

    Streaming Dwarf Fort with the Pokemon mod. Come watch! I'll add the VOD here after.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 06:59 PM PST

    VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/929962535

    https://twitch.tv/flakaby

    Also, I'm playing the whole gen 1-6 Pokemon OST with some channel point stuff to add to it!

    submitted by /u/flakaby
    [link] [comments]

    my kinda art inspired by DF

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 04:23 PM PST

    I am terrible at drawing, but I wanted to share some of art with you guys.

    In past I posted some of my drawings but they were jokes, this is still, but I kinda like it.

    First is represantion of BLOB of ash
    https://prnt.sc/107ywr2

    Nothing special, just blob. with eye. I kinda make hole for food (?) kinda they need to eat right?

    Second and third are just two type of wings. Birdy and of bat. I kinda can't remember when I saw last time Bat-ish FB but I remember a lot keas, and flying FBs

    https://prnt.sc/107ywcj

    I can't remember is there specific description of wings in game.

    but anyway check this out too:

    https://prnt.sc/107ywnj

    Thanks for reading, and i just noticed that there is new patch. O.o

    I hope moderators will not remove this post :)

    submitted by /u/Leverquin
    [link] [comments]

    Tbh I think the game's world design could be better.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 04:47 AM PST

    I have been playing this game for a while, and I am quite unsure of why the game is considered an amazing story teller when each world is the same. You encounter the same creatures, you can ALWAYS expect certain monsters and threats. There are many things like gods and artifacts, yet these are just random junk being thrown around in some civilizations that never becomes a world religion. Like, everything isn't "special" it's just somewhat random.

    I am quite confused as to why this game is considered a great storyteller.

    submitted by /u/dcsadsasddsadsa
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone find modding more fun than actually playing the game?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 05:35 AM PST

    I just got finished making another mod (I like making crossover mods between DF and some of my other favourite games, http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=178168.0 shameless plug) and I was about to actually start testing it in-game, but I dont really feel like it. I just want to do more modding. This has happened to me a lot when I do other mods. Is that unusual?

    submitted by /u/ahcrapusernametaken
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment