• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 23, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress This fort is off to a great start!

    Dwarf Fortress This fort is off to a great start!


    This fort is off to a great start!

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 09:07 AM PST

    Rate my circus entrance

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 04:39 PM PST

    Cultural spread mechanics are amazing

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 11:02 PM PST

    It is the year 127, and all of my dwarves are worshiping Sitsu, the trickery goddess, ardently. It is rare to find any dwarf that follows any god as strongly as they do her, and many dwarves follow only her. The odd thing about this complete devotion? According to legends, Sitsu is a human goddess of trickery, from a nearby human civilization.

    Unfortunately, I am still piecing together my civ's adoption of this foreign goddess, as even with legends viewer, there's currently no good way to track how many people worship a deity. I believe the foundation of this exchange may be the alliance my civ and the human civ Sitsu originates from formed against goblins in the year 6, that still exists today. However, based on some research I did into a badass general that died in 58 and many of her relatives, I think Sitsu worship was not common among my civ before that point. If we skip forward, my final data point is a cult which the mother of one of my new migrants was a prophet of. This cult, of Sitsu of course, was located in a human settlement, but the members were expelled in 105 because apparently people can raise distrust against cults in world gen now, and while I don't know about remaining members, the migrant and her mother settled in a dwarven fort. Since this was only 22 years ago I don't think it caused the absolute dominance of sitsu and think I must still have some earlier information missing, but I'm really enjoying piecing together this adoption of this human goddess so completely by my civ.

    As you can no doubt tell, I'm absolutely fascinated by this mechanic and would love to hear if anyone else has cool stories tied to it.

    submitted by /u/WorriedRiver
    [link] [comments]

    My fort so far

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 05:44 PM PST

    24 Nobles. 60 year old fortress.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 06:46 PM PST

    Drowning chambers are overrated.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 12:27 PM PST

    Best Geology Mods

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 04:31 PM PST

    Not a lot of games focus on geology, so imagine my excitement when I found this game. I'm really impressed with what the Adams brothers have done, and honestly I just want more of it.

    Can anyone suggest a mod that just goes ham with the geology? I've seen Vettlingr's Geology Overhaul but he hasn't made it public yet.

    submitted by /u/Environmental_Bee_98
    [link] [comments]

    Crafting a Masterwork: An Introduction to Dwarf Fortress

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 04:07 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment