• Breaking News

    Monday, January 25, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 06:22 AM PST

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Unfortunate, but a lesson nonetheless for newbie

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 04:00 AM PST

    Lichs

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 08:30 AM PST

    I cannot believe this has not been added yet and I hope it gets added in the future because there are many possibilities when it comes to lichs and even many types of lichs.

    To become a lich I would think one would have to be a spell caster and become a necromancer then do some sort of spell, drink an evil concoction, and have an item to use as a phylactery. Another way could be finding a spell to use to prolong your life and "accidentally" become a lich Would also be cool for there to be spell books that are artifacts that can teach you how to use certain spells or become a mage Maybe also have wizard/lich towers that are something like necromancer towers except with spell books, many traps, and heavily gaurded... I love this game cause of all the possibilities!

    There could even be elven lichs like Baelnorns and maybe an "anti-spell" that only works on dwarves where any magical effect is useless on them; good or bad

    This game has so much potential that it is mind blowing

    Note: maybe the only way to become a spell caster, besides starting out, is to convince a wizard to train you or maybe a lich if you are evil/undead or the lich is good

    submitted by /u/R_L_STEIN
    [link] [comments]

    Neat two minute Guildhall tutorial! I've noticed a lot of people don't realize how useful they are!

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 06:42 PM PST

    Above Ground Village

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 04:01 PM PST

    I Absolutely love the feeling this playstyle offers, it is more challenging and fun, you have to deal with flying critters, building is more diverse and it offers so many different options (2 floors temple, decorated 4 floors inn) and you can even advance in technology (once you have your Quarry operational you can now build buildings using stone).

    Playthrough last less but are definitely more memorable to me.

    submitted by /u/PaxAndPaw
    [link] [comments]

    Vanilla Human Fort with an extra Twist

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 03:34 PM PST

    Well, as the title would suggest, I just started a new fortress and to my surprise there isn't a dwarf to be found at my fortress. My suspicions arose when I got an alert that "The Humans have suspended construction on Carpenters workshop". Which I found peculiar. I switched over to dwarf therapist and set the filter to race. I was even more surprised than I thought possible. I had 8 starting "dwarfs" a Two-humped camel man was also a part of the fort. I had 8 humans and 1 Camel man. I have never experienced something this bizzare in the time I've been playing. If anyone wants a copy of the save I am more than willing to link it later. Please... if anyone has answers or suggestions I will gladly take them and post results later down the line.

    I just use LNP so I don't belive I have any crazy mods installed.

    UDATE: Something happened! I don't know what happened really, but everyone is dead! Something caught fire and engulfed the colonists. I wasn't very far into it really. I had just chopped a couple trees and started a small entrance to what was going to be the fort when the fire broke out.

    Once everyone was dead I decided it might be a good idea to look through the legends. I tried to load it up through Legends Viewer and I get an error after selecting the world's legend file. This is becoming a very interesting world.

    submitted by /u/Dunderlust
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment