• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 25, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress Loyalty Cascade + Necromancers = FUN

    Dwarf Fortress Loyalty Cascade + Necromancers = FUN


    Loyalty Cascade + Necromancers = FUN

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 12:17 AM PST

    Just FYI, alt-15 lets you type in ☼ for Reddit

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 07:34 PM PST

    Hold alt and type 15 on the ☼numpad☼. Works on just about every subreddit I've been on.

    submitted by /u/Automobilie
    [link] [comments]

    New Fortess, same problems

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 04:27 AM PST

    My last world was infested with some kind of werebeast plague, so today I made a new world and a new fortress. And my first migrant wave has a dwarven necromancer poet. Suspicious. I'll be watching you buddy..(skipping ahead, barely).. a Dwarven necromancer thresher leads a 80 undead strong seige onto the map, at the exact moment I tore my wallgate down to expand my surface level pastures. Purple sus. My militia sacrifice themselves, buying enough time for the civilians to rush to the burrow. They wall up the surface behind them. Excuse me while I spend the next decade strip mining magnetite for weapon traps, to create the kind of tunnel that would make Indiana Jones wee himself.

    I almost suspect that this citizen of mine is somehow a spy, working against my fortress from the inside. For now, he has been relegated to the caverns, on eternal wood cutting duty, where I hope he gets eaten by a spider.

    submitted by /u/S_A_Noob
    [link] [comments]

    I've been neglecting the dwarfs' stress management in this place of abhorrent filth and vampires, time to see if we can stop them going insane haha (VOD will be in the comments after the stream is over)

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 08:19 AM PST

    The Guild of Strangeness - Ep. 1 [Dwarf Fortress Adventure Mode]

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 01:10 AM PST

    World generation having an impact on generated creatures

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 06:02 AM PST

    World generation having an impact on generated creatures

    I've been playing with the advanced world generation and made a cool world. The max temperature is 25 and minimum is -50 or something like that. Most of the world is tundra, taiga or glacier with a small temperate band at the equator.

    When I go into legends, I see this is the goblin's leader. A turtle composed of ice. And there's plenty of ice to be found in this world. Do you think it's a coincidence or nah?

    https://preview.redd.it/g5jqetjm7e161.png?width=941&format=png&auto=webp&s=0db675a0f04042669dc5b4862a165d3d731822dc

    submitted by /u/Wingedwolfserpent
    [link] [comments]

    What does your ideal world look like? What do you look for in a world?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 07:59 AM PST

    I've been messing around with world gen, and creature attributes to try to get interesting and good looking worlds.

    I'd ideally want it to be a world with a pretty even population distribution between the major races, but plenty of room to expand such that it's easy to find a decent embark location. However, I'd also want it to be somewhat tight where civs end up, so it's interesting to adventure. I'd want a long history with at least three ages, and a massive world, so there is plenty interesting about it. I'd not want evil to be too widespread, but more like a hand full of evil areas to keep it interesting.

    I think it's nearly impossible to achieve because of computational limitations, and how unpredictable races, titans, and other beasts. Usually Goblins are super overpopulated, and Kobolds die immediately. We stay in the age of myth because no one can defeat the titans or other mythic beasts. Changing the game files to allow kobolds to survive, and goblins to not be immortal is something. I've been using PerfectWorld, but it still doesn't generate quite what I hoped for as far as civs.

    What do you look for in a world, and what does your ideal world look like? What do you do to generate your world? Have you ever messed with the creature files to have a new result?

    submitted by /u/NanookoftehNorth
    [link] [comments]

    The queen consort herself came to discuss trade agreements with my wagon "fort"

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 04:22 PM PST

    So, while I test some forts and check if an added noble for elves and humans come to discuss trade agreements, I only build the depot to have the merchants and other come near my wagon.

    I literally do nothing.

    No tree chopping, no carpentry, no masonry, no farming, no brewing, no gathering, I do nothing.

    And somehow her majesty the queen consort came to my "fort".

    submitted by /u/Redman9012
    [link] [comments]

    [Stream] New fort and we just got a Queen in the first month, this'll be fun! (Live 3-4 hours)

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 07:09 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment