• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 25, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress I think I have won a fun lottery.

    Dwarf Fortress I think I have won a fun lottery.


    I think I have won a fun lottery.

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 07:14 AM PDT

    This is an engraving of a human necromancer. The human necromancer is striking a menacing pose.

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    Here's my next tutorial all about adventure mode and how to get started. It presumes a working knowledge of fortress mode but no knowledge of adventure mode. I had a lot of fun with adventure mode and found that playing made fortress mode an even richer experience!

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 08:07 AM PDT

    Emergency Suppy Room : This stays locked unless a dwarf cannot complete a mood. one stockpile for each item : Stone , Stone block , Wood, Metal bar, Gems (cut), Gems (raw), Glass (green), Glass (clear) Glass (crystal), Bone, Shell, Leather, Cloth (plant), Cloth (silk) & Cloth(wool)!

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 04:17 PM PDT

    Year 2 of the Hot Potato Challenge

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 04:53 AM PDT

    Tonight kicks off year two of the hot potato challenge on twitch! What is that you ask? It's a challenge where 5 streamers (including me) are overseers to the same fort. Each year we pass it onto the next in line and tonight is my turn.

    I'll be playing from 6:00PM-8:30PM EST. You can find me at https://www.twitch.tv/mossygriffin

    Be there or be an elf.

    edit:grammer

    submitted by /u/mossygriffin
    [link] [comments]

    Sieges

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 10:07 AM PDT

    I've got a fortress that's doing well, and haven't had any sieges only a few hill titans, is there any way to provoke a large goblin siege or something other than just digging to the circus? Just to correct my dwarfs good fortune

    submitted by /u/ultramarine0123
    [link] [comments]

    Playable dragon race mod

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    So I'm trying to make a playable race of dragons, and for some reason that I cant figure out, they wont spawn in. The error log says it cant find the entity creature token for my dragons, the internet has been absolutely useless so any advice would be highly appreciated

    submitted by /u/thatdragonperson9
    [link] [comments]

    Immersion problem as a new player

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 12:50 PM PDT

    I've been aware of DF for a few years now, but only recently decided to give it a try. I'm using the Lazy Newb Pack and found a tile-set that I really like.

    There are so many things I love about this game. Z Levels, in-depth manufacturing processes, no research tree to slug through, the world gen system with its history and all the random ways you can have fun!

    But I'm having trouble immersing myself in this game. I came to this game from Rimworld, ONI and Factorio and I feel like unless I pause DF every few minutes and read through walls and walls of text I'm missing a large part of the game.

    Are there mods or utilities that help present all of the information of my fortress in a more visual way? I like the UI from a game-play perspective, I'm a developer and I found that I quickly became proficient with the console-like commands.

    Take Dwarf Therapist as an example, are there similar utilities that would give me a more visual overview of my inventory levels, production status and etc?

    submitted by /u/sparkyboomguy
    [link] [comments]

    Update on Colossal (Semi-Megabeast)

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 07:13 AM PDT

    Yesterday I asked how to create a creature based upon Eox from the Legend of Zelda series. With your great help, and the raw files of the Bronze colossus, I was able to create the sandstone colossal. However, I am experiencing a little trouble with the creature itself. It seems to fall over whenever it is spawned into Arena Mode for example. I don't understand why. Below is the raw file:

    creature_colossals

    [OBJECT:CREATURE]

    [CREATURE:COLOSSAL_SANDSTONE]

    \[DESCRIPTION:A towering giant wooden framework covered by a thick layer of sandstone who wishes to establish a civilization.\] \[NAME:sandstone colossal:sandstone colossi:sandstone colossal\] \[CASTE\_NAME:sandstone colossal:sandstone colossi:sandstone colossal\] \[CREATURE\_TILE:'C'\] \[COLOR:128:64:32\] \[SEMIMEGABEAST\] \[DIFFICULTY:10\] \[ATTACK\_TRIGGER:40:1000:10000\] \[ALL\_ACTIVE\] \[AT\_PEACE\_WITH\_WILDLIFE\] \[EQUIPS\] \[EXTRAVISION\] \[FANCIFUL\] \[NO\_DIZZINESS\] \[NO\_DRINK\] \[NO\_EAT\] \[NO\_FEVERS\] \[NO\_SLEEP\] \[NOBREATHE\] \[NOEMOTION\] \[NOEXERT\] \[NOFEAR\] \[NOSTUN\] \[NOT\_BUTCHERABLE\] \[NOT\_LIVING\] \[NOTHOUGHT\] \[LARGE\_PREDATOR\] \[LARGE\_ROAMING\] \[ODOR\_LEVEL:0\] \[SPHERE:CREATION\] \[SPHERE:MINERALS\] \[BIOME:ANY\_LAND\] \[BODY:HUMANOID\_NECK\_4ARMS:3EYES:HUMANOID\_JOINTS\] \[BODY\_APPEARANCE\_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110\] \[BODY\_APPEARANCE\_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110\] \[BUILDINGDESTROYER:2\] \[CANOPENDOORS\] 

    [ATTACK:PUNCH:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:GRASP]

     \[ATTACK\_SKILL:GRASP\_STRIKE\] \[ATTACK\_VERB:punch:punches\] \[ATTACK\_CONTACT\_PERC:100\] \[ATTACK\_PREPARE\_AND\_RECOVER:3:3\] \[ATTACK\_FLAG\_WITH\] \[ATTACK\_PRIORITY:MAIN\] \[GAIT:WALK:Sprint:219:10:3:657:50:LAYERS\_SLOW:STRENGTH:AGILITY:STEALTH\_SLOWS:50\] \[GAIT:WALK:Run:438:5:3:657:10:LAYERS\_SLOW:STRENGTH:AGILITY:STEALTH\_SLOWS:20\] \[GAIT:WALK:Jog:657:NO\_BUILD\_UP:5:LAYERS\_SLOW:STRENGTH:AGILITY:STEALTH\_SLOWS:10\] \[GAIT:WALK:Walk:900:NO\_BUILD\_UP:0\] \[GAIT:WALK:Stroll:1900:NO\_BUILD\_UP:0\] \[GAIT:WALK:Creep:2900:NO\_BUILD\_UP:0\] \[GAIT:CLIMB:Scramble:731:10:3:2257:50:LAYERS\_SLOW:STRENGTH:AGILITY:STEALTH\_SLOWS:50\] \[GAIT:CLIMB:Faster Climb:1525:5:3:2257:10:LAYERS\_SLOW:STRENGTH:AGILITY:STEALTH\_SLOWS:20\] \[GAIT:CLIMB:Fast Climb:2257:NO\_BUILD\_UP:5:LAYERS\_SLOW:STRENGTH:AGILITY:STEALTH\_SLOWS:10\] \[GAIT:CLIMB:Climb:2990:NO\_BUILD\_UP:0\] \[GAIT:CLIMB:Slow Climb:4300:NO\_BUILD\_UP:0\] \[GAIT:CLIMB:Creep:6100:NO\_BUILD\_UP:0\] \[GAIT:SWIM:Maximum Swim Speed:731:10:3:2257:50:LAYERS\_SLOW:STRENGTH:AGILITY:STEALTH\_SLOWS:50\] \[GAIT:SWIM:Faster Swim:1525:5:3:2257:10:LAYERS\_SLOW:STRENGTH:AGILITY:STEALTH\_SLOWS:20\] \[GAIT:SWIM:Fast Swim:2257:NO\_BUILD\_UP:5:LAYERS\_SLOW:STRENGTH:AGILITY:STEALTH\_SLOWS:10\] \[GAIT:SWIM:Swim:2990:NO\_BUILD\_UP:0\] \[GAIT:SWIM:Slow Swim:4300:NO\_BUILD\_UP:0\] \[GAIT:SWIM:Creeping Swim:6100:NO\_BUILD\_UP:0\] \[GAIT:CRAWL:Scramble:731:10:3:2257:50:LAYERS\_SLOW:STRENGTH:AGILITY:STEALTH\_SLOWS:50\] \[GAIT:CRAWL:Faster Crawl:1525:5:3:2257:10:LAYERS\_SLOW:STRENGTH:AGILITY:STEALTH\_SLOWS:20\] \[GAIT:CRAWL:Fast Crawl:2257:NO\_BUILD\_UP:5:LAYERS\_SLOW:STRENGTH:AGILITY:STEALTH\_SLOWS:10\] \[GAIT:CRAWL:Crawl:2990:NO\_BUILD\_UP:0\] \[GAIT:CRAWL:Slow Crawl:4300:NO\_BUILD\_UP:0\] \[GAIT:CRAWL:Creep:6100:NO\_BUILD\_UP:0\] 

    [ITEMCORPSE:STATUE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE]

    \[ITEMCORPSE\_QUALITY:5\] 

    [TISSUE:STONE]

     \[TISSUE\_NAME:STONE:STONE\] \[TISSUE\_MATERIAL:STONE\] \[MUSCULAR\] \[FUNCTIONAL\] \[STRUCTURAL\] \[RELATIVE\_THICKNESS:1\] \[CONNECTS\] \[TISSUE\_SHAPE:LAYER\] \[TISSUE\_LAYER:BY\_CATEGORY:ALL:STONE\] 

    \[SWIM\_LEARNED\] 
    submitted by /u/SilentDereck
    [link] [comments]

    I have this funny feeling there might be necromancers about

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 08:35 PM PDT

    What to do with an abundance of native gold?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 03:21 PM PDT

    What to do with an abundance of native gold?

    Urist likes gold for it's value.

    My newest fort Playcrypts has an abundance of gold, we're talking at least 10 z levels with thick veins of the stuff. What we are looking at here is my planned housing layer; normally I would carve out the bits of valuable metal but I have such an abundance of the stuff that I am considering leaving it in there to increase room value.

    Herein lies the problem: On one hand gold is not in short supply, once the magma smelters get up and running we should be pumping out bars like there's no tomorrow, I should be able to make a ton of gold stuff (saving some nuggets for other projects of course). On the other hand I am not sure what is more valuable an engraved native gold wall or a forged gold item.

    What do you think Urists, should I leave the gold to be smoothed and engraved or mine it out to put it to other uses?

    What do you usually do when your rooms have valuable materials in their walls?

    submitted by /u/acheeseplug
    [link] [comments]

    [Stream] Recovered from a slight water incident, time to get this fort up and running! Design ideas appreciated! Live now! (3-4 hours long)

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment