• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 8, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress Something is up with this entertainer, but not quite sure what...

    Dwarf Fortress Something is up with this entertainer, but not quite sure what...


    Something is up with this entertainer, but not quite sure what...

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 08:12 AM PDT

    New art style looking fresh

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 02:28 AM PDT

    One of my horses somehow got stuck on a tree and now he's starving...

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    And here's me thinking I have to play the dwarf fortress

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    Acceptable elves

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 05:15 AM PDT

    We know our hippies are annoying, but if they would change, which changes would make them acceptable?

    submitted by /u/MtBoaty
    [link] [comments]

    Lazy Newb World

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    I was wanting to get some feedback on what should be in a Lazy Newb Pack world for potentially including with Lazy Newb Packs. This would give players the option to get right into the game in a world that most people would consider to be acceptable. It might also be cool to have a bunch of people on the same world with a shared history.

    I've generated over 30 smaller worlds with long histories so far trying to find the perfect one. Here are things I've been looking for in worlds:

    • All major civs alive (dwarf, elf, human, and goblin)
    • Necromancer sites present
    • at least one 1x1 emark site that contain flux, shallow metals, deep metals, and clay with no aquifers in a temperate, cool, or warm forested biome with all civs in-range.
    • maybe monastery, bandit, or mercenary sites present in the world (but those are kind of rare)
    • save folder size <~20MB

    Please let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions for a lazy newb world.

    submitted by /u/jecowa
    [link] [comments]

    Necromancer resurrecting "generic" intelligent undead

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 10:30 PM PDT

    I don't know how else to describe this. I can't get a picture right now since I don't have access to my computer, but basically, I had a few necromancers move into my fort fairly early on. I also had a cave crocodile crawl into my quarry from the cavern layer, which resulted in a fight and several dead dwarves, two of which were properly resurrected as Grim Hunters. They've been great citizens for years, but another was also resurrected. However, they don't have a name, don't wear anything, don't do anything and, if I try to read their description, it just has the generic dwarf description. They aren't labeled as anything other than "Dwarf Grim Hunter", and are listed as friendly in the "other" tab for creatures. All it does is hang out in the same 10x10 space around where it was raised.

    Anyone know what's up, or had this happen to them? Feels like a bug.

    submitted by /u/Nukesnipe
    [link] [comments]

    Swampcavern's Mightiest Warrior

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 11:46 PM PDT

    A rat skin earring.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 06:10 PM PDT

    Thoughts on the upcoming graphical release

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 02:45 AM PDT

    I am not sure if I am a fan of graphics in dwarf fortress. I feel like the experience of playing dwarf fortress is more closely comparable to reading than playing other videogames, because of the way half of the fun comes from my imagination when I have to translate the ascii-graphics and loose snippets of texts into something comprehensive. I feel like playing dwarf fortress with graphics takes some of that away, kind of like a good movie adaptation of a book that still lacks something.

    I can obviously still play with ascii, this is just the age old fight between using tilesets or not. Though I must admit a wave of new dwarf fortress players some of which won't even give the ascii a change, terrifies me. That is probably just my own ego projecting.

    submitted by /u/Mushroom-wine
    [link] [comments]

    The story of the Mummy that lived in my tavern for years

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    So in one of my fortresses I noticed a particular strange visitor of my tavern. He was a human mummy, and, as I later found out, former king of a human civilization.

    After I retired my fort I checked his history and found out that he was responsible for the deadliest war in the history of my world that occured about 3 years before I started my first fortress in this world. Over a span of about 20 years he raised an undead army and on a single day declared war on several civilizations in his vicinity and took over 14 sites (on a single day!). Apparently he had an army of thousands of undead humans, dwarves, elves, goblins and (probably undead) dogs. He resurrected a part of them as he was conquering the settlements.

    He was also the main reason I retired my fortress, as, during one tavern fight he started turning corpses into undead stalkers that crawled along the floor and caused major havok until one of his own creations struck him down.

    submitted by /u/TigersoftheSea
    [link] [comments]

    So the ghost that was making things extra fun after a particularly Fun siege finally died of dehydration... Didn’t know that was possible.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 01:14 PM PDT

    Starting my first real fortress; what should my style or I suppose gimmick be?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 05:31 PM PDT

    Main idea is in the title. I am using Masterwork DF so that should be borne in mind, but I'm open to suggestions. A couple things already suggested:

    1. Fortress of thieves, lots of focus on raiding for artifacts.
    2. Using freezing water to entomb enemies in a trap

    A couple suggestions I won't be wanting are

    1. Anything that's akin to a "maximum challenge" rule. I'm still fairly new so I don't want to be limiting myself to a pacifist no-metal run or something.
    2. Runs where the only goal is to create a self-destructive fort. Funny to create a fort whose grand trap just turns on all the dwarves inside, but I want the failings to be accidental.

    Any suggestions, from limitations to ideas to even suggestions for what sort of area I should set up in, are very appreciated. Cheers!

    submitted by /u/JudgeRaptor
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment