• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 21, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress I embarked on the beginning of this river and found this structure in rope reed, with a nice campfire in front of it and no inhabitant. This never happened to me before and am pretty excited about it

    Dwarf Fortress I embarked on the beginning of this river and found this structure in rope reed, with a nice campfire in front of it and no inhabitant. This never happened to me before and am pretty excited about it


    I embarked on the beginning of this river and found this structure in rope reed, with a nice campfire in front of it and no inhabitant. This never happened to me before and am pretty excited about it

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 06:55 AM PDT

    I had a bath. I'm very content.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 09:38 PM PDT

    Since you liked my Adventurers, here is a MSPainting of the greatest battle in the history of my fort, Stormlance. They went to Reclaim our fallen capital, Clearglaze, and found it infested with Demons. Things were looking grim. Whole squads were being wiped out until this fateful moment.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 01:48 PM PDT

    My dwarves killed a cyclops, dual wielding two Artifact swords.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 07:10 AM PDT

    Not sure how this happened, but this is very dwarfy. Human traders.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 07:44 AM PDT

    Dwarf Fortress and a Slaves to Armok: God of Blood Chapter One Subreddit.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 11:26 AM PDT

    TL;DR: "Armok is an interesting game and needs to be revived in any way possible, we somehow need to get Tarn to release it, or confirm to the whole fanbase- even on a blog post or FOTF reply- that it doesn't exist anymore. Either way, the subreddit for the game is here."

    We all know Dwarf Fortress at this point, but what about Armok? Armok is a niche title that has been abandoned for quite some time now- but that doesn't mean it isn't unique. Armok has potential to rival DF if it got the love and care it needed.

    No, the source code is not with us, but there is always a chance that we could get our hands on it. If it was released, I know at least a couple of people would want to tinker with it. If enough people were interested, this old game could be given a new life with updates and features- even if said updates would be slow.

    The source code is either lost to time, deleted, or in Tarn's iron grip, but we must find out for sure. If anyone is even remotely interested in discussing the game, putting out a picture, or if you want to conceptualize a new feature, feel free to head over to the subreddit here, and make a post or two.

    I will not give up until I get a definitive answer, and even if I get an answer, good or bad, the subreddit will stay as a tribute to this unique piece of technology.

    As stated, if anyone wants to be part of a cause to see Armok get the respect it deserves, just make a post about it and maybe rally some attention in the forums. I have seen backlash for even talking about the game like this, but this isn't for the naysayers, the trolls, or Tarn Adams himself. He, sadly, may downplay the game's significance- and yes it may mostly be empty- but I see something special here.

    Rallying attention may sound strange, but it might be the only way to find an answer to this mystery. If anyone who has contacted Tarn in the past about this and got a definitive answer, now is your time to shine and clear this up.

    The source code is the key here, even if Tarn may be reluctant to give it up (if it is still around), if the fanbase unites on this front to see it released- than infinite possibilities await.

    Of course, I might be ignorant of this topic. Maybe you all already know the game's fate right now, hearing it now would clear this up.

    Even if all hope fails and Tarn still won't ever release it, or if the game has been lost to time, I still won't stop. I think we should pick up the pieces somehow, or at least keep the subreddit up.

    Dwarf Fortress is an alright game, no question, and Tarn's skills are beyond quality, but Armok could be, too.

    Thanks for your time on the matter, if you are interested, then just make a post about the game and your experience with it. Goodday.

    submitted by /u/WraithfulWrath
    [link] [comments]

    This undead hair killed half of goblin siege, the other half tries to finish it of for 2 months now.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 11:45 AM PDT

    My fortress is at war with its own civ, which is run entirely by goblins.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 11:29 PM PDT

    My civ screen. Top is my parent civ, bottom is my site's government.

    The Faint Helm's noble list. My own only lists my expedition leader.

    Because of this, no caravans have arrived whatsoever. (I don't know if the lack of human caravans is because of this or because they can't reach the site. Elves are extinct in this world.) I also haven't gotten any migrant waves beyond the first two. Human and goblin visitors have been showing up to the tavern, but no dwarves.

    My embark site had several tents with goblins living in them, some of which were labeled "current resident." I embarked on a cave, which I assume is why they were there. My theory is that they were actually part of my own civilization, but also hostile since they're goblins, which caused my dwarves to declare war on the mountainhome when they killed the goblins.

    Interestingly, attempting to send a squad to raid one of my civ's sites still tells me I can't raid my own civ.

    Any thoughts on what caused this?

    Edit: I decided to take a look in legends mode. During the year after I embarked my civ attacked hundreds of its own sites. I appear to have caused a loyalty cascade across the entire civ.

    submitted by /u/Auxiphor
    [link] [comments]

    I have spent over a decade forging an empire from the goblins of the Ominous Hills. This is the result.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 05:52 PM PDT

    The mayor has been stung by a bee!

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 03:34 PM PDT

    ... and I mutter to myself "good."

    By Armok I love this game.

    submitted by /u/imhereforthevotes
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to setup a clothing industry

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 05:06 PM PDT

    I never really think about this in my fortresses because they usually don't last long until i restart. So whats the best way to keep my dwarves dressed and happy.

    Should I grow or trade for cloth? how large a plot do i need to keep my clothes for say 100 dwarves?

    Is it better to go all cloth? do i do a mix of cloth and leather?

    whats the minimum clothes a dwarf needs to be happy?

    should i dye the cloth?

    I use the Lazy New pack so I am use to automating stuff with the manager.

    submitted by /u/JasonP_
    [link] [comments]

    On the theoretical limits of map complexity...

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 06:20 PM PDT

    I'm somewhat new to DF, and I have a question:

    During map gen, if you disable site/population limits and use the largest map size, the game will quickly become laggy and unplayable.

    But, running on a magical computer with infinite processing power, how complex can a no-limit game of DF become ? Will goblins overpopulate and overrun the map, eventually piling up in heaps? Or will the code simply break? Has anyone with a real nice computer ever tried it?

    submitted by /u/Fusciszle
    [link] [comments]

    Streaming Dwarf Fortress for 5 hours, Vod Will be posted in comments once I'm offline.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment