• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 12, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress How cute

    Dwarf Fortress How cute


    How cute

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 04:03 AM PDT

    This game has intimidated me for years. I finally sat down and watched a tutorial and now I feel like I get it! Here's a picture of my first fortress so far.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 11:43 AM PDT

    Found a way to train my military!

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    Found a way to train my military!

    There is a goblin city that has been mostly drained of inhabitants, but still has over a thousand trolls. My plunder missions go up against the trolls and prevail every time, killing a few off. But the skill increases are amazing! Most of my dorfs are legendary now...

    https://preview.redd.it/htsg2y6mbes41.png?width=434&format=png&auto=webp&s=0c2018505890581adf5938018a732ba4d0eea18c

    submitted by /u/Tyler_Zoro
    [link] [comments]

    Chantedfins: Episode 1 - Shadow of the Tower

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 10:09 AM PDT

    My thoughts on the stress system

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 01:34 AM PDT

    I know that there are lots of posts on that topic.

    When I play fortress mode I always try to give what my dwarves want. I try to make them happy.

    Unfortunately this is quite impossible to do, here is what I think should be done to fix the system.

    1. Give the dwarves the right to do what they want. I have problems with dwarves fulfilling basic needs (sleep, eat and drink) but not the others. The game should let them quit quit their work (even military) to fulfill unmet needs. But only if they are badly distracted from it. Just like we would stop working to check our phone because " I really want to".

    2. With that we need to be able to control what needs they are allowed to fulfill. Just like we can control their work. You could then be a total monster and force every one to work like crazy, let them wander if they want or micromanaging it properly for each individual. This create a new "riot" system. If you oppress them for too long they will eventually all quit working because of stress or because of low focus.

    3. We need also a memory system that is not so broken. I mean changing your personality over small things like rain? Or sun? No... The weight of thoughts must be rebalanced. Some personality change could be temporary.

    4. Every dwarf can't have every need. Some dwarves may have all needs but most of them should have 2 needs (other than eat sleep and drink). Not just needs with low impact like it is now. Just not the need at all.

    5. Last and not least. Don't give dwarves impossible needs. "I need to see my family", well Urist you don't have one. In this case it should become socializing need in order to have a family on day. And then be the need to see is family. Same thing with friends.

    6. Not necessary to fix the stress but while I am here. Dwarf personality change with life events, then need should to. I like to work but I after seeing a friend die I want to take it easy, or work more.

    There it is. Long post, maybe saying this here leads to nowhere.

    Anyway thanks for reading my poor English.

    submitted by /u/LittlPyxl
    [link] [comments]

    PyLNP profiles

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 05:22 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm new here as ya might guess. I installed PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack successfully, and launched up PyLNP, and presented with a collection of options and profiles and such, but a quick search doesn't seem to yield much specifics / documentation for a player? I was wondering if people might be able to bestow some elder dwarf knowledge upon me of well, what this launcher stuff does.

    submitted by /u/LjSpike
    [link] [comments]

    I don't Know, Urist. This seems like more than just an ambush!

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 09:30 PM PDT

    New player time! I gave up on my first fort when winter hit, the ponds froze over, and dwarfs started dying of thirst. Looking forward to the fun I'll have next....

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 02:42 PM PDT

    I turned on conversations in fortress mode and one of my weapon smiths started yelling about a bunch of people he murdered

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 12:42 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment