• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 31, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress The seventh year in Rëcusbûnem, "Thirstsoothe", starts nicely...

    Dwarf Fortress The seventh year in Rëcusbûnem, "Thirstsoothe", starts nicely...


    The seventh year in Rëcusbûnem, "Thirstsoothe", starts nicely...

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 02:32 AM PDT

    This is why you should use taverns.

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 11:00 AM PDT

    Animal trainer just had a baby, but it didn't show a husband on her relationships. Then I found a full on marriage spat in my fort(drama in comment)

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 07:44 PM PDT

    Highlight: Dwarves climbing out of things they really shouldnt

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 10:42 PM PDT

    Captain_Duck streaming a new fort tonight

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 02:28 PM PDT

    Hey there, gonna stream some more dwarfort tonight and starting a new fort. I'm using clinodev's latest pack: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14952 and so we will be using vettlingr again!

    I'll stream for something like 4 to 6 hours after this, and afterward ill upload the stream to youtube and will place a link here.

    https://www.twitch.tv/captain_duck

    EDIT: Stream is over, VOD is uploading and will be here in probably an hour:

    https://youtu.be/ykcDv-jTq1M

    submitted by /u/captain_duck
    [link] [comments]

    Really weird bloodbath happened in abandoned fort

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 06:48 PM PDT

    Really weird bloodbath happened in abandoned fort

    Little backstory before I tell you about this weird bug...

    I had enough of losing forts to FPS death and decided to try something new that wouldn't eat my frames like tic tacs and so I could actually play the fort for years or do a project or whatever. I started a 2x2 fort aboveground with the intention of not mining a single tile and trying to make the most out of the limited space I have, hoping I wouldn't succumb again to FPS death but no matter how well I conserved the items around the fort in a QSP or how few dwarves (<60) and animals I had or how well much I could limit traffic so pathfinding wouldn't get hectic, the fort started to slow down. I abandoned the fortress instead of expelling most of them because for some reason, there's a portion of migrants whom you can't expel or send away because their spouse or child is not there at the fort (no shit, on average they have like 8 kids) and I didn't want to kill them cause I started to like the dumb bastards.

    Anyway, so after reclaiming the fort I saw the weirdest thing. I got the usual mess you get after reclaiming a fort with the whole place looking like it got tag teamed by a couple of giant sperm whales on bath salts but I also had random corpses from subterranean creatures all over the place... wtf? Btw let me remind you I didn't mine a single tile, not even dirt so obviously I couldn't have breached the caverns.

    decayed troll corpse laying on my perimeter wall

    crundle corpse

    a cave toad corpse in my bedrooms

    queen ant in my main ante-chamber?

    dead GCS by my brook

    Is this a bug or was there a legendary battle that took place in these 2 weeks of absence in my fort that I don't know about? Either way I have a lot of cleaning up to do :p

    TL;DR: Bunch of cavern creatures dead after reclaiming surface fort that didn't breach caverns

    submitted by /u/MyCatch22Life
    [link] [comments]

    A bronze colossus

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    Look! Who came to visit us

    submitted by /u/ramius21
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment